• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Capitalist Democracy Mafia 2: Credit Card Bubble

The duel is fierce, and many townspeople seem hesitant to shout out their support. Eventually, though, as the day runs late, the government snipers grow bored with waiting for the citizens to all vote, and simply take out the battler whom the most people have decried.

$2 — Metallica Fanboy
$1 — Music Dragon

A shot rings out and Metallica Fanboy crumples to the floor. Eager to learn whether the messages on their phones had been correct days ago, the town rifles through his pockets, but find nothing suspicious — just a handful of crumpled bills that look strangely familiar.

Metallica Fanboy is dead.
He was innocent.

(Obviously the normal penalty for not voting is impossible to implement on this day because of the duel, but note that on future days, if Wargle and/or Cynder again fail to vote, they will be treated as if they hadn't voted today (since they didn't)).

Day 4 is over.
Night 4 has begun.
48 hours for night actions.

After a day of finger-pointing and accusations flying, the citizens of Capitalismville are hopeful to get a quiet night. Their hopes are half-met, at least, since they aren't woken early by any messages buzzing on their cellphones.

On the other hand, when they congregate at City Hall the next morning, one of their number is missing. A CNN news alert confirms that the FBI has found Wargle dead in her bed, apparently without a struggle.

Night 4 is over.
Wargle is dead. She was innocent.

Day 5 has begun.
~30-120 hours for day phase discussion.

(I'm going on vacation from Tuesday to Friday and probably won't be able to get online during that time. If everyone's votes are in by the end of Monday night, I'll get the night phase going then; if not, I'll try to check in by phone now and then, but at the latest I'll do it when I get back. Sorry, guys!)

Sorry about not voting yesterday.

Last night's inspection was targeted at Faorzia, and she has an income.
I lost money last night, and for the first time it actually came with a reason?

Also, am I allowed to post what I think are the alignments of the other players?

Ok

Breakdown of players so far:
MF: Innocent
[highlight]VM: Not Innocent (might be self-aligned, if you believe the messages)[/highlight]
Superbird: Innocent
ZM: Mafia
[highlight]Stryke: Unknown[/highlight]
Zapi: Mafia
Wargle: Innocent
[highlight]MD: Uncertain (probably innocent,if you believe the messages)
Faorzia: Uncertain (probably innocent, if you believe me)
Cynder: Uncertain (probably innocent, if you believe me)[/highlight]
DA: Innocent

$13 against VM (abstain), he seems a bit too eager to hang himself.

Yeah, you can. For example...

Well there's no point in hiding it now. You heard him, folks, I am definitely not innocent. This is because I am the last of the mafia. After my two fellow mafioso died so early in the game, there's not much I could do, and now, after being pointed out by Cynder, who correctly identified all of the mafia, trying to defend myself would be a waste. Go ahead now and lynch me; if you do, this will all be over, I swear it on my honor as a snake. As for the broadcast saying I'm neither innocent or mafia, it turns out those really were wrong this whole time. Congratulations Cynder, you played an excellent game. I look forward to playing more games with you in the future.

...I suspect VM is an alien. Why? Well, here are the facts.

1. No mafiosi I've ever known is that eager to say he's mafia unless they could get something out of it. VM, assuming you are mafia, you could've stuck it out for a little while longer. So why contribute to end the game now? Which brings me to...
2. MD & MF gave you the option to get modkilled during their duel, but you refused. If you really wanted to end the game, you could've just done it then and there, but you didn't! What gives?
3. "Neither innocent nor mafia"? Oddly specific for a broadcast, right? Why broadcast that in particular? Also, as much as don't want to say it, the broadcasts are starting to prove their worth, which makes that already fairly incriminating piece of evidence even more incriminating.

Go ahead now and lynch me; if you do, this will all be over, I swear it on my honor as a snake.
Clever wordplay VM: if we had lynched you, it WOULD all be over, because you'd have been activated and would've won.

Anyway, the evidence is all there. Sorry Cynder, if that's what you meant: I just REALLY needed to get that out of my system. And I'm done for now.

Also, the $5 Cynder and VM lost was cause of me. And since I am the only unknown on Cynders chart and that comment is very cryptic without context, I'll roleclaim: I'm an innocent and a Health Insurance Salesman: my power is if pay $20, I can protect any player for one night from mafia kills. However, if they aren't targeted that night by mafia, but I protected them anyway, they pay me $5 as a premium. Anyway, I hope that clears things up. Any questions you got, feel free to ask. Seeing as how I protect people from mafia kills, I'm probably gonna be targeted next, so oh well.

Also, $25 to abstain because 13+25=38. Your plan is foiled, VM.

Well, we know VM isn't, I know I'M not (plus i roleclaimed), and you haven't given any reason to distrust you, which rules out Cynder and Faorzia. Which leaves MD... but I don't think we should lynch him without any real evidence. So here's what I propose: lone mafiosi, whoever you are, I suggest you kill VM, since an alien win is no fun for anyone. And Cynder, I suggest you use your power on MD, so we can get some actual evidence. And... yeah, that's it from me for now.

All this talk of aliens is quite rude. I'll have you know I'm a third-generation Serpentine-American immigrant.

We already proved the broadcasts were completely meaningless when MF turned out to be innocent. Do you really want to put stock into that?

I'm offering you a great opportunity here, pal! Lynch me and you'll win the game.

You said you're an immigrant? I hear the dictionary defines alien as "belonging to a foreign country or nation", so either way, you're still an alien.

But they also correctly predicted DarkAuras innocence!

And I just... I just can't lynch someone for the purpose of a game. Too cruel.

Such xenophobia. I worked hard to become the upstanding mafia boss that I am today and this is how I'm treated?

I came out to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now.

Back
Top Bottom