• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you think the Anime sucks now?

Answering thread title question: Nope! Still lovin' anime. especially FMA, DBZ, Shuffle!, High School of the Dead, Deathnote, Ghost in the shell, among others. :3

Answering thread title question: Nope! Still lovin' anime. especially FMA, DBZ, Shuffle!, High School of the Dead, Deathnote, Ghost in the shell, among others. :3

I don't believe you understood the context of the the thread and it's location.

Oh shi- You're right! I thought he meant anime in general! My mistake! Looking more closely now, yes, yes it does. ;P

Oh shi- You're right! I thought She meant anime in general! My mistake! Looking more closely now, yes, yes it does. ;P

I am female, not a male. "-_-

And when i say THE anime, i mean the Pokemon Anime. =D

The anime is terrible now because of a major reason: TOO MANY FILLERS. I'm remembering the old anime had a very fast pace to it, and then in D/P there was a 30 episode gap between two certain Gymleaders.

The anime is terrible now because of a major reason: TOO MANY FILLERS. I'm remembering the old anime had a very fast pace to it, and then in D/P there was a 30 episode gap between two certain Gymleaders.
Yeah, the anime had very little filler up until Ash beat Lt Surge and they learned they now had to stretch this out longer. And then Johto happened and there was frequently 30 episodes between badges. And that pacing's kept up, mostly, except they do arcs and subplots more often these days. Get used to it.

I remeber when ash would just jump right into a gym battle, like the episode where he first met blaine, later that episode, he's fighting the gym..

I saw a DP epsiode out of sheer boredom, and i saw him and his pokemon doing streches.

WTF!

I am female, not a male. "-_-

And when i say THE anime, i mean the Pokemon Anime. =D

I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the Preferred Pronoun. D: I'll take a note of that!

In response to Poke-Stretching...Rule #7 Limber Up

You are complaining about D/P fillers? Do you have any idea how awful Johto fillers were? Here's a hint: every flipping episode was Satoshi-tachi meet CotD, Satoshi-tachi try to help CotD with *insert problem here*, TRio shows up to steal Pokémon and get blasted off. Rinse and repeat.

You know what we had in Shinnoh? Training episodes, multiple rivals, a main rival who showed up more than three times, charcter development, story arcs, you know, good stuff. Yes, there was some fluff because the writers have to fill up 200+ episode, God dammit, but it wasn't all traditional filler.

Also, Claydoll Big and Tall and Where No Togipi Has Gone Before. That is all.

I remeber when ash would just jump right into a gym battle, like the episode where he first met blaine, later that episode, he's fighting the gym..

I saw a DP epsiode out of sheer boredom, and i saw him and his pokemon doing streches.

WTF!

Also on the stretching topic; watch the Best Wishes episode, Facing Fear with Eyes Wide Open.

You are complaining about D/P fillers? Do you have any idea how awful Johto fillers were? Here's a hint: every flipping episode was Satoshi-tachi meet CotD, Satoshi-tachi try to help CotD with *insert problem here*, TRio shows up to steal Pokémon and get blasted off. Rinse and repeat.

Yeah Johto was why I gave up on the anime, a really long time ago...

Wow who would have thought that as people grow older their tastes change? I definitely did NOT!

Do you guys know what a target market is? You think maybe the pokemon anime isn't made to be dissected by an audience they aren't trying to reach anyways? What a revolutionary concept. Maybe they aren't trying to develop sexual tension between the female and male leads. Maybe they are trying to convey themes of:

'finding your place in the world'

'be nice to people and they will be nice to you' (I STILL need to learn this one)

'Stand up for yourself'

'Be loyal to your friends'

Maybe, just MAYBE.

My niece watches the show and she loves it. Then again, she loves sesame street and names that end in 'y' so that should tell you her tastes. Which funnily enough, now that I write it down, seem to be the same as mine.

tl;dr is if you don't like a show, don't watch it. But don't ruin it for those who do by trying to fill it with personal preferences.

Last edited:
Wow who would have thought that as people grow older their tastes change? I definitely did NOT!

Do you guys know what a target market is? You think maybe the pokemon anime isn't made to be dissected by an audience they aren't trying to reach anyways? What a revolutionary concept. Maybe they aren't trying to develop sexual tension between the female and male leads. Maybe they are trying to convey themes of:

'be nice to people and they will be nice to you' (I STILL need to learn this one)

'Stand up for yourself'

Maybe, just MAYBE.

My niece watches the show and she loves it. Then again, she loves sesame street and names that end in 'y' so that should tell you her tastes. Which funnily enough, now that I write it down, seem to be the same as mine.

tl;dr is if you don't like a show, don't watch it. But don't ruin it for those who do by trying to fill it with personal preferences.

Yeah I agree I only watch the oldies when I can because of nostalgia of course.

But still...

Ash could be a little less stupid. I found him to be stupid even when I was a teenager.

'Stand up for yourself'

Maybe, just MAYBE.

You, my freind, are a genius. Common sense has been used, this post effective elminates the use of complaining about the anime if your age is not 8-11. <- Ages not likely possible here, thus this thread shall no longer have complaints.

Uh, I still thought it was stupid when I was in the target audience. Kids can recognise when they're being patronised.

While you may think you are being patronized, other children have a multitude of emotions and responses to the anime that can't be summarized in the sentence, "Kids can realize when they are being patronized."

I guarantee you that the people that produce the pokemon anime, have a much larger subject pool to draw from than you do, and can make decisions in the show based on that. Rather than individually saying, "A couple kids I know that watch the show, hate it, thats why they watch it," producers have a lot more resources and a subject pool large enough that bias is negligible. Honestly if you still actively watch the anime, then follow that up by saying why it sucks, makes you a masochist of some degree.

Also, if you can find current reasons why the show is bad. You must still be watching it, and that means they are doing something right.

I'll try to answer a common question in this thread.

Q:Why does Ash act like a derp, action? TEACH ME!

A: You may be an expert on pokemon, but it is unlikely that everyone is. When Ash questions the pokemon world, this allows the writers to talk through the character answering the question, explaining it to the audience. That way, any individual can walk away after watching a pokemon episode and accurately summarize what happened in it.

Last edited:
Kanto: It was alright. The originals were great

Orange Islands: Trevor was great as a replacement for Brock, but stil it wasn't great.

Johto: New Pokemon added. A great series.

Hoenn: A great series for sure. A great plot line and awesome new Pokemon (Man, I miss Max and May and May's Combuskan)

Battle Frontier: Awesome.

Sinnoh: Pathetic and Lame. Team Rocket was even more pathetic than they ever were. Still Paul was great as Ash's Rival.

Unova: Great. A whole new bunch of new Pokemon and a nice storyline. Still in progress too. Team Rocket has gained a superload of knowledge and are not the bumbling bunch of fools they have been in previous animes.

So there is my opinion. I think Black and White is going great.

Back
Top Bottom