• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Capitalist Democracy Mafia [Game Thread]

/emerges from lurkery lurker shadows

Yeah, I'll throw a $1 vote for abstaining.

Also: I did get my paycheck last night, if anybody was wondering.

Pretty sure that was directed at the people who do have money.

Yes, you're right.

-----------------------

Some of the people of Capitalismville are quiet, while others venture information about their personal finances. Overall, though, few people have more than vague clues about what's going on.

One by one, the citizens line up in the voting booths to pay to give input on what to do, as the CIA notifications sent to everyone's phones remind them that there will be consequences for those cheapskates who don't vote.

Finally, after the last vote is put in, totals appear on the screen in the center of Town Hall.

ABSTAIN — $5
FLORA — $10
DAR — $10

The screen flashes to static for a moment before returning with a minor alteration:

ABSTAIN — $5
FLORA — $20
DAR — $10

A shot rings out through the hall from somewhere above, and a single bullet hole appears cleanly in the center of Flora's forehead before her body crumples, dead before it hits the floor.

Flora, the Yellow Journalist, is dead.
She was innocent.

48 hours for night actions.

Fuck me I'm never including a role that kills at the end of the day phase in another Mafia game because I can never fucking remember to do it. Fuck.

Momentarily after Flora gets shot dead, another body falls to the ground — that of Altissimo, who is quickly autopsied and proven to have been poisoned.

Altissimo, the Sports Announcer, is dead.
She was innocent.

The city of Capitalismville is buzzing that night, not only with gossip about the deaths but also with surreptitious activity under cover of night, even despite some of the citizens snoozing away with no regard to the intrigue.

In the morning, on their way to town hall, the first passersby gawk at Superbird's house, which is a mess. The door stands half-open and the interior is trashed, and the little old lady from down the lane swears she saw bloody shoeprints leading down the stairs and out the front door. By the time most of the citizens gather to gape, though, the whole street is cordoned off by police and nobody can get close enough to see. Disappointed, they head back to town hall for the daily vote.

Superbird, the Hard-Boiled Detective, is dead.
He was innocent.

48 hours for day phase discussion.

>:( Whoever called me in the middle of the night trying to get me to donate to them, curse you and your sly-talking! Why did I pay you :(

Wait... Shit, if that name means anything we just lost our Inspector. >:[ NOOOOOO

Breaking news! I just opened up my PM. It says that a guy in a trench coat (pretty obviously a hard boiled detective) sold me an inspection result for 3 dollars saying ZM is innocent. However, keep in mind this could also be fake and ZM could be Mafia.

Well, damn.

Just a message saying somebody in a trench coat sold you an inspection result sounds sooort of dodgy to me; even if that is the real way inspection results are delivered in this game, the setup is perfect for there to also be a mafia role that can send misleading inspection results. Let's not rule out Zero Moment completely for now.

>:( Whoever called me in the middle of the night trying to get me to donate to them, curse you and your sly-talking! Why did I pay you :(
I've gotten that too both nights so far. Does that mean it's a multi-target thing, or that multiple people are doing it?

I think it's safe to say that inspection result was real, since Superbird did say that his night action involved taking a fraction of someone's money as payment for, apparently, his deduction.

I'm kinda confused about yesterday's votes. I suppose some people (or just mafia?) can submit theirs via PM, so that explains the votes for Flora and Dar. And the $5 for abstaining fits in with Lilycolo, ILS, VM, Waffle, and Zero Moment's votes.

Zexion, Superbird and I placed zero dollars for an abstain, and not counting Flora, Altissimo and (now) Superbird, Dar and Buttefree are the only ones who hadn't given any votes and (from what I'm assuming) didn't get any penalties (unless the vote for Dar was a penalty by the game itself?).

Obviously, anyone who voted to abstain isn't in the clear, but I'm reasonably confident that one of those two have to be mafia.

What do you guys think?

Neither Dar nor Flora voted (or even posted) yesterday, so I assume both $10 votes were part of the suicide vote mechanic. The sudden change to $20 smells like some sort of Hammerer role, or, like you suggested, by a secret Mafia vote. Of the others that didn't vote and weren't penalised, I assume that they were broke, and therefore weren't required to.

Well, damn.

Just a message saying somebody in a trench coat sold you an inspection result sounds sooort of dodgy to me; even if that is the real way inspection results are delivered in this game, the setup is perfect for there to also be a mafia role that can send misleading inspection results. Let's not rule out Zero Moment completely for now.

I've gotten that too both nights so far. Does that mean it's a multi-target thing, or that multiple people are doing it?
That happened to me too the first night, but I didn't have anything to give.

Okay I may or may not be inactive in the near future and I don't wanna lynch meself so I'm gonna throw out a buck for abstaining. I'll change this later come more info.

Back
Top Bottom