• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Closed] (Signup) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

mewtini

sorry guys, don’t lose
Pronoun
she/her
I haven't seen one of these done.

This goes by the main premise of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky.

You were a human. After an extremely violent storm, you get knocked out and awaken on a beach, near the sea. You slowly wake up, thinking "...W...where am I... Who am I...?". You see a Pokemon walk torwards you, saying "Aaah! Are you okay?! Answer me!", and you slowly respond you're alright. You look around to see that you've become a Pokemon. You and your newfound partner embark on more adventures, and you try to uncover your past, who you are, why the heck you're a Pokemon now, and... I sound like an advertising person. :|

(I'd like it if most of the people who join this know the basic beginning plot of PMD Time/Darkness/Sky. We won't be following the plot of it directly, but most of the characters are the same, and we'll start with the beginning plot of those games.)

Being a Pokemon, you will be fully able to use moves. HOWEVER, the moves you use must be able to be learned by the Pokemon you're RPing. (TMs, egg moves, and all possible moves are permitted.)

----------

Explanations

There are four pairs; Main Character/Partner x4. All four MCs were on the same beach. Four Partners (aspiring to be part of the guild) find the MCs, and help them up. (It is the partner's choice of which MC they want to be the partner or; however, it is ONLY decided by the MC once the RP actually starts.)

----------

FORMS

Guild Pokemon

Flexible; you CAN change it to any Pokemon you want (excluding ubers) and have them use the same role as these (excluding Chatot and Wigglytuff; read on). I'm keeping the canon characters here, though, just for reference.

Need at least Wigglytuff, Chatot, and two of the others claimed. Preferably all of them taken.

For the record, you can edit these forms (excluding Wigglytuff and Chatot) or keep them as is. (you just need to leave the Job at Guild and Personality areas alone.)
Proclaimed best explorer at Wigglytuff' guild form said:
Pokemon: Sunflora
Job at Guild: General Explorer
Personality: Super hyper and friendly, oh my gosh oh my gosh!
Other: Is one of the guild's best explorers, as proclaimed by the Guildmaster. Is also slightly upset at Loudred, due to a past fight between them.

Living alarm clock's form said:
Pokemon: Loudred
Job at Guild: alarm clock
Personality: Grumpy and loudmouthed, though friendly. Hmph!
Other: Is slightly upset at Sunflora, due to a past fight between them.

Rookie's form said:
Pokemon: Bidoof
Job at Guild: General Explorer
Personality: Very sweet and tries to avoid fights, by golly. Bidoof is unsure of his abilities, and is determined to train at the guild to become the "best explorer ever".
Other: Is a rookie. Respects Sunflora's exploring abilities.

Chimecho's form said:
Pokemon: Chimecho
Job at Guild: Chef
Personality: happy go lucky, and always a good friend. Is best friends with Sunflora, and they are roommates.
Other: is greatly respected in the guild, because THE POKEMON WANT FOOD. (note: from the very beginning, RPers are able to have Pokemon join. Therefore, Chimecho's role in the games as granting your team the ability to recruit Pokemon is negated.)

Chatot's form said:
Pokemon: ChatotChatot
Job at Guild: Guildmaster Wigglytuff's right hand Pokemon
Personality: By the book, and has a hard exterior. Behind that rough shell, Chatot is friendly and loyal to the whole guild.
Other: Chatot panics if Wigglytuff begins to use Hyper Voice ("YOOM... YOOM... TAH!!!")

Wigglytuff's form said:
Pokemon: WigglytuffWigglytuff
Job at Guild: Guildmaster
Personality: Hyper and naive!♪ Likes to make new friendly-friends in the guild!♪
Other: Is devoted to Chatot for saving his life in Brine Cave.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Cypher/Mendatt have stated this; after reading their ideas, these canon slots in the guild Pokemon are now flexible (though they must have the same roles in the guild.) HOWEVER, Chatot and Wigglytuff are staying put as they are. NO CHANGING THEM.
----------

Main Characters

These are the player character as represented in the games. I only want two people to take a one of these. Thank you.

NOTICE: The character I'm using is one of these! There are three total, but only two spots are available! Thank you.

Player Character's form said:
Name: [self explanatory]
Pokemon: [self explanatory; I would prefer this to be one of the starters in the games, but anything's fine. NO UBER POKEMON.]
Personality: [how would this character react to certain things? What does this character act like?]
Other: [self explanatory]

----------

Partner Pokemon

These represent the partner Pokemon in the games. RPers are free to choose which Main Character they become friends with. Only three, again!

Partner's form said:
Name: [self explanatory]
Pokemon: [self explanatory; I would prefer this to be one of the starters in the games, but anything's fine. NO UBER POKEMON.]
Personality: [how would this character react to certain things? What does this character act like?]
Other: [self explanatory]

----------

Rules
-General RP rules
-Have some common sense/manners, okay?
-Good grammar is a must, remember!
-No Mary-Sues. If you see any, please PM me or kindly point it out to the offending player (or both). Even if I do! Please tell me.
-No controlling other players' characters. Don't be a thief! >:(
-YOUR CHARACTER WILL SUSTAIN DAMAGE. No dodging every attack.
-Be fair, and be nice!
-Stay in character.
-I'd appreciate it if you turned off signatures for RP posts and applications, for cleanliness.
-If you see any offenses to these rules, PM me. Even if I, myself oppose my own rules, don't be afraid to yell at me! (Please don't really yell ; ;)

----------

My Character (Main Character)

My Character's form said:
Name: Stormblazia (Blazia for short)
Pokemon: Vulpix
Personality: Friendly and sweet, though a little afraid of strife. When her friends are in danger or Blazia is in great peril, she will fight hard.
Other: None

----------

Claimed Characters

Wigglytuff-Mendatt
Chatot-Blinkingsky (doubled as Blinkingsky is also Blink the Ralts [see OC below])
Sunflora-N/A
Loudred-Mewtini (doubling as Stormblazia [see OC below])
Chimecho-ShadowTheHoundoom (doubling as Crystal the Shinx [see OC below])
Bidoof-Glace (may be cancelled)
Partner #1-Mai (see OC below)
Partner #2-ShadowTheHoundoom (see OC below)
Partner #3-Cypher (see OC below)
Partner #4-Eon Spirit (was added as of 5/19/2011 due to Cypher's suggestion [see OC below])
Main #1-Mewtini (me; see OC below)
Main #2-Blinkingsky (see OC [original character] below)
Main #3-DarkAura (see OC below)
Main #4-Lili (added at 5/19/2011 due to Cypher's suggestion[see OC below])

Original Characters
(Main Character) Blink (M)Ralts-Blinkingsky
(Main Character) Charmander (F)Charmander-DarkAura
(Main Character) Stormblazia (F)Vulpix-Mewtini (me)
(Main Character) Chora (F)Purrloin-Lili
(Partner) Crystal (F)Shinx-ShadowTheHoundoom
(Partner) Joseph (M)Eevee-Cypher
(Partner) Avery (M)Taillow-Eon Spirit
(Partner) Suzannah (F)Electrike-Mai
----------

Alright! That's it! Questions on the mechanics will be answered as promptly as possible. Thank you!

Last edited:
Re: [Open] (Signup) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

I call Wigglytuff. He's awesome.

Last edited:

AAAAaaaccepted, Mendatt.

Last edited:

Main Character form

Name: Blink
Pokemon: Ralts
Personality: Smart. Will think through a plan. Slow to trust, and doesn't have many friends, but the ones he does have are close. Will defend those friends no matter what. Will realize, however, when a situation is just too much no matter what he does and will opt to pull out in order to come back when they can.
Other: None that I can think of

Also, I have beaten all of the games(replaying Explorers of Darkness atm, actually), so I know the story very well.

EDIT: I am sooooo totally not going to play a Ralts in every RP I do *Rolls eyes*. Oh yea, did I mention I've been waiting for somebody to do a RP based on these games? :P

Last edited:

Blinkingsky, I like that application. Approved!~

Hahaha, I've been waiting for someone to make one as well. I eventually decided "oh whatever, I'll make my own."

Last edited:

Question, can I be a Shaymin, PLEASE. I promise not to be uber in any which way. Otherwise inwill probely be Axew or Shiny shinx and I'm gonna be female. I'll make form upon your response.

Eh... Just to be fair to everyone else, no Shaymin.

(also I'm not really taking shinies. The PMD games don't have shinies!)

Eh... Just to be fair to everyone else, no Shaymin.

(also I'm not really taking shinies. The PMD games don't have shinies!)

Orly? *points to the shiny Celebi that is crucial to the plot*

EDIT: Forgot to put my character is posted to be a "main character", just so you know.

Last edited:

Except Celebi, she's shiny! I'd like a partner form, please. Will fill out later.

Last edited:

@Blinkingsky: Can you think of anything other than that Celebi? There's just not enough shinies for me to feel right allowing them.

@Mai: Haha, ninja'd. Alright, reserved.

(also guys if I don't edit the Character List in the first post within half an hour of my accepting your character, VM/PM me or post here or something.)

EDIT: Signatures off! D: (okay fine I admit I keep forgetting to disable them)

they only made celebi pink to show that she is female (if she was male, then she'd be gay. =P)

I'd like to be a main character please.

Name:N/A(She too has no memory, but alas, she cant even remember her own name)
Pokemon:Charmander(they call her charmander,since she has no memory of her name)
Personality: A brave nature. She is one to fight evil w/out hesitation. Go on. Fight Forth. Be a hero!!! She is one that will never give up, and she will do anything to save her friends
Other: Has a small, faint, sword shape birth mark on her leg. She wears a sapphire bow.

Delete one of those posts; you doubleposted.

Approved. (and what's wrong with that? :( )

Could you work on your grammar, please? Not to be rude, or anything... but that's slightly irritating to read.

Name: Crystal

Species: Shinx(assuming we evolve as we go)

Personality: Crystal is very shy, she gets extremely nervous around opposite gender pokemon, especially quadrupeds. She is very fast but also sits back and thinks several moves ahead though she dosnt always account for everything. She believes in logic, and because of this she is baffled at this sudden change in figure(turning from human to pokemon).

Other: Appling for a partner character*tear* to whoever wants me as partner. (She knows Kung-foo. Just kidding I just watched SNL celebrity jeopardy with kino reeves in it.)

Last edited:

1.sorry for doubleposting. My computer sucks.
2. How is my grammar bad? Do you mean spelling and puntuation? Those are usage, not grammar.

@Glace: Accepted!
@ShadowTheHoundoom: Sorry to say, but DarkAura has actually claimed the last Main Character. I just haven't edited it in quite yet. Partner's still open though.
@DarkAura: In that case, yeah, usage.

Come on, can't someone else claim a canon character from the guild? :c

I edited my post for partner(still upset I'm not shaymin, shiny, or main character. Due to this fact I may make my own RP sort of like this but also like Arylett's)

Reserve me a partner Pokemon.

Anyways, I'm assuming there'll be two teams? In that case, at least four partners are needed. That is, if the two have the same amount *is confuzzled*

@Cypher: Reserved partner accepted.

Fill out the forms for the partner/main Pokemon, and post it. (C+Ping them might prove useful.) Look at others' forms for examples!

Back
Top Bottom