• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dreams of the Past OOC/Sign-Ups

Reserved! And that is all. We are full~ And in less than twenty four hours too. I am.. surprised.

Now we'll just be waiting for those who reserved to finish their applications~

If I counted right, all of the sleeper spots are taken, correct? If so, then am I forced to be a human, or can I be a natural, non-sleeper pokemon?

By my count, there is one last spot. x3 So you're good.

Mad MOAI, you are accepted and yeah, Kekkaishi seriously needs more love. It's a great series though I can't find any place with the manga, and I stopped watching the anime a while back due to not being able to find episodes. :/ Did they continue after the Kokuboro arc?

Alright, then I claim the last sleeper spot then. App will be up in another post shortly hopefully(Ps3 is annoying with a 1025 character limit, so I need all of the room I can get for the app).

Human numero dos. I hope some of the things I made up are okay, I decided to deviate from the formula a little.

Name: Mourmedy Charcill Stanton
Species: Human

Appearance: "What are you looking at?"

Pictora.
Pictora Two. (Also features an explanation on Mourmedy's TM Driver and bag. And a picture of her gun.)
In spite of her short stature (5'3"), she is a rather intimidating individual. Maybe it's just the way her sharp-featured face stares at you with its cold steel gray eyes. Who knows. In any case, she is also rather slender and has long arms featuring large hands. Her body shape doesn't lend itself to much curves and is somewhat flat. Lastly, she has golden blonde straight hair which reaches slightly past her shoulder and is left loose. It seems rather stiff and excessively groomed. In fact, that sentence could be used to describe Mourmedy's entire appearance in general.

Clothing: "Stop gawking about where I got my clothes and do something worthwhile for once."

Her main outfit is composed of an ebony sleeveless shirt and matching pants and a long sterile-looking unbuttoned ivory coat which reaches down nearly past her ankles. She also wears her TM Driver on her right arm and a belt around her waist which has her TM Case and bag clipped onto it. Lastly, she wears long white boots with black symbols on them which match the symbols on her TM Driver, sort of.

Personal Items: "This is why we don't need those stupid creatures, you imbecile."

TM Driver - She has a rather unusual model, called the Weaponize X325. This model is a prototype for a new model currently being developed which offers higher-powered boosted attacks by connecting the hand part of it to a special gun. To this effect, it features odd Gem Energy Transfer Tubes on it to transfer maximum energy from the gem to the gun. However, in exchange for this power, the Driver is only capable of accepting two TMs and nothing more into its system. Also, due to still being in development, the model is a little buggy and sometimes has energy leaks coming from its Gem Energy Transfer Tubes, which may cause its gem to need to recharge longer than one minute after using a TM or other odd glitches. It needs to be upgraded to the final model before it can operate efficiently. It also features small claws on the fingers, and spikes on the sides of the wrists for cutting-based attacks like Leaf Blade or Cut.

Normal Gem - The type of gem in her Driver. It is a pale white jewel which is carried in a slot on her shoulder.

Gun - A tiny and special gun that came with the TM Driver Model Weaponize X325. It can connect with it and deliver weak blasts of Normal-type energy without wasting ammo. A perfect tool for when Mourmedy's TMs must be restored. However, she can only shoot with the gun about four or five times, as using it anymore will cause the gem to need to recharge after a staggering ten minutes. A little cheat to overcome this limitation, she can wait about five minutes after shooting her fourth or fifth shot, and will be able to shoot again without waiting ten minutes. Further, the gun cannot be used as a normal gun and has no place for bullets. The gun can also be used as an alternative of delivering certain, long-ranged attacks and tends to make them more accurate and powerful at the cost of the gem needing to recharge for five minutes. It cannot be used for short-range attacks.

TM Case: Clipped onto her belt.

Bag: A small bag clipped onto her belt. It's just about large enough to hold the gun and a Quick Claw.

Personality: "Let's cut the crap."

A strict and ruthless woman who is serious to a fault and frowns upon all silliness. Her manner is cold emitting an absolute authority that most wouldn't dare question. As such, she makes quite a good leader. To further this, Mourmedy is quite ambitious, working towards her goals to the bitter end and having an almost unbreakable will of steel. She has been described by others as blunt and also, lacking much sympathy. In truth, she is a woman who is concerned only with fulfilling her own goals, and nothing else, crushing any obstacles that stand in her way through sheer force of will and persistence. With Mourmedy, there is no time for nonsense, no time for witty remarks, and no time for sarcasm. Everything moves in a straight line, straight-forward, because that's the quickest way to success.

And all she is concerned with is the quickest route to get what she desires. Her entire life revolves around her intense desire to fulfill her goals, because in truth, they are the only things that make her life worth living. She wants to prove herself and does not wish to bear any weakness. To bear weakness is to surrender one's authority, and Mourmedy prefers to wield it with an iron and unyielding fist.

However, though the only outward emotions she shows to others are anger and annoyance, she does have a soft side. Mourmedy is rather sensitive at heart in spite of having had no chance to express herself during her childhood and is on the inside very lonely and afraid. Though she acts stoic and is a master at suppressing her emotions, she is really quite emotional. If life becomes less than black and white... if she loses her path on the straight line and it diverges into something different, she reacts extremely erratically and starts to panic. One of the most efficient ways to get through to Mourmedy is to play on her fear of feeling empty and having no path to walk and no clear goal in mind. She absolutely avoids things that are vaguely defined and unlinear because she fears them.

History: "They must be stopped, at all costs."

Mourmedy began life in a happy and prosperous family. Her father was the mayor of Celadon City and made them quite a chunk of change. And her mother was a homemaker, who never got an education, but they could ride it all out on Mr. Stanton's healthy amounts of pay. Being a member of government tended to do that.

Of course, being a member of government tended to do other things as well. It attracted many enemies, including the more scary and mind-crazed. And that's precisely what happened. When she turned about six, a particularly crazy Radical targeted her father with the idea of causing anarchy. He wanted to remove the government by killing all of its members to bring back the lost art of Pokémon training. And sadly, Mr. Stanton was one unfortunate target of this policy. One day, during a public speech, the man attacked and killed Mourmedy's father with an illegally-owned Pokémon. Though he was subsequently arrested and given a full sentence, the father and husband's death would have a permanent toll on the family.

Mrs. Stanton began to grow cold and distant, going into a depression and never quite recovering. She began to express her emotionally volatile state upon Mourmedy and became quite the disciplinarian, punishing her harshly for even the slightest error.

Another consequence was that the family was soon left poor after they had exhausted the funds he left them in his will. They were forced to give up their nice house and move into the miserable slums, where Mourmedy would live for most of her life. And Mrs. Stanton worked very hard, trying to keep Mourmedy in school and living off the meager scraps they could buy and welfare checks they were given along with her thankless low-paying grunt working job.

All of this would instill the stoic Mourmedy with a need to excel and for everything to be absolutely perfect. Her determination became absolutely fierce to get them out of this rut and to live up to her mother's high standards. She worked very hard in school and essentially blocked off all unnecessary social contact. If she couldn't use people to reach her goals, they were of no use to her. There was little time for interacting, because the sooner they got out of this miserable situation, the better. She had no patience for anything that diverted from her main path.

Eventually, Mourmedy's exceptional grades in school were recognized and she was given a full scholarship to the prestigious and rigorous Celadon Leafgreen University. (CLGU) Here, she studied just as hard, and graduated early at the age 22, then eventually getting a high-paying professional job.

Following the accomplishment of these goals, Mourmedy still felt unsatisfied. Even though she had managed to get her family out of the rut and helped out her mother... the woman was still just as critical as ever. And now, without a goal, she felt empty and as though something was missing. This period in her life of aimlessness frightened Mourmedy. But eventually, she devised a new plan. She would get revenge on this Pokémon-loving bastards, and stomp out any signs of Radicals or those horrendous man-killing beasts returning back. No more would this misery happen, they had to be eliminated.

Starting with her new goal, she founded The Organization For Pokémon Prevention at age 23. (OFPP. I sure do love my abbreviations.) It was at first a relatively small organization, but then expanded rapidly, with Mourmedy at its head. The organization, in addition to stomping out Radicals and trying to hunt out underground Pokémon movements, expanded its horizons to become a developer of TM Drivers, which is where Mourmedy got her prototype. After all, TM Drivers are the ultimate representation of freedom from Pokémon. This expansion caused the organization to become profitable, and she eventually quit her old job, now becoming its head full-time to the present. The organization's non-TM Driver branch currently works on a bounty hunter system - its workers are contracted to various regions to aid people or other organizations in fighting pesky Radicals - whether verbally or by use of force. However, the non-TM Driver branch is very small, and has a limited pool of people due to such Radicals being relatively rare.

OFPP is only moderately-sized, and isn't too majorly influential. Yet it is respectable enough that several other organizations, including Team Galactic, occasionally contract some of its workers. Currently, Team Galactic has contracted Mourmedy herself and her most elite workers in stopping a dig at Mt. Silver, and seems to have an intense desire to stop it at all costs. She too wishes to stop this, for this mission seems decidedly more urgent than the others.

Moves: "Get out of my way or I'll hit you until you do."

Hyper Beam, Swift. (It was a TM in the earlier generations, I hope this is okay too.)

Other: Nothing I can think of.

ACCEPTED!

A very nice take on the TM Driver concept. =D There will be more Pokemon moves being made into TMs soon since there are a lack of certain types (Ghost and Steel only have 2 TMs each between them) but old TMs are also accepted - so Swift is allowed.

How do people make long character forms ;_; I understand posts, but the forms? I'm... done, I guess. Except it's probably too small.

Name: Diamond (or Dia, if you'd prefer that)
Species: Sableye

Appearance: Short, thin, bony, violet and spiky. Pretty much exactly the same as a normal sableye, right? That's just about it, except for the diamonds.

Diamond is very aptly named. Unlike many other sableye, Dia is mostly covered in diamonds instead of the normal rubies and sapphires. Slightly shorter than a normal sableye as well at only 1'06", Dia's body is almost entirely coated with very large diamonds that thrust out of various spots on her person. These gems that adorn her body are far from useless, however. Due to them being extremely tough, they help lesson the blow from many attacks. They also are edible for her if needed, in about the same way of a tropius' bananas.

Clothing: Due to her being a pokemon, she has none.

Personal Items: Dia holds some leftovers, although they are somewhat different from the ones you might give to another pokemon. These leftovers are made from various gemstones, which while expensive better suit her natural diet and also prevent the exploitation of her item by most pokemon.

Personality: Diamond is mischevious, shy, and reclusive. To others she will act serious and uncaring except for survival, but inside she is very vengeful and will not stop until she gets if you have done her wrong in any way. She holds a grudge, obviously. Often she attempts to exact her revenge in battle, fighting mercilessly and using whatever techniques she can to win. However, because she listened to her trainer very obediently, she often had to keep these aggressions in check due to the trainer wanting a defensive pokemon. She now tries to fight offensively, although the years of her being trained to hesitate often leaves her standing there and trying not to get hit.

History: Originally a pokemon for a rich trainer, Diamond was fed the most expensive diamonds around in the hopes of growing them back on her body. They did, and even though they barely made up for the cost of buying the gems in the first place, her costly diet continued and every once in a while they would chop off the excess gems on her body to sell. While originally painful, she built up a tolerance to this and sometimes even nibbled her own home grown gems instead of fresh ones.

Eventually her trainer decided to have her participate in pokemon battles in addition to growing gems. She did wonderfully, and eventually her trainer decided to put her into the chamber for a price. He would be allowed to trim off excess gems every year and sell them. In addition he requested to be paid for the 'rental' of her gems. An agreement was never reached, but she was already in the chamber when her trainer was killed in one of the riots while negotiating for an appropriate payment. Over the years her diamonds grew much bigger, as she no longer had people to trim them.

Moves: Recover, knock off, foul play, fake out and night shade.

Other: Diamond's ability is keen eye.

Last edited:
By my count, there is one last spot. x3 So you're good.

Mad MOAI, you are accepted and yeah, Kekkaishi seriously needs more love. It's a great series though I can't find any place with the manga, and I stopped watching the anime a while back due to not being able to find episodes. :/ Did they continue after the Kokuboro arc?

I'm not sure. We just finished the Kokuboro arc (in English, at least) but it acted like it ended... I hope they go past it, but they made it look oddly like the end. I guess we'll see next week?
Anyway, since this is an RP discussion topic and not a Kekkaishi discussion topic...

If I'm a Natural Pokemon but not a sleeper, how would I start off? If I encountered the digging people at some point (whether it was after or before the sleeping Pokemon got out) how would I become involved in the plot?
I suppose I could just... see when the RP starts, if you wanted me to.

You would presumably be at least somewhat interested/irritated by what the hell all these humans are doing or why there are weird sounds coming from a wall, to start with. Of course, you can come up with your own reasoning for it.

How you would get entangled depends on who you interact with and how your character reacts, honestly - we shouldn't take much longer to start up, hopefully, so this is sort of a "we'll see" comment.

Alright, I have decided to give up my spot. I just realized that in addition to being involved in several Role Play's currently, I have also realized that I would just not be able to make the best of posts for this RP due to it is much different from the other ones that I am in. I might join later when somebody else drops out, but until then, I'm out.

Also, I'm giving my spot up to Glace since he wanted a spot.

I feel so guilty. But Blinkingsky said it was absolutely fine, so I accepted.

Will post my application after reffing my other battle, I guess.

Name: Len
Species: Garchomp

Appearance: Garchomp The only difference is that he has two elongated canines, which frequently appear out of hs mouth.
Clothing: None.
Personal Items: He has a Razor Fang, which, elongates his teeth even more.

Personality: Len appears as a rough, tough guy who will not hesitate to pin someone down and kill them. This actually describes his "outer" personality, or the way he acts around acquaintances. He will spit out dry comments and refuse to let anyone attempt to mess with his mind, especially when Len has to decide on something. However, he has an "inner" personality as well, or the manner he acts around those who can surpass his rudeness. The Garchomp acts soft and will explain his feelings to those close to him. Despite this, Len will lose trust in someone much quicker than his rate of gaining trust.

History: Len was captured as a fiesty Gible, alway biting anything that could be bite-able. His trainer was friendly and kind, and the Gabite was even captured through an agreement, not a battle. One night, before letting everyone sleep, his trainer bestowed a Razor Fang upon Len. Ecstatic, the Gible ran off to see what his gift could do. After equipping it in his mouth, the dragon heard a rustle in a bush. Of course, his first reaction was to bite it. Unfortunately, it was a lost little girl carrying a hurt Wurmple, and the Razor Fang sunk into her cranium. Deep into her head. The Gible watched as the girl died, the Wurmple escaping the "murderer's" vision. When he returned to his trainer, Len was terrified. And furious. Without warning, the creature sadistically mauled his trainer, who, much to his dismay, survived the assault.

When learning of the Tournament and the chamber, Len's trainer left him there without even thinking about his wellbeing. Apparently, the thing needed to leave. The Garchomp was relieved to be out of the foolish trainer's hands, for the stress had been becoming unbearable. After all, many more trainers had to be dealt with.

Moves: Dragon Rush, Flamethrower, Attract, Earthquake

Other: His ability is Rough Skin. His crushes usually have friendly personalities.

---

I've become horrible at character forms lately. T-T

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom