• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

*Closed* [OOC] Semi-lit: PG-13: The Order of the Dragon Knights

Re: [OOC] Semi-lit: PG-13: The Order of the Dragon Knights

;) moony forgot that the average height during the middle ages was around 5' tall

Anyway, accepted

Humans

Name:
Sir Wincent Raine III
Prior Status: Noble
Appearance:
Personality: Wincent is a very energic and annoying guy, he barely has time to do anything boring, and is always willing to try something new. The reason is very simple: He was never allowed to do anything fun in his father's castle, he was literally locked up in his room the few months before he turned 15 and could take the Examination. When he was younger, Wincent and his friend often pranked the maids and servants of the castle and sneaked out to play, but when his father found out, he was restricted from visiting his friend anymore. They never saw each other again.

Reserve :3.

Name: Brinnak
Species: Red

Appearance: Brinnak takes great pride in his hide. The scales mostly have a glinting, ruby-like look to them. A covering of thicker, crimson scales cover his face, forming a resemblance to a mask. The same type of scales coat his back, ending at the tip of his tail. The webbing of his wings is a pale gold color, as are his eyes and underbelly. Brinnak has backswept, large black horns, matching his back-spikes and wing-spikes. His claws are also coal-black.

Brinnak, like most red dragons, is large, matching and even surpassing the normal size.

Personality: Brinnak is proud and confident, only rarely showing any sort of weakness. Even if he does at some point show a crack in this metaphoric armor, he will vehemenently deny it. The dragon, like most, will hoard massive amounts of treasure, and Brinnak is very possesive of it. He would only give even a trinket to a close and trusted ally, and even then would be reluctant about it.

Brinnak does have a caring side, though he does his very best to hide it. If anyone can manage to become his friend, Brinnak would make a true friend. But that's a longshot.

Form completed; just ask me to change something and I will.

I could've sworn there was a Dragon Cave dragon that looked like Arite, but I guess I was mistaken. I can even imagine the pose and everything :P

Heheh, all righty. I'll rise to the bait here.

Let me know if I have to fix anything!

Name: Transfadimir Kinri, or just Kinri for short.

Color: Green

Appearance: Smaller than average for his kind, but only marginally so...say, a foot shorter, give or take. His hide is sleek with a dull, glossy finish that Kinri is actually quite proud of -in fact, it's not surprising to see him fastidiously preening for a couple of hours daily to keep that look. (He claims it helps him think, but those that know him can say otherwise.) His eyes, like any green dragon's, are bright, mischievious, and quite intelligent-as well as a bright shade of blue like the desert sky. One could also note the softer scales of his belly-in comparison to the forest-green of the rest- are a paler shade; kind of a milky light green, while his snout tapers just a little to give him a slightly narrow-looking muzzle.

His tail is thin, almost whiplike, while the scales on his body are a much finer quality than the typical dragon -feeling much like sandpaper when touched and not as thick or ridged as other dragons-perfect for the habitat his kind enjoy. Kinri's wings are the typical of most dragons- large, almost batlike and quite suited to soaring on updrafts over the arid terrain of his native home. His hindlegs are powerfully muscled, obviously, to allow him to leap high enough to take flight-while his forelimbs are slimmer, and the clawed 'paws' are able to manipulate or even hold some objects.

Personality: Friendly, perhaps overly so, when it comes to other dragons...especially his own kind. And certainly a bit too clever for his own good at times. More than once has a cleverly done bit of mischief turned right back on him because he over-thought it. As noted, he is certainly a touch vain when compared to other Greens, but to each their own. In battle, or preparing for one, Kinri displays a certain deviousness that could make even a demon envious at times-provided he has enough information about what he's up against. Also noted as a remarkably fast learner, and known to attempt to at least be good company for others...if they can put up with the occasional witty remark or oddball joke.

Last edited:

Name: Raiha

Prior Status: Servant

Appearance: Raiha is roughly 5'7, with dark brown eyes and untidy hair. He is well toned from his years of working, with darkly tanned skin and is relatively unblemished by scars, although there is a thin one on his cheek from when he tried practicing with a real blade. He's wearing a short sleeve black shirt, with a dark black coat over that. He's wearing sturdy work pants, and leather boots. He has a leather scabbard that he keeps his wooden sword in, waiting for the day he can get a real one.

Personality: To nobles, Raiha doesn't speak much, as he feels rather uncomfortable around them. The only noble he can ever remember being comfortable around and talking freely with is the noble woman whom he had been a servant for. Thus, he can be sort of eloquent when he needs to be. Around serfs and other servants, he speaks a lot. He's pretty laid back, but he's also quick to get into fights, always wanting to test himself. Whenever he got a few spare minutes, he'd practice swinging around a wooden sword he made, to the point where he could make a dent in a tree. Due to this, he has also developed a protective nature to younger children, as he was the one who would drive away wild dogs and the like. Can get uncomfortable around attractive women, but develops a nonchalant attitude towards girls he doesn't deem attractive.

Last edited:

All right, accepted and reserved. I probably would prefer a little more detail, Momoharu, but it's all right.

Dragons are closed now. People, get your forms in (that includes my silver :( *sigh*), and consider taking a human character too if you haven't already ;)

Re: *= 2 Humans needed =* [OOC] Semi-lit: PG-13: The Order of the Dragon Knights

Jeez, why did everyone jump in to be a dragon? Humans are cool too :(

Re: *= 2 Humans needed =* [OOC] Semi-lit: PG-13: The Order of the Dragon Knights

Name: Sir Marcus Veyval
Prior Status: Noble
Appearence: Marcus Veyval is a rather big man- Years of exercise enhanced his muscle mass greatly. Add in the fact that he's already rather tall... Adding to his intimidating appearence is a head shaved of all hair. Marcus' size means that most of his clothes have to be very specially tailored, and so even with his rank he has a very limited wardrobe. They're all fairily simple, though- While he has a few exquisite silk pieces, he prefers to wear the course leathers and the like that makes him seem more of a commoner. This clothing is usually quite sturdy, and almost serves as armor itself.
Personality: Marcus isn't very smart. He leaves all thinking of tactics to those who think better than he does, preferring to do things his own way. Of course, he is not mentally challenged, nor is he necessarily stupid- His lifestyle has just left him to ignore book learning. Of course, at things where it really matters, Marcus is a genius- He knows how to fight and how to put his enemies in a situation where they are forced to surrender. He aspires to be a knight- a goal that drives everything he does.

Marcus seems to be unaware of his intimidating appearence in the presence of friends- Such is anything but the case amongst enemies.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, no. The humans are all 15, or maybe 16 years old. They would not have had a chance to become a full knight, mainly because this exam is to determine whether or not they should even go into training to become a knight. Also, nobles would not do any actual farming themselves... that's why they have serfs working the lands for them ;). So, sorry, I cannot accept that yet.

Jeez, why did everyone jump in to be a dragon? Humans are cool too :(

I would have, but I'm a complete dragon freak D:

*points to Dragon Cave scroll* Hey, if you look carefully, you may find Arite on there ;D She's not the same, but I liked the name, so :P

EDIT: Wait I forgot to mention

I'M GETTING AN ERAGON REFERENCE o_o

Last edited:

I think I may have about the intelligence of the character I made because I read that part, too

Anyway, form edited

Re: *= Closed, finish forms please =* [OOC] Semi-lit: PG-13: The Order of the Dragon Knights

Can you fill in more details about his appearance please, PMW? For instance, hair and eye color, body color, hairstyle, and what his exquisitely-tailored clothes look like?

In the meantime, here's my Dragon form... I think I went a little overboard on the appearance... ^^;;

Dragon

Name: Endymion
Species: Silver
Appearance: Endymion is just over 14 feet tall and 42 feet long, with a long tail, nearly 18 feet long just itself. From his neck down to the fir-shaped tip of his tail, his body appears segmented by vertebrae. Each segment is split up to down. The top half of each segment is made of thick, hard, smooth scales, nearly fused together to give the impression of a kind of body armor, shiny and sparkly, like metal except it doesn't reflect quite as well. On each segment along this 'armor,' there are three spiky horns: one large one on the top, pointed up and backward, and one more on each side, pointed out and back, slightly smaller than the ones on the top. This 'armor' is colored a light, silvery gray, almost light bluish in its hue, especially bluish close to the tips of the horns. On the other hand, the lower half of his segments, making up his underhide, are much softer and more flexible, feeling more like a hard leather than a stiff body armor. Each of these bulge out slightly in the middle. The color of his underhide is somewhat darker, but still gray, closer to white than black. Endy's body is built long, with a long neck, tail, and legs, but he still has some girth on him, his neck averaging about 3 feet wide, though widening toward the chest, opening up to around 6 feet wide along the chest, and just a little thicker around the widest point of the belly area, close to 7 feet.

Endy's head is long, about 6 feet from his snout to the beginning of his neck. His whole muzzle is a similar color and texture to his underhide, though it's mostly closer to the bone than the rest of that area, but his forehead, and around his eyes make it look like he's wearing a mask, smooth and silvery like the top of his body, the edge basically resting on top of his muzzle, then curling around the back of his cheeks, then back up around the back of his head. Endy has 5 long, relatively thin horns on his head, each pointing outward and back. Two horns are on the bottom, back of his cheeks, one each, on the base of his 'mask'. One horn is on the very top of his head, near the back as well The last two are near the top, one each along the sides of his head, wider and thinner near the base than the other horns, curved slightly backward, also acting like ears, with a small hole in the 'mask' each. There are two more 'holes' in his 'mask,' shaped like curved triangles and containing his eyes, but slightly larger than his actual eyes. Because his mask is hard and stiff, directly surrounding his actual eyes is a thin layer of skin, nearly black, but capable of closing and opening like eyelids. His actual eyes are red and glow in the dark, with thin, black slits for pupils. Finally, Endy also has a light blue, hollow star-shaped marking, with 5 'points', on his forehead, just between his eyes, though with each 'point' acting like it's pointing toward each of his 5 horns on his head.

Endy's four legs look like they're the only parts of his body with actual scales. The color of his legs is darker than both his armor or hide, a medium gray. Each leg is long and muscular, shaped similar to that of a feline's. They arise from a thin, scaly region along the side of his torso, situated just between his hide and his armor. Each of his paws has 4 claws on it. On his forepaws, Endy has four long, bony, clawed fingers, one of them opposable, so that he can run on all fours with his thumb forward, or grasp objects with his thumb backward, like a bird's talons. His hind paws have all four 'toes', shorter than the forepaw 'talons' and pointed forward, though somewhat spread from each other, and not very flexible. His hindclaws are much larger than his foreclaws, and each slightly curved. His wings also emerge from this thin 'middle' section, and are only as long as his torso, but are shaped like wide bat wings, with three long, webbed fingers forming his wings, and one extra 'wingclaw. He has a long wingspan, close to 70 feet wide, and when fully spread, each wing is about 18 feet measured parallel to his body length.

Personality: Endymion is cool and soft spoken. He tends to think of himself in a vain and arrogant fashion, but rather than openly display his mind, he prefers instead to quietly and subtly try to get others to see or do things his way, often going out of his way to create plans to do so, just for fun. He can be a friendly, playful individual, but his idea of games might not be shared with others. Since he tends to look down upon others, often literally due to his size, Endy likes to toy with them, physically or mentally, testing to try to understand them and what makes them tick. Anything that comes within his territory... people, objects, points of view... just about anything, he'll see as his to do as he pleases, until proven otherwise. This also makes him fiercely protective of those he cares about, though.

Life is a game to Endy, and there's nothing like winning, whatever that means to him at the time.

Last edited:
Re: *= Closed, finish forms please =* [OOC] Semi-lit: PG-13: The Order of the Dragon Knights

I'd like to reserve a spot as a human character, please

Unfortunately, all slots are filled now. Only if someone drops can I allow you to join.

Everyone still outstanding: I'd like to start today if I can, so please either finish up or tell me why you can't.

Well, my form is done. I hope it's okay.

All right, looks good. We need 3 more humans to finish their forms.

In the interest of speed, I will tentatively accept President Michael Wilson, though I would still request that he completes the few questions I asked of his sign-in sheet. I will give Bakun a little more time to finish her sign up, but I would ask that she finishes before she posts in the RPG thread herself

On the other hand, I will give Dragon until exactly 3 days after she reserved her human character, which is in about 13 hours and 30 minutes, to show significant progress toward a sign-up for that sign up. If she fails to do so, I will open the slot up for someone else to take, since I have had a couple offers for a slot.

That said, I'm starting to work on the opening, and I should begin tomorrow at some point, so be ready everyone.

Hey hey I'm done~

Ah, all right, accepted.

We should be able to start tomorrow then, though I still need additions for two forms.

Back
Top Bottom