• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Closed] (Signup) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Re: [Open] (Signup) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

I'm upset my iPod will not show any of the spoilers soninhavebnonidea what you guys are saying.

I have to say that Glace is right. If we're going to mess with it, which is more or less a given, changing the plotline would probably work better.

Last edited:

Cypher: Correct.
ShadowTheHoundoom: Pffhaha. Well um..I can't help that, but it's things that are crucial to the original's storyline that we don't want someone who's just viewing it to be like "oh whoa the ending"
Glace: I'm not trying to have the ending exactly the same, but because of the fact we're wanting to have more main/partners, it'll somewhat mess up the storyline and we're working it out before later on we're like "oh shoot we should've addressed this before o_O"

EDIT: Cypher: Approved.

I'm thinking we should just go along once we've got enough RPers in this, and work out the storyline as we go along.

Last edited:

Name: Chora (pronounced "Core-uh")
Pokemon: Purrloin
Personality: Chora is playful, and doesn't take most things seriously. She usually has sarcastic quips and a dark humor. She's likes to act innocent, however, and her first attribute she uses against her enemies is trying to make them feel bad for her by pouting or flinching in fear. However, when she is angered, she makes sure her claws are unsheathed and ready to break skin.
Other: She's very very attached to Guildmaster Wigglytuff, usually rubbing up against him and purring with compassion. She is also a Main Character.

Last edited:

The only way I'd be entertained by this RP would be to have it from a largely different perspective or minorly reference known events that cause the things in a completely different storyline.

And even if you aren't trying to make it have the same ending, we still sort of know what to expect from it. :/

@Glace: We're going to deviate from the main storyline, though some of the really plot crucial things are going to stay as is. Such as Dialga, Brine Cave, Darkrai, and Cresselia.
@Lili: The form looks fine, although what role is this character? Post that, then it should be fine.

(by the way, I'm thinking to let you guys evolve sooner. Not sure, but.)

Cypher, I saw it~

C'mon, someone take guild members :[

I'm being Lili's pardner1

Name: Avery
Pokemon: Taillow
Personality: Avery is flighty, and can be a little too easily distracted, but in a fight, he's the one you want on your side. He also is extremely resourceful.
Other: Avery's wings are longer and better at maintaining long periods of flight, without sacrificing the natural speed of the pokemon. He also has a ruffle of red feathers on top of his head. Avery's father was a Crobat, and thus he has Supersonic/Brave Bird in his movepool.

Since partners are in short supply,
I'm not sure I can see why
You would turn down an eager face.
So let's get some details in place.

My name will be Lia
I'll have lived in the sea, a
fair ways off-shore most of my life.
I will be a Chinchou.
Not sure how I met you,
But I'll sure we'll find some plot device.
People say that I'm nice,
But they're only half right.
I oft toss and turn and I can't sleep at night
For the awful things I know I've done.
But hey! Forget that. Let's have fun!
My gloomy, dark, and awful past
Really shouldn't hold us all back!

(And by the way, I am female.
Hope that doesn't mean "no sale.")

EDIT:
I fear that I did hesitate
To post and I am now too late
To be a partner or some such.
If that is so... Well, then that sucks.
Though I'm not clear on guildmember roles
If I must choose one to enroll,
Then I feel that the job of chef
Would be the role to suit me best.

Speaking of which, you might as well separate the rolls of friend manager and chef. And there should be a guild-footprint-checkerer two. Probably. And guild signboard switcher... Oh, so many possibilities.

Last edited:

@Mendatt: I forgot Dugtrio and Diglett. Oops. Also, there are no members of the guild that help you recruit other team members. You're able to recruit more from the start.
@Zecora: I LOVE THIS APPLICATION <3 Approoooooved~

Last edited:

Also, can we be recruitable team members?
Also, sorry bout that. I didn't notice where it said it in the first post right in front of my eyes in an extremely obvious manner. Even though it makes complete sense. Given this is an rp.
*Goes to whack his head against a wall*
And I'm not sure if we're going to need him, but maybe croagunk.

Last edited:

It's okay!

I'm not sure how the Croagunk Swap thing would work here. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure how to handle the Belly or items or anything.

Personally, I think that besides a few special things, like Temporal Tower's part in time collapsing, Darkrai(or a similar personality poke) being the big reason, etc.), this should be open-ended as long as it conforms to the laws of the PMD universe.

Also, how are partners chosen? Random picking? Choice? Minigame? You didn't say about that anywhere, so I'm naturally curious.

Another thing: I think every main character/partner combo should be its OWN team. This is so that not only do people have their own thing feel more personal, but also so that there is no unnecessary interactions between characters. Plus, how would it make sense that 8 people all decided to join the guild as apprentices at the same time. 4 different groups of 2 makes MUCH more sense, imo.

Finally, when I was reading some of the posts yesterday, there were so many spoiler coverings that I felt almost like I was reading classified government material XD

Blinkingsky: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

Choice; though the main character is free to reject a partner (civilly).

True, I'll do that, in fact.

xD

@Eon Spirit: A little bit far-fetched, but accepted.

You should probably edit the guild pokemon out and the available roles in. As it is, it's kind of confusing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom