• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Crazy Linoone versus Mikeh dah Fawkshog

Oh screw it we're blatantly dying anyway.

Come back up to the surface and spam it with Surf; just wear it down ready for the next guy to pick off more easily. If it Protects, Chill instead (unless it protects on the first action, I still want you to come up even if you'll just bounce off its shield).

Dive ~ Surf/chill ~ Surf/chill

(uhm, much as I love free energy shouldn't Remoraid have lost some from Diving last round?)

and stop being so mean to me you guys T~T

Last edited:
((Back~~~~~))

Mike WHAT ARE YOU DOING you're gonna spill the tea with the Surfs D: D: D: You already made the tea salty and now...!

But yeah Cannon go go go~ Because you're slower, we can use that to our advantage and Psych Up so the Surfs won't do anything. And then Skull Bash that fish to pieces.

Psych Up ~ Surf ~ Surf

What?! Now he's SPILLING the salty tea?! Mike are you some kind of.. tea hater? I say lad, issues.

REBEL 7; ACTION!!

Crazy Linoone {OO}
137m.png

[Death Cannon] Porygon
<Download>
Item: Up-Grade
Health: 76%
Energy: 51%
{Attack +2}{SpAtk +1}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mikeh {OO}
223m.png

Remoraid (Male)
<Sniper>
Health: 45%
Energy: 48%
Status: Stop. Stop that. STOP THAT. YOU'RE INCESSANTLY ANNOYING. Gods almost worse than my trainer.
{Defence -2} {SpDef +4}

And so it seems tea-hater dong-lover Mikeh is maligned to the piper as he orders his fish with a side of suicide-run kill eet despite that it would hit damage cap before dying this turn. Silly Foxhog. Oh well, let's getiton~
First thing first, Remoraid zips his wave up back to the surface, smacking his face against Cannon on the way up. Cannon looks a look more than confused, as well as dazed; little bugger was really moving there. Nonetheless, it follows the zippy little fish fry up to the surface where both leap from the water to do unnecessarily flourishy jumps and get everyone all sorts of salty and wet. It seems Cannon had locked onto the fishy once more, and with what sounded like a dial-up connection moan, it flashes and reboots with a chime to install its new software changes.

<Remoraid ~ -4E>
<Cannon ~ -13HP / -2E>​

As the new round begins, the teacup begins to rumble rather worryingly; the clanging of porcelain ringing through the room. The cod at the bottom of the cup, who miraculously seem not-dead from the salty assault, panic and dart about. From the opposite end facing Mike's SaltFish, a wave begins to form; as he is pulled backwards to the crest and begins to wash across the arena as breakneck speeds. Ohshi- The competitors were smart enough to raise their platforms high into the sky. The ref... now smells of minty wet dog with salt, as the wave washes past forcefully and she catches a cod with her face, whom flops off in a panic and back down into the drink. If ever you can imagine a Riolu with a '-_-' face, now's the time. Though as to how she did not get washed off..
emot-iiam.gif

That was pretty owie for Cannon, too; but its newly downloaded sheen seems to have softened the blow significantly. It now responds by doing what it seems to do best.. Smashing stuff. Or.. bashing stuff.. ANYWAY. It lunges at Remoraid, who barely gets time for an 'Eep' before being smacked across the arena by a face full of Porygon forehead. This time without the tea to impede movement.. well, ouchies.

<Remoraid ~ -16HP / -4E>
<Cannon ~ -11HP / -5E>​

Before this round even begins, the Ref is finally smart enough to raise her floaty magic platform-a-majig above the range of any more sudden waves; because this round is a rinse and repeat. Cannon, however, has the same idea; rising upwards, it manages to lessen the full force of the wave a bit. Remoraid isn't so dodgy twitchy, unfortunately, and takes another full force virtual headbutt as Cannon dives downwards. Poor fish. That's what you get for salting tea.

<Remoraid ~ -16HP / -4E>
<Cannon ~ -9HP / -5E>​

Crazy Linoone {OO}
137m.png

[Death Cannon] Porygon
<Download>
Health: 43% -33%
Energy: 39% -12%
{Defence -2} {SpDef +4}

Mikeh {OO}
223m.png

Remoraid (Male)
<Sniper>
Health: 13% -32%
Energy: 36% -12
{Defence -2} {SpDef +4}

Arena Notes:
-A good portion of the tea has spilled out of the cup from the repeated surfing, lowering the liquid level and leaving one of the cod flopping about outside the cup. Also, everything is all wet and such. Good going Mike.

Ref notes:
- I assume those surf commands were mistypes, Linoonie~
- Mikeh's Surf rolled a 5 in action 3 (Grazing Blow) and suffered lowered damage.
- Cannon is still using a lot of energy to fire off insta-bashes.
- Linoonie goes first.

*headdesk* What. In the. *headdesk* Thank you, Dwagie~

This is what you get for spilling tea, Mike!

And since that fishy's almost dead.... Secret Power until it dies; if you can't hit it due to protects or whatever, Chill.

Secret Power/Chill ~ Secret Power/Chill ~ Secret Power/Chill

Well, you did good little fishie.
Spam Brine, partly to make this thing easier for the next guy out and partly to irritate these two >:c

Brine ~ Brine ~ Brine

Last edited:
Mike you muppet, seek anger management for sure. Ruining perfectly good tea here.. This tea could deliciously satisfy a large village! Now it's a salty mess. And its' all your fault, Mike.

REBEL 8; ACTION!!

Crazy Linoone {OO}
137m.png

[Death Cannon] Porygon
<Download>
Health: 43% -33%
Energy: 39% -12%
{Defence -2} {SpDef +4}

Mikeh {OO}
223m.png

Remoraid (Male)
<Sniper>
Health: 13% -32%
Energy: 36% -12
{Defence -2} {SpDef +4}

And so with tea-ruiner Mike on his last legs, he commands his masochistic fish to ruin the delicious mintiness with even MORE salt, and no doubt outright ruining everything for his next choice who has to be subjected to it. Cannon can only watch in horror as everything it believes in is shattered before its eyes, and with a retching of the deepest biles and brines of his and his trainer's collective souls, Remoraid sprays a hideously salty wave forcefully at his opponent. Cannon recoils and cringes and its washed over, excess salt fragments sticking and picking up the light in the room eerily, while more of it seeps into corrupted battle-worn files, causing Cannon to spark and shudder.
That will be more than enough of that. A quick google search of ancient arcane powers for dummies later, Cannon has a devious weapon on his side. Gathering the very essences of tea and the world around it - it begins to glow a deep sapphire blue. I CALL UPON THEE IN THE LAND OF THE DEAD; UNLEASH THY FURY OF TEA. INDIGNATION!! Can be heard as Cannon flashes blindingly before sending a beam of pure arcane power hurtling at Remoraid. It smacks into him forcefully, tossing him backwards straight into the teacup's side.

<Remoraid ~ -12HP / -4E>
<Cannon ~ -9HP / -4E>​

One more.. Remoraid thinks to himself as he weakly peels himself off the porcelain walls. Just one more... With another wretched spray, the round repeats itself; the tea saltier than ever.. so much so, that one of the cod at the bottom has just surfaced belly-up. Great, Mike, now you're a murderer too. Cod aren't saltwater fish!! I.. don't think so anyway. Either way these were specially adapted Tea-Cod, and you've murdered them. Monster.
Cannon doesn't like this one bit; Why, there's only one Death Cannon here and that's -ME-; and with another brilliant blue flash, Remoraid is once again flattened to the wall. He shrieks a fishy cry as the intense power of tea crushes his body, ravaging him before finially letting up to drop him into the drink belly-up himself. *Critical Hit* ((Ooooh RNG gods will you never cease to amaze me.))
With a pout, Mike recalls his fishy; his tea-ruining days have come to an end. But there's still one more on his side to go.. Who's run is it this time?

<Remoraid ~ -18HP / -4E>
<Cannon ~ -9HP / -4E>​

Crazy Linoone {OO}
137m.png

[Death Cannon] Porygon
<Download>
Health: 25% -18%
Energy: 31% -8%
{Defence -2} {SpDef +4}

Mikeh {XO}
223m.png

Remoraid (Male)
<Sniper>
<Fainted>

Arena Notes:
- The tea is now terribly salty and the Tea-Cod are starting to die off. Good going, Mike.

Ref notes:
- Cannon was SO close to a OHKO first turn, but rolled on the low end, JUST under. THEN rolled a Critical on the second turn. The RNG gods are fickle pricks.
- This tea is utterly ruined. Mike, you muppet.
- Mike sends out and attacks
- Linoonie attacks and hopefully kills Mike for his tea-murdering ways.

Good job Remoraid, didn't think you'd do so well there (albeit at the tea's expense). Go go Mareep (now called Aeris but whatever)

Just go with Thunderbolt for a nice quick KO, unless it Protects, in which case Charge instead.

Thunderbolt/Charge ~ Thunderbolt/Charge ~ Thunderbolt/Charge

Mike you ruined the tea D: D: D: D: D: D: How could you! And are you trying to fry the poor tea cods now?! D: D: D: I thought you were a good guy!

Deathy Deathy Death Cannon, it's time to fire up the big guns and deal some delicious damage before Mike can ruin the tea more. Since your Sp. Def is awesome right now, the thunderbolts shouldn't kill you this round unless the RNG gods decide that they don't like tea anymore which then there's nothing we can do. So. Wait until you get hit by the first Thunderbolt, then use keep on using Conversion 2 until you succeed because you're awesome and you can. After that, Chill, and if you still have an action after that, Recover. Meanwhile, if you want, laugh at the Mareep while it slowly sinks to the bottom of the cup.

Conversion 2 ~ Conversion 2/Chill ~ Conversion 2/Chill/Recover

...Ahem, oh what's this, who left this tea laying around I had better fix it up..... <<;
I'm a terrible ref I can't believe I haven't been booted by now D: I need to finish this uuup.

REBEL 9; ACTION!!

Crazy Linoone {OO}
137m.png

[Death Cannon] Porygon
<Download>
Health: 25%
Energy: 31%
{Defence -2} {SpDef +4}

Mikeh {XO}
mareep
Aeris (Female)
<Static>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

With the battle wearing thin and seeming to take an absurd amount of time (Of course, it's probably Mike's fault, it's ALWAYS Mike's fault), the foxhog makes his choice. With his honour on the line and overwhelming odds, what will he pull out? A fierce shark? A gigantic whale? Well.. not quite, as the flash of light from his Pokéball fades into the minuscule form of a small sheep. Why so Welsh, Mikey?
With a meeping bleet and some flailing sparks, the charged critter plops down into the warm drink, bobbing around with a look of murder in her eyes. I suppose this round can get under way?...

Cannon seems pretty blatantly unphased, these puny meatbags did little but get on its nerves; but alas, Cannon was on its last legs, and if it wanted to maintain its dignity, it had to do.. well... something, and it knew what, too.
Meanwhile, the small puffball was paddling and bobbing around rather helplessly... And for that matter, her wool was getting saturated by tea rather fast, she probably wasn't going to be floating for long. Well this was just great, thanks Mike. And that bloody floaty computery dinger wasn't helping either, was it mocking her? She growled, the least she could do is fry the thing's hard drive or something.
Aeris' static charged wool begins to crackle as it rustles against itself, building up a charge something major. Cannon bobbed from side to side cautiously - that looks like way more energy than a little sheep should be able to generate...
And then, with a deafening crack, an arc of electricity shoots towards cannon - a misty explosion surrounding Aeris as the powerful bolt's energy leapt around her. There's no time to react - Cannon is struck dead in the face by the blinding bolt, and it proceeds to tear right through, compromising system files, fusing circuits, and causing all over problems and overloads. The attack lasts only moments, but Cannon wouldn't have been sure of that, as it drifts down lazily into the tea, still sparking and starting to quiver and errors overtook its damaged systems. *Critical Hit*

<Aeris ~ -5E>
<Cannon ~ -18HP>​

Now that's the stuff~ Looking smug, Aeris fires up her wool again - Cannon wasn't going to be moving again any time soon - and with a final crack, the bolt of vicious electricity tears into Cannon, who's powerless against it.
This time however, there's no reaction - and cannon floats motionlessly in the gently rippled tea, eyes devoid of life... or, MORE devoid. The referee's platform carefully drifts down - gods know that thing's liable to explode in her face - but there's nothing, it looks like Cannon has shut down completely. With a raise of her flag, Death Cannon is declared knocked out.

<Aeris ~ -5E>
<Cannon ~ -9HP>​

Crazy Linoone {XO}
137m.png

[Death Cannon] Porygon
<Download>
<Fainted>

Mikeh {XO}
mareep
Aeris (Female)
<Static>
Energy: 90%

Arena Notes:
- Mike has probably fried all the fishies after that little fireworks show. Good going Mike. >:l

Ref notes:
- You know that thing about the RNG gods? Well Mike rolled two 97's in a row for his first Thunderbolt. It gave him a critical AND a paralysis; followed by a defensive role of 13, failing to avoid full paralysis. I am... truly blown away. Sorry Linoonie. D:
- So Linoonie shall send out and attack first. The final two at full health.. it's anybodies game still, cheap or not.

Mike the tea-cod THE TEA-COD DDDD:

And what is this I thought the RNG gods like tea.

Oh well. I'll send out, uh... Spazz the Rotom in LOLMOWER form because.

Confuse Ray till it works, unless the thing protects/detects, which then Chill, or if the thing has a Substitute up, which then spam Shadow Ball. After Confuse Ray worked, spam Shadow Ball. And since you're a ball of plasma and therefore do not need to breathe, feel free to follow the mareep and dive into the tea if the sheep sinks.

Confuse Ray/nutting/Shadow Ball ~ Confuse Ray/Chill/Shadow Ball ~ Confuse Ray/Chill/Shadow Ball

Aeris, right after this is over I'm sacrificing you to the RNG Gods.

Bah, curse that tricksy Linooney and her lolmowers. Looks like putting up a Substitute should at least stop Spazz from using Confuse Ray, looking at its commands, so start with a medium one to soak up some Shadow Ball abuse and then put up a Safeguard to stop it trying again. And because I'm so evil, throw in a Thunder Wave too.

Substitute (15%) ~Safeguard ~ Thunder Wave

REBEL 10; ACTION!!

Crazy Linoone {XO}
479-mow.png

Spazz
<Levitate>
Energy: 100%
Status: Mai lolmower goes twhockatwhockatwhockatwhockatwhocka

Mikeh {XO}
mareep
Aeris (Female)
<Static>
Energy: 90%

And so, after an incredible spurt of RNG god fury for indeterminable reasons (They're just pricks, TBH), Linoonie is set to choose her final tea avenger to put an end to the scourge known as Mike the Foxhog. And so appears.... a lawnmower? Linoonie, how will that help, you cannot mow tea, that's silly, and- oh, wait...
Ahem, and so here it is; the final struggle for tea-ey justice or calamity; zapsheep versus lolmower. Welp.

And so Spazz takes a moment to get its bearings... it doesn't have to rush, much, as the slowbie of a sheep splashes about, still sinking into the not-so-delicious-any-more salty tea which also tastes of dead fish. Spazz looks highly unamused; this is the great tea scourge's best effort? Floating over nonchalantly, Spazz gets face-to-face with the little beastie... or as well as one can to such a spazzy flailey thing, and with a smirk.... Holy CRAP, Did its face just explode?!
...Well, to Aeris it did, to the rest of us it appeared to be a blinding flash of seizure worthy flashing colours. With a terrified bleet, she does a backflip in the tea and finally submerges, panicking her tail off. Fortunately for her, it seems a magic tea-air-bubble immediately appeared around her head to prevent any drowning incidents (Do you know how hard those are to write off to ASB Central?), but she didn't -realise- this as her vision swam with an array of colours and exploding faces. Flailing and bleeting uselessly, she flails all about, apparently intent that she's drowning, until.... *Thwonk* ...Her head smacks into the wall of the cup. Well... as least that calmed her down?

<Aeris ~ -3HP >
<Spazz ~ -2E>​

With it's trademark slasher-smile, Spazz gives itself a moment to bathe in the absolute pity which is a sinking Mareep flailing under-salty-tea-flavoured-with-dead-fish. (Well that's a mouthfull) With an echoing cackle, it descends into the salty depths to floats calmly next to its victim; whom is still less than responsive, in the sane sense anyway. This is just far too easy~
What makes it even better is the angry spirits populating this arena.. yes, there is much anger here; just what Spazz needs. Calling upon the souls of the deceased tea cod, their righteous tea fury congealed into a murky spirit-ball, it flings the blob right into Aeris' face. A gurgling bleet later and it seems that was just what she needed to come to.. though not before a bit more flailing as the terrible cries of the dead washed over her face, screaming incoherent things about salt and lightning and whatnot. The thing is, she didn't seem to actually SEE where her attacker was yet; vision still swimming, now with coloured lights AND dead fish, but.. at least she wasn't drowning. Still, for lack of something better to do than defend herself, she began to glow as a protective aura washed over, coating her with a mystic force and assuring if nothing else the angry fish wouldn't.. burn her or something.

<Aeris ~ -13HP / -3E >
<Spazz ~ -5E>​

Spazz's expression is that of extreme exasperation by now; this critter isn't even putting up a fight, it just.. lights up occasionally. Can't I just like... lolmow all its wool off, for the lulz?
But, the ever unfortunate trainer commands factor comes into play... bah, come fishies, and etcetera, let's get this over with.
And so, Spazz calls the souls of the angry fishies back - they're still nattering about salt and lightning, what is this. Spazz flicks the shadowy blob mockingly with an energy tendril, and Aeris once more receives a face full of fish. Flail, Bleet, Etcetera.
Okay, that's enough - Aeris' wool starts to spark, rather dangerously looking under-tea for that matter. Spazz keeps a face straight as ever, though. Electricity? What could she be expecting to do with that, lrn2typematch mirite?-
Well, turns out not quite - damage wasn't her intention, as a wave of arcing electricity shoots itself in an omnidirectional fashion. Spazz is swept over, and starts to convulse, the weak pulse sending its senses into overload and locking them down, causing the once cocky lolmower to drift downwards with a grimace on its face.

<Aeris ~ -13HP / -3E >
<Spazz ~ -5E>​

Crazy Linoone {XO}
479-mow.png

Spazz
<Levitate>
Energy: 88% -12
Status: Cheeky little zapsheep... Lemme sheer her, come on-
*Paralysed ~ Moderate*

Mikeh {XO}
mareep
Aeris (Female)
<Static>
Health: 71% -29
Energy: 84% -6
*Confused ~ Mild* *Safeguard Active ~ 4 More Actions*

Arena Notes:
- The fishies are dead, and angry.
...Yeah.

Ref notes:
- Aeris thwapped herself in confusion first turn, lowered her confusion severity a bit.
- All status rolls were low-end, and so each effect started at Moderate.
- Mike's up. The evil tea scourge. Rarararara *Boo Hiss*[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Yeah, checking my opponent's speed before attacking would help. Um.
Well, that round was pretty damning, so no instant leap to Ampharos for you. Might as well put up a fuss before we go down, though~

Start off with a Swagger to return that nasty confusion. Then use two Thunderbolts. If he has clones (or protects i guess even though it means energy wastage), use Discharge and shift everything up an action.

Swagger/Discharge ~ Thunderbolt/Swagger/Discharge ~ Thunderbolt/Discharge

Last edited:
WELL Since we (hopefully) are still faster an all, start with a Substutite (15%) to escape from that annoying Swagger (how can a half-drowning sheep Swagger anyway?). After that, spam Shadow Ball because you can.

If you're unable to attack due to confusion or paralysis or... something, just Chillax for a bit.

Substitute/Chill ~ Shadow Ball/Chill ~ Shadow Ball/Chill

REBEL 11; ACTION!!

Crazy Linoone {XO}
479-mow.png

Spazz
<Levitate>
Energy: 88% -12
Status: Cheeky little zapsheep... Lemme sheer her, come on-
*Paralysed ~ Moderate*

Mikeh {XO}
mareep
Aeris (Female)
<Static>
Health: 71% -29
Energy: 84% -6
*Confused ~ Mild* *Safeguard Active ~ 4 More Actions*

Well, as it happens, Spazz is quite a bit faster than the ref at hand (Gee how much can she play up her incompetence in a single match?) - unfortunately, it isn't faster than even a half-drowned Zapsheep, struggling to get its rotors back up and running.
And then Spazz was the demons.
......Ahem, rather, Aeris it seems has decided it may be the best course of action to stop drowning for a moment in order to put on her best swag - a cheeky grin crossing her face and an underwater strut that.... well, it was pretty much waving her stubby little forelegs back and forth, spinning her about back and forth undertea. But it was so mockingly. Like she had anything to be proud of, a winner is not her!
Well, Spazz is pretty steamed - even unreasonably so, and frankly wanted to smack that sheep up something major... But that just wasn't going to cut it. Letting that little bleeter get to it? Not a chance. Spazz would just have to cool off for a bit. In the mean time, sheepo can play with some dolls and leave it alone. Of course.. There wasn't much as far as distractions, unless Aeris was unusually morbid to play with fish corpses - but hey, not a problem for an ethereal lolmower right? Starting to temper with the space in front of it, Spazz quickly works up a hallucinogenic copy of itself... except... in stuffed-toy form. Kinda creepy, really. The only problem was that it took quite a lot from Spazz, and it was feeling a bit worn lending its energy away like that; but it would do its job, as it proceeded to drift forward and in front of Aeris with an unblinking, constantly smiling creepiness.

<Aeris ~ -4E>
<Spazz ~ -15HP / -7E>​

Well, that didn't work quite the way Aeris expected it to. Bloody RNG gods. Now she was just in a staring contest with a stuffed toy... it was really.... uuuh....
Well, who really cares what it was, it just needed to go. Her wool bristling back up with all the electrical charge she could gather (Which.. unfortunately, was about -all- she could really do. The movepool gods are rather fickle, themselves.) she released a far more direct bolt straight into the creepy, stuffed doppelganger with a loud Crack.
...'Fcourse, noone could have expected that to do too much; the Spazz-doll infused with its electrical essence crackling and popping a bit overloaded, but discharging much of the energy harmlessly. What she -did- manage to do, however, is startle Spazz out of a somewhat confused stupor. Why, he was just contemplating ways of sautéing lamb! Angrily, and not even bothering to form up a proper shadow 'ball', Spazz extends an ethereal extremity and grabs a ghost-cod by the tail, hurling to straight at the distracted sheep. Still staring down the horrible puppet of her opponent, she had next to no time to react as it suddenly darted to the side to reveal the screeching cod streaking straight for her. With a puff of ghostly energy, the spirit-fish shot into and straight through her, chilling her to the bone and jumbling her insides rather awfully. And everything suddenly tasted of fish, too. Screeching and flailing, Spazz seems more than satisfied. *Critical Hit*

<Aeris ~ -18HP / -6E >
<Spazz ~ -4E>​

Without a second thought, doppelspazz is straight back in place, floating in front of the winded Aeris - whom is limply drifting further downwards at the moment. You can bet she's had more than enough of this - that damned doll, just... there... grinning... all the time, (Well, okay, like a minute-minute and a half) It was enough to drive a sheep insane. She didn't even try to sheep-paddle back up - it didn't matter, it would be right there. She didn't even have to lift her head back up; and with another electrical crack, Spazz's substitute lights up once more under the cup. Yet, it's still hanging onto this plane of existence; though it's flickering and crackling suggest its just about been overloaded. Still, Aeris is feeling rather defeated by now.
Spazz, of course, is feeling quite the opposite, particularly with the RNG gods feeling rather spiteful towards sheep at the current. Cackling, it latches onto another fishie and lobs it down Aeris' way - this time just smacking her in the back of the head, and sending her spinning into a rather amusing belly-up position.

<Aeris ~ -12HP / -6E >
<Spazz ~ -4E>​

Crazy Linoone {XO}
479-mow.png

Spazz
<Levitate>
Health: 85% -15
Energy: 73% -15
{Attack +2}
*Paralysed ~ Moderate* *Confused ~ Heavy*
*Substitute ~ 3%*

Mikeh {XO}
mareep
Aeris (Female)
<Static>
Health: 41% -30
Energy: 68% -16
*Confused ~ Mild* *Safeguard Active ~ 1 More Actions*

Arena Notes:
- The fishies are deader, and angrier.
...Yeah.

Ref notes:
- Writer's block of the century hnrrrrr
- The RNG gods prove themselves jerks once again, with not a single confusion/paralysis lock and a critical Shadow Ball.
- Seriously, writers block something major, this took ages hngggg, correct all the stupid mistakes I'm sure are there.
- Linoonie go~

Mike, the RNG gods like tea more than they like you.

Spazz, I just realized that you have +2 Attack. Time to FIRE SOME LAZORS i mean --

Spam Facade until the sheep dies. If you paralysis fades, switch to Astonish because flinching is fun. If you can't hit the sheep somehow due to Protect, clones, status conditions, and whatnot, just Chill.

Facade/Chill/Astonish ~ Facade/Chill/Astonish ~ Facade/Chill/Astonish

What are you talking about nobody likes me D:

Well let's get this over with so I can start up some battles I can actually win for a change. Reflect first of all, then spam Signal Beam. Shift everything up an action if you manage to hit yourself first time.

Reflect/Signal Beam ~ Reflect/Signal Beam ~ Signal Beam

"Ahem."
The sound of a voice from the referee's position nearly gives the Pokemon in the oversized ceramic cup a heart attack, having last heard something from there five months ago. The new overseer for the battle gives them a few moments to recall their trainers' orders, and after disposing of the old referee's decrepit corpse, gives the signal to resume their mayhem.

Crazy Linoone [XO]
Spazz (X) <Levitate>
479-mow.png

HP: 85%
Energy: 73%
Status: Giggling as he recalls his opponent's state. Paralyzed (Moderate), Confused (Severe), +2 Attack, has a substitute (3% HP remaining)
Facade/Chill/Astonish ~ Facade/Chill/Astonish ~ Facade/Chill/Astonish

Mike the Foxhog [XO]
Aeris (F) <Static>
Mareep
HP: 41%
Energy: 68%
Status: Still not bothering to get back on her feet. Confused (mild), safeguarded (1 more action)
Reflect/Signal Beam ~ Reflect/Signal Beam ~ Signal Beam

-BEGIN ROUND 12-

Spazz takes the initiative to start things up, getting ready to charge forward into an all-out ass whooping for the yellow lamb ahead of it. While it may make an honest attempt, it is cut short when some crucial part if its ethereal body seizes up in a way that most cars won't. Despite its natural affinity for electricity, the paralysis is too great for the orange lawnmower gremlin to overcome, so it tries to relax and allow himself to calm down. Unfortunately, it was already very excited to finish off a certain opponent, so it has a bit of difficulty doing this. By the time it's managed to even come down from the adrenaline rush of the beginning of its failed Facade, Aeris is already back on her feet. Or at least not belly up in the tea anymore. The yellow lamb Pokemon lifts her tail out of the tea and, after shaking a bit of tea off of it, makes the bulb on its end glow a bright yellow. Via some strange abuse of the laws of physics, this causes a shimmering, translucent gold barrier to form between the two combatants that extends all the way to the bottom of the cup. As this barrier forms, the veil of light that previously protected Aeris from status problems fades to nothingness.

[Spazz- HP: 85%, PP: 72%, Sub at 3%] [Aeris- HP: 41%, PP: 64%]​

This new obstruction does not phase Spazz in the slightest, and it attempts to go full-force at its opponent much like before. Also like before, some part of his ectoplasmic being is decidedly against all forms of work, albeit in a distinctly different area this time. Aeris takes advantage of the Rotom's inability to do a thing and fires of a multicolored beam of light from her tail bulb that, to someone less familiar with Pokemon, could easily be mistaken for a very long series of neon lights roping around each other. The beam sails right through the golden barrier and arcs right toward the floating ethereal lawnmower with nearly perfect precision, at least until a miniaturized version of its intended target sweeps in the way to take the hit, disintegrating as it does so.

[Spazz- HP: 85%, PP: 72%, Sub is dead] [Aeris- HP: 41%, PP: 57%]​

Aeris mutters a foul word or two in relief to be rid of the pesky substitute as she raises her tail to prepare a second Signal Beam. She is cut short when Spazz rams her head on, at an admittedly reduced pace, and pummels her into the side of the cup with such fury that she was worried that a single misplaced swipe of its bolt-shaped appendage might shatter the cup (an admittedly unnecessary fear- nothing could possibly shatter the cup with a reflect-reduced Facade, but she worried about it anyway). Once the Rotom's seemingly endless onslaught ends, it floats back to its own end of the barrier, eerily satisfied with itself for such brutality.

Aeris takes a moment to recover from the shock of the sudden attack, thinking such things as "was that what he was trying to do those first few times?" and "holy shit I can't believe I survived that." Once she's regained her composure, the static-charged sheep prepares a Signal Beam again, this time without interruption. The neon beam hits Spazz spot on, although it doesn't seem to do nearly as much as she'd expected.

Crazy Linoone [XO]
Spazz (X) <Levitate>
479-mow.png

HP: 81%
Energy: 66%
Status: Very pleased with itself. Paralyzed (slight), Confused (Severe), +2 Attack

Mike the Foxhog [XO]
Aeris (F) <Static>
Mareep
HP: 35%
Energy: 50%
Status: In awe at the sheer brutality that Spazz is capable of. Reflect in effect (2% upkeep, 2 more rounds)

Round notes:
-Spazz was fully paralyzed on the first two actions.
-Aeris snapped out of confusion on the first action, and her Safeguard wore out after the first action.
-Spazz's substitute was destroyed on the second action.
-Spazz's attack boost was enough to cancel out the Reflect damage reduction.

Terrain notes:
-Some of the tea has spilled out of the cup since the beginning of the match.
-The tea cod are rather more dead than at the beginning of the match.

Other:
-Mike the Foxhog attacks first.
-If you notice anything wrong with this, let me know; I haven't reffed in ages.

Screw it Signal beam is working alright plus we're dying anyway so pfft.
Do a 20% substitute first. And set up a Double Team for as many clones as you can if it Protects for some reason.

Substitute (20%) ~ Signal Beam/Double Team ~ Signal Beam/Double Team

(oh and thanks for picking this up Walker :D)

Last edited:
Facade Spam!

Actually, because we're evil, Snatch that Substitute first. Then Facade Spam. As usual, try to Chill if you don't think you can attack due to whatever.

Snatch/Chill ~ Facade/Chill ~ Facade/Chill

Back
Top Bottom