• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dreams of the Past OOC/Sign-Ups

Stormecho

Maelstroms amidst steel
Pronoun
she
The RP is located here.

*This Roleplay is a part of the AFLRP (Alliance for Long-Lasting Roleplays) and is in association with Sanctic*

Two spots open!

Social Group can be found here.

It was a golden age - the regions all banded together, united by the training of Pokemon. The sport had reached its biggest boom yet, the Champions of each region treated like superstars, their Pokemon lavished and heralded as the very best. Everything was controlled and calculated, Pokemon bred solely for battle, the industry fuelling itself with the mania of the spectators and the enthusiasm of the trainers.

The rumblings of discontent of those who hadn't ever been trainers or seen the appeal, the ones who had failed and been passed over because they had dropped out of the sport - they were all ignored.

A plot was hatched that each Champion and Elite Four member would enter a tournament to select the greatest out of all of them. An event centred around puffing up egos and earning more money - but the glory was unmatched. For a prize, many extremely skilled and exquisitely bred Pokemon were chosen, and placed in a chamber in Mount Silver, awaiting the true Champion's arrival. There, he would choose his perfect new team, and use them for the next tournament, carving a path to ever greater glory.

He never reached the chamber.

There was an uprising, a riot as taxes rose to cover the cost of the tournament, and the trainers were taken unawares. In the confusion, the stadium was brought down by frightened Pokemon, the trainers fighting for their lives to escape. The death toll was a shock, and one that kept on mounting as both citizens and trainers grew paranoid. Anyone with a Pokemon became a target for mobs, and anyone with a Pokemon team was able to enforce with the authority of certain death. Atrocities were committed, ones sorely regretted later. The bond between human and Pokemon, the trust, was broken, diverging completely until Pokemon and human no longer lived side by side.

Ten years.

Twenty years.

Fifty years.

Through it all, the Pokemon in the chamber, kept in prolonged statis through technology, slept.

Now, almost a hundred years later, a chance expedition uncovered strange tunnels in Mount Silver, and people wishing to colonise and explore are clamouring to investigate.

Time is running out.

--​

It's that time... Dreams of the Past is up (again). To summarize, you are either a Pokemon, trained and bred to be an obedient and powerful battler, or one completely innocent, born and raised in this new era. As well, there are humans whose choices have led to them exploring Mount Silver for reasons of their own. Regardless, the paths of those frozen in time and those progressing forward are about to meet.

--

Rules

- I do not ask for twenty paragraphs of post, but I do expect some consistency in regards to detail, grammar and quality. One-liners and just above that, as well as typo-filled posts, are frowned upon and make me sad. You don't want a sad GM, do you?

- No godmoding, instant hits, controlling others' characters or making Sues.

- You can make up to two characters apart from the one you join with. However, you must have a reason for bringing them in and they must interact with people other than your own characters consistently or I will find reasons to kill them off messily. Characters for plot purposes are good. Characters because you want a love interest for your own character? Not so much.

- In my completely original battle system courtesy of Sanctic, you start out with four moves as a Pokemon. Levelling up will net you more, up to eight, but no legendary moves or anything that they can't learn in the games.

- You may not make a legendary. Humans with relationships with Pokemon or an actual companion need a reason in their backstory for it. Sleeper Pokemon must be fully evolved or non-evolving, but any other Pokemon can be at any stage.

- There are sixteen spots, eight of them sleeper. Hopefully the humans have awesome enough benefits to have some people actually make them now. :D

- THE PLOT IS YOURS. I will stalk your characters' development because I'm creepy like that and shoot something your way to start something off, but it's your choice on how to use whatever I give you. With this, I am trusting that you won't turn into physical gods who can nuke cities at the moment I look away. Common sense, please.

--

The Totally Original EXP System (Totally)

Experience will be awarded based on quality and creativity, as well as forwarding character development. To be awarded experience for a post, it needs to have good grammar and either develop a character or the plot. Simply put, it needs to be good. This isn't as hard as it may sound - I'm not going to be elitist about it until the higher levels, at which point I will be expecting a bit more.

Level 1: 0 experience required
- Pokemon are allowed 4 moves.
- Humans start off with one basic firearm, a TM Driver with 4 TMs and one element gem, and one item of choice (Smoke Ball, BrightPowder, Quick Claw)

Level 2: 6 experience required
- Pokemon may learn an extra move, either level-up or a TM/HM move.
- Humans gain an extra TM and are able to carry two items from the list below.

Level 3: 12 experience required
- Another extra move, as well as the ability to make an additional character.
- Ability to make an additional character, choice of four items, and one HM disk, ability to acquire Pokemon translator.

Level 4: 24 experience required
- A Pokemon that is not a sleeper may evolve to its next stage. It may learn two moves, any of which are in its movepool. At this stage, the character will be given the opportunity to manipulate the plot.
- A human may carry up to ten items, and has a choice of Element Gems. At this stage, the character will be given the opportunity to manipulate the plot.

Level 5: 36 experience required
- Ability to create three minor NPCs or an additional character. Opportunity to swap one earlier move for a different one from the movepool.
- Ability to create three minor NPCs or an additional character. Able to choose a secondary weapon from the list.

Level 6: 48 experience required
- Two extra moves, the ability to seriously wrench around the plot (killing a plot-important NPC, going against my subtle railroading and generally being a Spanner in the Works.) Also, for those who aren't sleepers, final evolution time!
- Remember that basic fire-arm from waaay back at Level 1? No? Well, you can upgrade it into a cooler gun now, without issues of overpowered-ness unless it is a long-ranged sonic screwdwriver.

Level 7: 60 experience required
- Aesthetic changes or armour (with some sort of IC reason for it) can now be made.
- You can effectively become dual-typed by taking and using two Element Gems of your choice at the same time.

Level 8: 84 experience required
- You can make a Signature Move! Nothing overpowered or with gigantic bonuses. Keep in mind, it will take up more energy than a regular move and you can't use it as often.
- You can make your own weapon or item! Take care not to make it capable of doing too much damage. TMs no longer break but rather recharge after ten posts.

Level 9: 110 experience required
- Your character may gain its Dream World ability. You may create NPCs of major importance. Your character may gain an effect or acquire an item in accordance with the plot instigator at Level 4.
- TMs now recharge after five posts. You may create NPCs of major importance. Your character may gain an effect or acquire an item in accordance with the plot instigator at Level 4.

Level 10: 160 experience required
- God time! You can now spin your plot however you like and go crazy, providing you don't godmode or write the RP by yourself. You may now obtain an ability from the original plot instigator that poked you at Level 4.
- God time! You can now spin your plot however you like and go crazy, providing you don't godmode or write the RP by yourself. You may now obtain an ability from the original plot instigator that poked you at Level 4.

--

Human Weapons:

The TM Driver

An invention designed to allow humans to protect themselves from unruly wild Pokemon, the TM Driver is the result of a collaboration between scientific teams from every different region on the planet working towards a single goal. And as such is often cited as "the fist of humanity" in that it represents liberation from the over-dependence on Pokemon that crippled the world a century ago. Reminiscent of the Snag Machine in design, it is a device that attaches itself to a human's chosen arm and covers from the hand to the shoulder, with a single plate of accompanying body armor typically attached to the chest or face. The appearance can be customized to suit the person, and it is not uncommon to see different regions manufacture models in different styles, to the point where it has become considered by some as a fashion statement rather than an actual self-defense tool.

Within the shoulder mechanism of the device, for battle-purpose models, there is a slot where one can place a single elemental gem corresponding to any one of the 17 different Pokemon types. The type of this gem determines what kind of TM disks the device is compatible with. By inserting a disk into a slot located somewhere on the device, the Driver is capable of reading the disk and then replicating the Pokemon attack contained within.

Once the attack has been performed, the disk is then ejected from the casing, and cannot be used until the data stored within has been restored. In addition, the elemental gem must recharge for a minimum of one minute between uses, otherwise it will wear out and break.

Designed with protection in mind, the device is designed only to give humans a fighting chance against Pokemon that might otherwise seek to harm them, and is an inefficient choice for extended confrontations.

--

The Application

Name:
Species:

Appearance:
Clothing:
Personal Items: (Weapons, held items and such)

Personality: (Played out personalities aren't allowed)

History:

Moves:

Other: (Abilities, random things of note or way your character differs are all examples of what can go here)

--​

Anyone who needs a refresher or is new to RPing may take a look here for some helpful tips.

Last edited:
"Hello? Is there anyone out there? We're opening server communications now - take all the supplies you need!"

Calling all human characters! Welcome to the shop!

When humans are out of battle, they are allowed to access an online PC storage system for items in order to replenish their supplies, and recharge any TM disks that have become drained through use. They can restock and use the facilities for free, but they cannot carry any more than their bag can hold. As the storyline progresses, roughly once each Spoils Day, the shop list will be updated and upgraded with new items and upgrades becoming available as me and Storm think of them as development in human technology continues.

Keep fighting the good fight! But try not to die!

Equipment for Humans

--​

TM Driver - A versatile self-defense tool that allows humans to replicate the moves of Pokemon, with drawbacks. Comes with a choice of ONE elemental gem to start.

Bag - Storage devices that allow humans to carry equipment and TMs. Default size is 4 TMs and 1 item.

Firearm - A deterrent against would-be-attackers, Human or otherwise. Fires blasts of compressed air or water depending on the environment, meaning that it never has to be reloaded.

Pokemon Translator - Earpieces used to modulate Pokemon speech into a coherent language humans can understand. Attainable at Level 3 only.

MORE COMING SOON

--

Items for Humans

--
Smoke Ball - Allows a Human to flee from a Pokemon encounter more easily when used by blinding the opponent with a thick smog.

Brightpowder - Reduces the chances of a Pokemon landing a hit by blinding them with a bright glare when thrown.

Quick Claw - Can grant the user a quick burst of speed at random, allowing them to move faster than any Pokemon not using a priority move.

Red Card – When triggered by a Pokemon move, this card uses mystic force contained within to forcibly eject the offending attacker from battle, either by pinning them down and rendering them unable to move, or pushing them back out of reach.

Eject Button – Although similar to the Red Card in effect, activating when a human is hit with a Pokemon attack; this device instead allows a human to withdraw from the conflict and switch places with a more battle-capable ally. Used for tactical retreats.

MORE COMING SOON

--

Drugs for Humans

--​

X Attack – Gives a human a brief increase in physical mass, pumping up their muscle capacity and causing their physical attacks to deal more damage.

X Defend - Gives a Human a brief increase in durability when ingested, enough to perhaps survive a physical assault with some wounding.

X Special – Gives a human a brief surge in energy, boosting the power of their indirect attacks to a more advanced level.

X Sp.Def - Gives a Human a brief increase in resistance when ingested, allowing them to endure indirect attacks with less pain.

MORE COMING SOON

--

TM Workshop

--​

Link here to restore any broken/used up TM disks and acquire new ones when you have the space.

Last edited:
So yes! Metalos was kind enough to agree to be my co-GM for all things human and boring. Pokemon are way better, right guys?

Player List

Stormecho - Level 3 - 23 exp
Nephtys/F/Skarmory

Metalos - Level 3 - 20 exp
Prospero/M/Human

Exo-Raikou - Level 3 - 22 exp
Zrantox/M/Dusknoir

Darksong - Level 3 - 18 exp
Rei/F/Sneasel

Mai - Level 2 - 10 exp
Diamond/F/Sableye

Legendaryseeker99 - Level 1 - 0 exp

Lili - Level 2 - 6 exp
Sadrapel/F/Liepard

Storm, Earth and Fire - Level 3 - 15 exp
Sinar/NA/Solrock

Mad MOAI - Level 2 - 11 exp
Caith/M/Throh

hopeandjoy - Level 2 - 6 exp
Leia Evans/F/Human

Big Red Cherry Bomb - Level 1 - 3 exp
Sherwood/M/Sawsbuck

BlackTitress - Level 3 - 17 exp
Titress/F/Froslass

ShadowtheHoundoom - Level 2 - 7 exp
Crystal Hertz/F/Luxray

Glace - Level 1 - 4 exp
Len/M/Garchomp

Last edited:
Name: Nephtys
Age: 21 in human years before the fall of Pokemon training
Species: Skarmory

Appearance: Skarmory are naturally impressive Pokemon, streamlined and blade-like, and here, Nephtys is no different. If anything, she's a bit runty, slightly smaller than normal. Like most of her kind, she is completely covered by steel armour, and even the brilliant red feathers of her wings are stiff and sharp enough to slice. One would think she is incapable of flight, but in reality she is astonishingly light in weight. Unable to rid herself of her feathers as she would every year, she looks a bit dented, the steel primaries scuffed and littered with clear marks from previous battles. Unnoticeable except to the keenest of eyes is a tiny engraving on the side of her neck, a tiny etching of a blade left behind by her trainer.
Clothing: None
Personal Items: None

Personality: Nephtys is not cold, nor aloof – not in the superior way one might think of. Rather, she is detached emotionally. She is collected and resolute, but fear, sadness, anger, joy – all those emotions seem to slide off of her, deflected by the steel of her wings. She knows full well what those emotions are, she understands them clinically due to experience and having watched others, but she herself can't feel anything. She manages well enough – not lying, but the sheer fact of her type generally leads others to believe she just hides them. This makes her an excellent fighter and tactician, as nothing can shake her resolve, and she never panics. However, the absence of emotions means she cannot work well on a team, as there will always be a subtle – or not so subtle, as the case may be – rift between her and all others. She herself is aware of it and generally isolates herself quite readily, though she has the habit of watching others, drinking in what they feel and how they react. To tell the truth, she wishes that there was some way to pierce the indifference that surrounds her, and she fights to find an opponent, a cause, something that will accomplish that goal.

History: Every Skarmory chick is raised in brambles, so that the thorns wound and pierce its wings until they grow tough and resilient. It is a matter of life, and breeders who do not re-enact it are left often with stunted chicks that lack the defences of their siblings. Nephtys was raised the same way, but with the added isolation of having no parents to care for her. Everything around her was programmed and tested to produce the best combat results, and she rarely interacted with anyone. By the time her armour had hardened, the period of development had passed, and she was incapable of feeling anything. Empathy, the pain and suffering of others, were all reduced to scenes in a play she couldn't understand. She quickly grew aware of the absence when a trainer bought her, as his team was so different that they might well have been from a different world.

The first tentative attempts to have her bond with them fell apart, not because she was unwilling, but because it was impossible. Quickly, she became just as isolated as before, her trainer sending her out only for battles. She was an impeccable battler, swift and fierce and always following orders, without a care for anything but her task – but she unnerved her trainer with her strength, and that absence of restraint a more empathetic Pokemon would have had. She learned to fake it when needed, to hold back, but she was never capable of feeling anything for the human who trained her. He carved the blade into her armour shortly before he gave her away for the tournament.

She was not the first to be put into the sleeping chambers, nor the last – not that it mattered to her.

Moves: Air Slash, Agility, Feint, Whirlwind, Autotomize, Flash Cannon

Other: Ability is Sturdy.

Last edited:
I am confused, you say don't post yet your starting to post? Sorry I I am post and should not be posting, if I am allowed to post the. Reserve female shinx, if I'm not supposed to post then I will reserve when I am supposed to post.
Augh my head hurts now!

...I was posting the player list and waiting for Metalos to set up the shop, dude. Not that hard to figure out, I hope?

Dastardly sentence is gone and you can post now.

Reserve me up a human, Mourmedy, to be exact. I'd do the form now, but I have to like, draw her out before I can. I always have to do a sketch of a character before I actually know what they look like.

Name: Titress
Species:Froslass

Appearance: Froslass, a beautiful pokemon of snow and ice that is normally white with crystals that are blue. Two arms come down from its head and it has a ribbon tied around its waist. Titress' colour scheme looks much different than others due to her living in a place where light never touched. Where her skin would be a transparent white is a deep black instead and the crystals that were normally blue shine a blood red. On her forehead is a symbol that looks like a red star. Her ribbon is also a darker red than the norm of her species.

Clothing: She wears a Nevermeltice pendant tied to a black cord around her neck. It was given to her to add more power.
Personal Items: The Nevermeltice

Personality: If two word could describe Titress, it would be these: Devious and Evil. Titress is constantly planning her next moves carefully and despises failure. She always makes sure she has back up plans and back ups to her back up. She is not above cheating and dirty tricks and will happily manipulate someone if the possibility presents itself. She constantly dreams of becoming Queen and will try anything to achieve her goal. It is impossible to tell where her loyalties lie and if it is important to her plan, she won't hesistate to kill her allies. She is always putting herself first and despises Pokemon that think they are better than her.

To her, there is no such thing as friends and that everyone is a tool waiting to be used. She thinks that she fears nothing, but the truth is, she is quite afraid of the dark. After living in it for a long time, she never wants to go there again.

History: Many breeders knew of how beautiful Froslasses were, but the breed that bred Titress didn't want beautiful, he wanted dark and powerful. Thus, as an experiment, the young Titress in her Snorunt form was never allowed to see the light of day. She was kept in a breeding facility that was kept in constant darkness where she was trained to become powerful. At first, she was okay with the darkness, but it soon started to make her angry at how someone could keep her inside. She wanted to be free of the awful darkness. She wanted to know what "light" was. But, much like the popular saying, she didn't get mad, she just waited until she could get even. It wasn't until far along in her training that she was given a Dawn Stone. The Dawn Stone did make her evolve, but when it was used in the darkness instead of the light,it made Titress, a Pokemon that was already dark and cunning, almost evil and completed her dark form.

The trainer that recieved her was unaware of how much of an evil Pokemon he had received, but he found out soon enough. When she was released for her first Double Battle, the attack she used wasn't directed at her opponent like commanded, it was used on her partner. She was relentless and almost killed it, due to her knowing how much it would scare the human. The trainer was lucky enough to call it back before said Pokemon was dead on the ground. She attempted to kill him next, but he called her into her Pokeball before she could unleash an attack against him.

It was for this reason he gave her up for the Tournament. He didn't want a Pokemon who was as dangerous as Titress to be in his grasp. She was definitely powerful enough to be allowed into the tournament. Plus, it never mentioned what the personality must be like, so he gave her away. Titress was waiting for the Champion to come down so she could kill him/her and move on with her plans of becoming a ruler. Her plan was also to convince the other Pokemon in her plan.

Moves: Blizzard, Double Team, Frost Breath, Shadow Ball, Ice Fang, Ominous Wind

Other: Due to constantly living in darkness, Titress never learned how to phase like other Ghost types, since she never saw the need to. Also, her ability is Cursed Body.

Last edited:
YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes!

Name: Zrantox
Species: Dusknoir

Appearance: His body is somewhat roundish and ends in a genie-like tail. He has two thick arms with odd markings scattered across his body. His head is almost hood-like, with a small slit where his one eye ominously peers out of. Normally the body is grey and the markings are yellow, but with him, the usual stormcloud grey, there is now black. The eyes on his chest and back are crimson, and the mouth on his chest moves on its own
Personal Items: None

Personality: Hateful, always hateful. Zrantox's camaraderie with his brothers lead to a deep hatred of humans when his brothers were one by one captured by humans. He maintains an appearance of calmness and affability, until he encounters a human. Then, his fury will be anywhere from tranquil to out-and-out killing mode. Always cold and calculating, he is constantly making plans in his homicidal journey. Having lived for forty-five hundred years, he has a vast knowledge of the history of the world - he even knows of times where pokemon and humans never even knew each other; seeing how the world has so vastly changed is partly what gives him such a deep hatred for mankind

History: Zrantox and six other Dusknoir were chosen as a group of pokemon that would be akin to the Grim Reaper - their job was to escort those who had died onward to the next life. Zrantox, idealistic at first, could only grow more cynical as he watched humanity kill itself again and again through ceaseless wars. This gave him a very pessimistic view on life, but it all stemmed form what he saw humans as: savages that killed for its own sake. Disgusted by this as he was, he was shocked when humans first discovered pokemon.

At first, they killed the pokemon as they had themselves, and Zrantox's cynical view of humanity slowly turned into a more disdainful view - killing ones own kind was one thing, but this... to Zrantox, was unacceptable. Absolutely disgusting. He longed for humans to go to what they once were, if only to protect the pokemon of the world. When the killings stopped, however, Zrantox's opinion didn't change much - as far as he saw, pokemon were now slaves to the human race - a fate far worse than death in his mind. If he had any positive opinions of man, they were now gone.

So it went as it went for centuries, with the only noticeable change in Zrantox's behavior being a more punishment-sounding take on guiding humans to the next world. Other than that, all seemed normal.

That is, until that fateful day when they were found.

To this day, Zrantox has no idea how it happened. He never will have an idea of how it happened. But one day humans struck at he and his brothers, catching every one of them, Zrantox being the last one. Something snapped in the Dusknoir that day, and from then he decided that it would not be enough to wait for humans to expire on their own - he would have to personally escort them to the next life.

Despite a few attempts, this never worked - he would always be recalled into the pokeball, no matter how close he came to killing even one human. After some time, Zrantox's "trainer" decided that the Dusknoir was acting up because its current trainer wasn't strong enough for him. Hoping to alter that, the trainer gave Zrantox to the champion, and thus he was put to sleep in the chambers.

And so he sleeps, waiting for the time to regain his revenge upon mankind.

Moves: Curse, Shadow Punch, Dark Pulse, Shadow Sneak, Toxic, Trick Room

Other: Ability is Pressure

Now I have one question: are pokemon on this dig team, as they were before?

Last edited:
Sorry I get easily confused.
Ok form:
Name: Crystal heartz
Species: Luxray

Appearance: She looks like your standard Shinx as far as shape goes. She is shiny and has baby blue eyes. She is also a lot more petite as a figure, mainly due to her previous 'job'. She is very light which helps with her speed, she is very fast. She has out run some fast creatures, and she stays alive that way. She would appear to be an easy meal, but you don't want to get on her bad side. She gives a counter to bark worse then bite, you don't want to be bit by her.
Personal items: She has a thunderstone, her ex-trainer used to think of was needed for her to evolve, she now keeps it for when she finds an electric type in need of one.

Personality: Crystal can be very picky, mainly due to how she was raised. She used to think of herself as a princess but is weening off of that. She can be bossy ad pushy but means it in a good way. She doesn't like to be violent if she doesn't have to, but when she does stay clear. She can get irritated very easily and is not easily calmed down. And on the otherside, she is shy. She will never be the first to engage in a talk, unless she trusts you. But she is wry of trust since people have broken hers alot. She is also interagative web she needs to be.

History: She was raised at a day-care, and was always pampered. The daughter of the day-care lady loved Crystal and would always stay near her. Crystal formed a close bond with the girl, Tina was her name. Then, when Tina came of age, she took Crystal to see the region. They traveled all around, competing in these 'gym' battles. She grew strong, but she knew this was not what her trainer wanted. After some time, Crystal gave up, ahe lost a battle and her trainer realized why. So then her trainer took the path she always wanted, to be a coordinator. They trained and trained, winning some of the contests. Crystal was treated like royalty because of her trainers love. She became very petite and 'purr'fect, as her trainer joked. Then she lost on day.

She suddenly snapped for some reason. She then turned 'bad' toward humans and the first was her own trainer. She had killed a few groups of people and pokemon before she was labeled 'dangerous'. For this reason she was put into a sleep chamber, awaiting a day to return, have mercy on the humans that find her.

Moves: Thunder Fang, Spark, (egg move) Swift, (egg move) Ice Fang

Ability is intimidate.

Last edited:
Mind if I reserve a spot as a normal Pokémon who lives on Mt. Silver? I know I want to be in this role-play again, but I'm not sure which character I want to use... (and I want to see what it's like to be someone other than a Pokémon who was previously trained this time... I'll just need help figuring out what to do!)

Also, oddly, thinking this was dead, I left the Social Group for this RP a few hours ago. I guess I'll go join it again. xD

Last edited:
Exo, ACCEPTED!

Shadow, it has 100 years or more since the last Pokemon tournament. Since then, there have been no gyms or contest halls open, because human attitudes towards Pokemon have now changed for the worse, and training is outlawed.

If your character is 14 years of age, she would either have to be a sleeper, so that time would not pass for her. Or completely wild Pokemon.

Reserve me a sleeper, please? I'll probably end up being a sableye.

(This is just me starting my form, once I finish I'll repost it and say so.)

Name: Diamond (or Dia, if you'd prefer that)
Species: Sableye

Appearance: Short, thin, bony, voilet and spiky. Pretty much exactly the same as a normal sableye, right? That's just about it, except for the diamonds.

Diamond is very aptly named. Unlike many other sableye, Dia is mostly covered in diamonds instead of the normal rubies and sapphires. Slightly shorter than a normal sableye as well at only 1'06", Dia's body is almost entirely coated with very large diamonds that thrust out of various spots on her person. These gems that adorn her body are far from useless, however. Due to them being extremely tough, they help lesson the blow from many attacks. They also are edible for her if needed, in about the same way of a tropius' bananas.

Clothing: Due to her being a pokemon, she has none.

Personal Items: Dia holds some leftovers, although they are somewhat different from the ones you might give to another pokemon. These leftovers are made from various gemstones, which while expensive better suit her natural diet and also prevent the exploitation of her item by most pokemon.

Personality: Diamond is mischevious, shy, and reclusive. To others she will act serious and uncaring except for survival, but inside she is very vengeful and will not stop until she gets if you have done her wrong in any way. She holds a grudge, obviously. Often she attempts to exact her revenge in battle, fighting mercilessly and using whatever techniques she can to win. However, because she listened to her trainer very obediently, she often had to keep these aggressions in check due to the trainer wanting a defensive pokemon. She now tries to fight offensively, although the years of her being trained to hesitate often leaves her standing there and trying not to get hit.

History: Originally a pokemon for a rich trainer, Diamond was fed the most expensive diamonds around in the hopes of growing them back on her body. They did, and even though they barely made up for the cost of buying the gems in the first place, her costly diet continued and every once in a while they would chop off the excess gems on her body to sell. While originally painful, she built up a tolerance to this and sometimes even nibbled her own home grown gems instead of fresh ones.

Eventually her trainer decided to have her participate in pokemon battles in addition to growing gems. She did wonderfully, and eventually her trainer decided to put her into the chamber for a price. He would be allowed to trim off excess gems every year and sell them. In addition he requested to be paid for the 'rental' of her gems. An agreement was never reached, but she was already in the chamber when her trainer was killed in one of the riots while negotiating for an appropriate payment. Over the years her diamonds grew much bigger, as she no longer had people to trim them.

Moves: Recover, knock off, foul play and night shade.

Other: Diamond's ability is keen eye.

I have been terrible at character forms lately. They are horrible, I know.

Last edited:
Also, Mendatt, Arylett, Mai and Darksong are reserved, BlackTitress, I'd appreciate a bit more detail in general - your app is a bit on the short side. ^^

Shadow, you can be a Pokemon other than a sleeper. Also, not sure how you would have made your way into the chambers if your Pokemon was outside - the chambers are sealed, deep in a mountain and made so nothing other than a human can get in.

Exo: I would imagine a human might be teaming up with/acquainted with a Pokemon if they had a good reason to, there would be wild Pokemon around as well - so yes, there can be. I just need a relatively good reason for their presence.

Quoth RyanMC, "Ask a stupid question, you get an answer, stupid." This is what happens when I power through descriptions.

So Now for the other two:

Name: Prektaan
Species: Zoroark

Appearance: Like most of his kind, Prektaan resembles is a bipedal fox-like Pokémon, and mainly grayish-brown in coloration with crimson and black accents. It has a pointed snout and ears, the insides of which have red coloration, and also has some red rimming its eyes and mouth. His long head fur, unlike most of his kind, isn't in its ponytail-like form, instead only goes down to his midsection. He is noticeably bulkier than the average Zoroark, but this doesn't seem to affect his speed in a noticeable way.
Clothing: N/A
Personal Items: N/A

Personality: A greedy fellow, through and through. Prektaan is something of a mercenary, only more toned-down than your average mercenary. Basically, you could get him to do anything, so long as the reward outweighs the risks (rewards for him, mind you, are more "goods" than anything else). This of course means that he is on the top of his preservation list, but unlike most misers, he actually can back up his claims of being dangerous with his abilities. Has a very get-to-the-point attitude, which of course makes him frustrated by his current companion (see below). Quite honestly, he doesn't care about these sleepers, but since he's being given a good reward for going along, he's fine with the job.

History: Prektaan lived the life of an average pokemon for the most part - out in the wild, fighting for survival against deadly odds. Throughout his young life, he knew of the importance of land and resources; what level of gravity they had on anyone's life, be they human or pokemon. So it wasn't long after he evolved that he tried to become a sort of go-between in a territorial conflict that was flaring up in his home forest - in exchange for resources that would keep him alive, he would do the fighting for one of the particular factions of the forest-dwellers, but to him it was just clause to fight for rewards, and he didn't care who he fought - this of course led to fractures in the factions. Eventually, his "assistance" led to the mutual destruction of both factions, so he left his home and started wandering the world, and would help other pokemon for rewards that they had. He was not above doing jobs for actual currency, (thanks in part to his Illusion ability,) but he lacked an actual place to store it safely, so jobs such as those were fewer. It was after some time that he met his cohort (again, see below,) and seeing a large potential reward in his ways, Prektaan joined the Other in his journey to Mt. Silver, where he was told he would find something... unbelievable.

Moves: Night Daze, Suck Punch, Nasty Plot, U-Turn

Other: Ability is Illusion

And the Other:

Name: Isei-Korujin (Isei for short)
Species: Beheeyem

Appearance: Like most of his kind, Isei is a sort of humanoid creature that lacks legs, and has a sort of long-coat like shape to his body, as well as a head that looks like a large hat. He also has glowing green eyes, and orbs of red, green, and yellow colors on his palms. Unlike other members, the hat-like part of his head almost seems detached from the rest of his body, making it look more like a hat and less like a body part. Furthermore, unlike most members of hid kind, Isei actually has fingers, though those fingers do only emerge from the orbs on his palm and are colored accordingly - it also seems that they can "retract" if he so wishes, making them more like a cat's claws. His coloration is different from a Beheeyem - rather than being beige, his colors are a darker grey, almost black.
Clothing: If you consider his "hat" this, then that hat
Personal Items: He does wear a small necklace at the end of which hangs a strange medallion: three small circles inside a larger one connected by lines

Personality: To put it most easily, Isei is as he is: alien. To be complicated, well... Isei's motives, morality and wants are what he considers completely incomprehensible to the average denizen of this world. Thus, he acts in a manner that can seem distant at times and eccentric at others. Really, the only one that always understand Isei is Isei, and he makes it rather clear that he has no problem with this. However, there are a few "core" aspects of his personality that everyone seems to understand: he often claims he is acting in "the name of the Ryxia." He speaks of this "Ryxia" in a very devout-manner, and indeed, he behaves almost religiously when it comes to dealing with these "Others," especially when it comes down to battles. The only real way to get on his bad side is to talk derisively about the "Ryxia" - if you do that, watch out.

History: Isei prefers to speak less about his history - whether that's out of trauma or his continued desire to remain mysterious is anyone's guess. He claims to have first met humans on this world upwards of one hundred years ago, when the battling crisis first flared up. He watched the humans and pokemon do battle with one another, and deliberately chose not to interfere in the battles, whether it was for good or ill. This neutrality actually ended up causing several deaths on both sides from those that expected him to help. He gave no indication that he enjoyed the battles, but whether he would say it or not, he liked the fact that these battles existed, that animosity existed between the two species. Following the battles, he started to wander the world, with two different actions: spreading a little dissent here and there - there were times when he tried to encourage the fact that pokemon and humans can't coexist. At the same time, he would help others and spread more kind deeds, encouraging coexistence. What purpose this would completely serve is unknown except to him - and he intends to keep it that way. After a time, he learned of the sleepers, and the potential change that they might bring to the world once awoken. Deciding to enter his own hand into this matter, he encountered the Zororark Prektaan, and convinced him to go along, promising to show him something very interesting.

Moves: Teleport, Psychic, Recover, Barrier

Other: I'm setting up for good backstory pointers here, fellow RPers. Ability is its Dream World one, Analytic

Last edited:
Exo, as according to the exp system - totally an original work, yeaaaah - you'll be able to employ them at Level 3 and Level 5. Given they're partners, you can jump them both in at Level 5. Given your posting rate, it won't take too long, hm?

Reserved, Legendaryseeker. Shadow, the sleeping chambers were closed before the riots, and only the elite were put in - they were forgotten later. She would not have been able to be put in, nor would they have thought of anything other than killing her. I would appreciate some common sense in your application. :/

Back
Top Bottom