• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Can you do impressions?

cast.jpg

?

I can do a couple odd ones, but they're mostly Pokemon and other cartoonish voices. Sudowoodo is one of my better ones. I can also get my voice to go pretty low, but it sounds more demonic or Bowser-like than human.

Nobody in TV shows I know, unless I've just heard their voice so that I can remember it AND/OR it's an actually interesting quote that I would want to remember.
I can also imitate the voices pretty well in a few songs.

Bottom line: Sort of.

Once I could do an almost flawless Chief Wiggum, but last time I did it it came out wrong.

I'm pretty sure I could do just about any character from Monty Python.

A few different accents... eh, I can attempt a few different English accents, Irish, Scottish, Australian, sometimes French, German or something vaguely Hispanic in origin and something that could be Italian. Or "Mediterranean" (ugh). And Russian. Kind of. I'm sure that people who actually come from those places and spoke with those accents would laugh at me if they heard be, but I suppose they're passable. And I can kind of do a New York accent, but that's not entirely surprising seeing as, you know, I was born there and heard it enough when I was smaller.

Also squeaky high voices, this weird old English nanny voice, other strange, random voices/accents/ugh, I used to be able to do some Pokémon but haven't tried in years, Tristan Taylor from Yu-Gi-Oh before his voice actor changed a few episodes in, a couple of different roars/hisses and a near-flawless impression of the Chipmunks singing their Christmas song.

...that being the only one I can actually do regularly and am generally proud of. I scared my roommates in college with it. :P I'd sing it for you all if I could think of a reliable method of recording my voice and sharing it.

Corphish, and Sudowoodo from the Anime. I also do Mokuba from Yugioh: TAS.

I can also do a goat. It sounds pretty realistic too. I did it to one of my friends goats. :3

A few different accents... eh, I can attempt a few different English accents, Irish, Scottish, Australian, sometimes French, German or something vaguely Hispanic in origin and something that could be Italian. Or "Mediterranean" (ugh). And Russian. Kind of. I'm sure that people who actually come from those places and spoke with those accents would laugh at me if they heard be, but I suppose they're passable. And I can kind of do a New York accent, but that's not entirely surprising seeing as, you know, I was born there and heard it enough when I was smaller.

Also squeaky high voices, this weird old English nanny voice, other strange, random voices/accents/ugh, I used to be able to do some Pokémon but haven't tried in years, Tristan Taylor from Yu-Gi-Oh before his voice actor changed a few episodes in, a couple of different roars/hisses and a near-flawless impression of the Chipmunks singing their Christmas song.

...that being the only one I can actually do regularly and am generally proud of. I scared my roommates in college with it. :P I'd sing it for you all if I could think of a reliable method of recording my voice and sharing it.

That's awesome. Use a computer microphone or something...or videotape it.

D:

Poor quality recording of a Phoenixkratos with a budding chest cold or something attempting to sing Chipmunks songs into an mp3 player. Don't feel like wrestling with WMP 11 just to listen to it so someone else tell me if it works when you click the "listen" button.

...you asked for it. D:

I can impersonate the voices that George Lopez makes, if you have ever seen his stand-up, as well as those by John Leguizamo in his stand-ups. Further, I could do Carol Channing pretty well, and a little bit of John Wayne.

I seem to take on various accents at random, although I'm not conscious of doing so and it doesn't really count.

While I am not able to mimic voices particularly well as far as I know (having been rudely awakened from my delusions of grandeur after someone recorded my admittedly-nasal voice and I discovered exactly how irritating I sounded at that point in time. I've since gotten better at not speaking through my nose, but~), I am moderately decent at some forms of evil laughter and can - according to Midnight, anyway - do a decent job at a couple of the speech tics used in KHR.

I can, however, speak in lowercase.

Back
Top Bottom