• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Can you solve a Rubik's Cube?

How long does it take you to solve a Rubik's Cube?

• < 2 minutes

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • 2 - 5 minutes

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • 5 - 10 minutes

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • > 10 minutes

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • I can't solve it.

Votes: 45 69.2%

• Total voters
At my school, Rubik's cube are a fad. Everyone learned the formula to solve them and can solve them in under two minutes.

As for me?
No, I can't solve them.

I can do it in less than two minutes. I think I've done it in under one once, but only once.
People keep telling me 'you're cheating you use use the instructions that came with it' which I didn't, my first one didn't have any instructions and my newer one came with some that had a mistake I pointed out. (although the mistake wasn't massive; the worst it could do was un-solve it one step, which can easily be re-done)
I can't do it with my eyes closed though. I can't get one side without constantly looking at it. After that I can look away much more, but I still have to look back every while.
When I go thorough one of my Rubik's Cube phases (I get bored of thingsand move on pretty quickly), my brain often keeps day-dreaming by itself about rotating cubes D:

Well, anyway I want to do it in under a minute every time. But I can't :(

Nah. I've never really like rubiks Cubes. My dad has a sudoku one so you have to line up the numbers in the style of a sudoku. ITS EVIL!

Nah. I've never really like rubiks Cubes. My dad has a sudoku one so you have to line up the numbers in the style of a sudoku. ITS EVIL!

I have one of those. I haven't really tried it since late December 2007, but when I did try it IT WAS EVIL.

I really need to get back to it.

Wait, are you talking about a cube with six different numbers or nine?

ps vee you are not allowed to post here >:(
:3

After a few days of playing with and studying the 5-cube, and now knowing how to fix parity errors on even-size cubes of size >=4, I can say with some confidence that I can solve any size Rubik's Cube.

It took me like a minute and a half to solve a 3 the last time I actually timed it, but that was a while ago. Might be faster now from experience or slower from lack of practice.

Hrrm. I'm not a huge fan of Rubik's Cubes. My psychologist keeps a Rubik's Cube in his office, among other things, but I usually solve just one side before I get bored and put it away. I doubt I could do it even if I had unlimited time and gave it my undivided attention; it's not really my kind of thing.

is it me or does the plastic feel really wierd and cheap? My friend has a metal one. Its awesome.

One of my friends has one of those big pyramid ones, and one that I think 10x10x10, I forget exactly how much though, but that sounds about right. He can solve the classic one in under a minute.

^ A metal one would be pretty cool. I would try it, but just because it's made of metal doesn't mean I would have any better luck.

I've picked up a few Rubik's cubes before and played around with them a bit, but I've never seriously tried to solve one. If I actually did try to solve one I would probably just humiliate myself. ^^;;

To me, it gets old... fast.

I never really get to finishing one. Mainly because I get like "Screw this!" and throw it across the ceiling.

Then I play some video games to overcome my upset.

Back
Top Bottom