• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Crystal Gym Leader Tournament (ROUND 3 ENDS AUGUST 20TH)

Re: Crystal Gym Leader Tournament (ROUND 1 ENDS JULY 27TH)

Can eliminated players set up Gyms now, or should we all wait? (probably won't make a difference to me, but I'm asking anyways)

Nothing regarding an order has been decided yet so I'm leaning towards no. Also, since we've all completed our battles, we can go ahead with round two (hintpokehintphoenixsonghintpoke)

Sorry for the delay; something came up and I kind of had to stop checking in for a few days without warning.

Anyway, I appreciate you guys getting this done so quickly this must be a first or something. Vixie, I did get that PM opal sent me on your conversation about fixing up the format; I will do so shortly, probably in the morning, but I can't think straight right now. Expect the pairings and whatnot for round two sometime tomorrow/later today/ugh why am I awake.

Re: Crystal Gym Leader Tournament (ROUND 2 ENDS AUGUST 4TH)

Okay. As I said earlier, there's going to be a change in this tournament's format. Namely, rather than ranking you based on pokémon defeated, the losers of round one will be playing additional rounds against one another to determine position. That essentially breaks it down like this:

Tournament winner & runner up: Tier 3
Losers of Round 3A and winner of round 3B: Tier 2
Losers of Round 2B and Round 3B: Tier 1

leaving us with three leaders each in the lower two tiers and two in the last, which will do until I can find a ninth. The pairings are as follows:

Round 2A Pairings:

moon-panther vs Full Metal Cookies
Zora of Termina vs Vixie

Round 2B Pairings:

SonicNintendo vs Mewtwo
Blackthorne Steele vs Arylett Dawnsborough

This round will end on August 4th, though again, sooner is better.

Additionally, and I apologize for this because it's my fault for forgetting, there are some clauses that should be followed during the tournament: evasion clause (no double team/minimize, etc.), sleep clause (no more than one pokémon on a team can be asleep at once except due to rest), species clause (no duplicate pokémon) and OHKO clause (no OHKO moves). If you or your opponent broke one of these clauses in the first round, don't worry about it; again, my fault, not yours. You should adhere to them from this point on, however, and will be disqualified if someone can prove that you did break them.

Remember to try and finish up by the fourth, and good luck!

Lost 0-6. >>
Second tier is better than nothing.

I won against moon-panther, 1-0. Pretty close O: NU/UU Pokemon can be pretty awesome if you use them right.

Beat Blackthorne Steele, 4-0.

I fixed it! Sorry. Numbers confuse me.

Last edited:

^Wasn't it 4-0?

Well, either way, Arylett killed me. And now I'll hate Vaporeons for uh.... a few millenia or so.

Aww Arylett has one too =(

But anyways, just letting you know I'll be gone August 2nd-6th for camp.

Confirming my defeat by FMC. It was a good match.

I lost to SonicNintendo 0-2

Meh, I'm out of the tourny *sobs uncontrollably*

Well, it was a draw first, so we had a rematch.

Last edited:

confirming mewtwo's statement.
i won (surprisingly. not expecting rhyperior to pull through.) after a draw, the score being 0-0, 2-0.

i'll be away all this week with terribly unstable wifi. if there are any new matches involving me, i wont know about it until the 1st. please take this into account. thanks.

He used Flare Blitz (I think it was) which wiped out the rest of his HP.

Mewtwo's right. I forgot to take into account a possible KO and used Flare Blitz, which was the most powerful and most accurate for Blaziken. I was left with 8HP and then we're all both KO'd and stuff.

The one thing I love about a tie is that you learn what to expect, which is arguably how i won.

i'm not kratos, but i'd think it's the same rules as an explosion/self-destruct tie.

I told him we should consult Kratos, but he said we should have a rematch.

So we did.

i didnt really hear you when/if you said to ask kratos, so I apologize for that.
i figured kratos wouldve said the same thing.

I had said "We should consult Kratos..." and then you said "We should have a rematch!" so...

Back
Top Bottom