• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Calling all spriters!

@Shyguy: WW is on vacation right now and I don't know when he'll be back and he has placed me in charge. So any spriting questions you might have can be directed at me. As for the spriter list, everybody and their grandmother is allowed to submit (That doesn't mean they'll all be accepted) but everyone is allowed to give it a go. I'd love to see your Pokemon on account that the scratches that I have seen from you look really cool.

@Dragon: Overall a great first scratch. Some things I noticed:

Firstly the sprite is looking directly to the left. Most sprites are tilted a little toward the battler to give them a bit of a more 3D feel.

The outline is a little rough in a few places including both the back legs and the neck. Try to smooth it up a little which will improve it greatly.

The shading is probably the most noticeable. Underneath the wing should be 90% shadow. Also, the back wing can have a bit of the normal tone on the top of it. Most of the D/P sprites have little or no highlight which yours does not. This is not necessarily a bad thing but I think a sprite looks a bit more finished with the highlight. It does not need a lot but I would put some on the forehead and a tiny bit on the limbs if you can fit it. I also noticed that used a lot of dotted shading. Once again not necessarily a bad thing but if you made the shadow a little bit more whole and added a little highlight, it gives nearly the same effect but better.

It may sound like a lot is wrong with it but overall this is a very good first scratch. (Certainly better than my first scratch) Keep at it!

Okay. Thanks. I've had these guys for a year or so. Here they are. The second stage is first. I don't have names for them. Of course, I haven't worked on them in a while. Oh, and is it 64x64 or 80x80?

Shiny-Male
dude1ic1.gif

Shiny-Female
dude2ly3.gif

Normal-Male
dude3yl6.gif

Normal-Female
dude4qx0.gif

Shiny-Male
duderuno1tx0.gif

Shiny-Female
duderuno2dh1.gif

Normal-Male
duderuno3gc6.gif

Normal-Female
duderuno4tm2.gif

Thanks for the contribution. It's a rock type right? Or is it water? It's a bit of drastic change from blue to brown. It's well sprited though. Oh and it's 80x80.

Hm.. that's actually a good sprite, except for slight eye-hurtiness. You might want to do claydol next ;)

Thanks for the contribution. It's a rock type right? Or is it water? It's a bit of drastic change from blue to brown. It's well sprited though. Oh and it's 80x80.

Okay, I gave it to you in 80x80. I totally forgot to give you the types. Anyway, the first stage is Ground-Poison, the second stage is Ground-Fighting.

Mmm. Do you have a list of Pokemon with scratches already? I don't want to try to scratch something and find out someone's already made a sprite... Or should I just look through the pages and stop being lazy? =D

Uh yea, the Pokemon that have already been scratched are Bulbasaur, Charmander, Charizard, Squirtle, Pikachu, Magnemite, Chikorita, Amphoros, Houndoom, Ursuring, Combusken, Linoone, Absol, Flygon, Walrein, Shinx, Floatzel, Purugly, and Gliscor.

If anybody needs a list in the future just ask.

Last edited:
Uh yea, the Pokemon that have already been scratched are Bulbasaur, Charmander, Charizard, Squirtle, Pikachu, Magnemite, Chikorita, Amphoros, Houndoom, Ursuring, Combusken, Linoone, Absol, Flygon, Walrein, Shinx, Floatzel, Purugly, and Gliscor.

What about Aron?

I've got this little notice thing at the top of my screen...

"Where have you been for the past two weeks? Everything is so boring without you. D: Get active again!"

So I'm posting.

I finished the Centigr sprites (sorry I didn't use your shiny, but I based mine off of yours.)

Centigr:
Centipede34629.bmp

Shiny Centigr:
ShinyCentigr74513.PNG

Centigr Back:
CentigrBack48172.bmp

Shiny Centigr Back:
ShinyCentigrBack82916.PNG

Centigr Icon:
CentigrIcon42438.PNG

PHP:
Centigr: [IMG]http://www.iaza.com/work/090101C/Centipede34629.bmp[/IMG]

Shiny Centigr: [IMG]http://www.iaza.com/work/090101C/ShinyCentigr74513.PNG[/IMG]

Centigr Back: [IMG]http://www.iaza.com/work/090101C/CentigrBack48172.bmp[/IMG]

Shiny Centigr Back: [IMG]http://www.iaza.com/work/090101C/ShinyCentigrBack82916.PNG[/IMG]

Centigr Icon: [IMG]http://www.iaza.com/work/090101C/CentigrIcon42438.PNG[/IMG]

(That is my first icon, and i know it sucks, so go ahead and try to make another one if you want.)

I'll start doing the prevo sprites now.

Abra has also been scratched.

We need icons? I'll probably make them later when I'm not so lazy.

@Cryptica: I can't find the Abra, could you repost it?

@Shyguy: ...I'm not sure what you mean. Show me one first.

@Everybody else: Ok since I've forgotten so many here's a new list of Pokemon scratched:

Bulbasaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Squirtle, Pikachu, Magnemite, Chikorita, Pichu, Amphoros, Houndoom, Ursuring, Combusken, Linoone, Absol, Aron, Flygon, Walrein, Shinx, Floatzel, Purugly, and Gliscor.

I mean like this. The outline and base colors were taken from D/P. All I did was tweak the shading majorly. (Revamp it.) If you consider that okay, and legal, then you can use this one.

trapinchqq1.gif

The D/P sprite:
Trapinch

Back
Top Bottom