• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

I like Flygon's design.

I don't know much about Flygon competitively, I remember that in 3rd and 4th gen he was just a weaker 'Mence, but that could have changed.

Last time I went through Emerald I think I caught one... I remember Trapinch is horrible to train.

Yay, Flygon! Seeing as Bug is one of my favorite types, it's always nice to see an awesome dragon that looks like a Bug!

I love Flygon! It's my favorite dragon-type. I don't know too much about competitive battling, but it certainly gets the job done in-game. Its design is cool and adorable at the same time, and it's one of the few dragon-types whose wings don't look incredibly awkward, in my opinion.

Today's Pokemon shall be

Joltik

Joltik

Joltik, I love this bug. Say, isn't Joltik the smallest Pokemon. (In the anime, he was mistaken to be Oshawatt's Scal Chop. lol. Then he fried Oshawatt with that Thunnderbolt. Now that was funny)

Umm, you didn't see my Joltik. Well, that kinda isn't surprising. Jolty is small. (or was I ninja'ed) Drats. So, which Pokemon shall it be? Vanillux or Joltik?

I vouch for today being Joltik. Its one of the only bug types I actually love. Especially since he is a tick and half-electric type. It was quite funny when Oshawatt picked up that one Joltik and attached it to its stomach, mistaking the Joltik for a Scal Chop and then being shocked for it.

Heh. I switched my forum theme to the Joltik one for today.

Now Joltik itself is brilliant but it can only truely shine with compoundeyes. Near perfect accuracy thunder? Want!

Actually, it's helpful that Joltik's less useful ability is made apparent right away in battle, makes it easier to get compoundeyes.

lol. So it shall be Joltik today. Vanillux can be tomorrow. (I am not hungry for Ice Cream right now)

I love that bug. It is also one of the very few bugs I like as well. My other two fav. bugs are Ariados and Scyther.

Clearly one of the main gen v Pokemon I was anticipating.

Prolly the cutest bug Pokemon ever, or in the least tied with larvesta. I also enjoy its typing and build, it makes for a grand shock, pun intended, towards the opponent, and it's mivepool isn't lacking either. Overall, a great first stage bug, one of the things that gen v did right.

So, I am guessing today I should state the Daily Pokemon.

Well, as CJ promised, I guess we will go with Vanilluxe

Vanilluxe

Indeed, well, I didn't entirely promise, but I guess today shall be Vanilluxe.

Yay, its an Ice Cream cone with a double sundae on top. Its a rather interesting design I must say.

I hated Vanilluxe when it first came out. I still don't like it now, although I can tolerate it.

And it's not some "BLUH BLUH IT'S ICE CREAM WHAT THE FUCK" bullshit because the fact that it's an ice cream Pokémon doesn't stand out for me as much as it seems to for other people.

I think I dislike it because it's, like, just ice cream. It's some floating ice cream with faces on it and... What else? Pokémon designs do tend to be simple, but even then, they don't tend to be just one thing, specially not just one random object with a face (or two) stuck on it. There's very little about it that's any interesting, if anything whatsoever.

Ice cream. With a straw in it. Looking like food is stupid unless you want to possess someone. Which isn't very likely in Vanilluxe's case.

As for Joltik, it's... fluffy, and actually sort of cute. There are two fluffy Bug lines in Unova. Looks like a quartet with Spinarak and Venonat.

Vanilluxe is awesome

It has the highest (non-legend) base stat total of all Ice-types, tied with Lapras

I'd be nice if it learned more non-Ice/Normal offensive moves, though. It'd be hard-pressed to fend off a Jellicent.

Back
Top Bottom