• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Does anyone still play Nintendo 64?

Er, bigger game size = more room to be quality. I should think that is beyond obvious.

Big meaning how much space it takes up.
Bigger game size=more room to have quantity.

Big meaning game length.
Doesn't necessarily mean it's a good game.

Oh another reason I like the N64 is because the control stick is in the middle of the controller. All other controllers, excluding the Wii remote, has the stick on the left because that's most convenient for right handed people. The N64 controller, even though the D-pad is on the left like all the others, the control stick in the middle makes it easy for both handednesses. Although the buttons being on the right still creates the same problem.

I love you Murkrow, please marry me.
*Is flattered*

I started with N64, but only 4 games: Diddy Kong Racing, Super Mario 64, Pokemon Puzzle League, and Mario Kart 64.

I also have OoT on Virtual Console in my Wii, if that counts. :3

You're saying most people think graphics > quality?

I never said that...

If anything I meant some (not all) people think graphics=quality

Most of the some are designers.

Last edited:
I've decided when I have money, I'm gonna buy an N64 from eBay. They're only a few quid, and the games on there rule, so I'm gonna go for it ^^

I'd do that too if my dad ever let me buy electronic stuff off the internet.

I bet I'm never going to get one. :(

I do not think graphics make or break a game, but to say aesthetics don't play a huge role in immersion is ridiculous.

I actually only got mine like two and a half years ago. I love it, though. Still haven't gotten all the stars in Super Mario 64, but I'm CLOSE DAMMIT.

Would if I had one.
Infact, I've never had one.
I only played my friends N64 like once 5 years ago. :T

I have a 7-year old N64.

It's like, the best console ever. Pokemon Stadium, original Smash Bros, Paper Mario, Kirby 64, Bomberman, it's all very fun and nostalgic. :D

Also, I love cartridges just because they last longer, don't get damaged as easily, and don't require their boxes. Likewise, I prefer VCR tapes to DVD disks, but I acknowledge the advantages of disks... they're cheaper, easier to make, can hold more information, etc.

Don't think I dislike modern consoles, though. I wub my Gamecube and Wii. It's just that the Nintendo 64 has something very special for me. I may not play it as often as I used to (I mainly use it for Paper Mario), but it's still <3.

Now, who here has a SNES and a NES and plays those? I have a SNES and play it regularly (EarthBound and SMRPG), but I'm lacking in the NES factor. If I had a NES, I'd order an EarthBoudn 0 cartridge from NES reproductions so I could play it with an actual controller in my room.

I also loved Kazooie and Tooie. I'm a member of Rare Witch Project (a rareware forum). I always loved the subtle risque humor. >:)

Back
Top Bottom