• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fandom Mafia 2 [TOWN WIN]

Re: Fandom Mafia 2 (Game in Progress)

He was alien.

Aliens turn up innocent before activation, mafia upon activation, and innocent upon death. You inspected res after it was activated. Ergo, he came up as mafia.

And, to expand a bit more, seeing as I have time now...

I understand that you're wary about my role, and the fact that you haven't immediately tried to vote for me tells me that you're waiting for my rebuttal. So, let me explain.

Aliens coming up innocent upon death is VM's GM decision, which he has mentioned in the sign up thread. So it's entirely plausible that res was alien, and it's really probable, to boot.

Besides, you can't ignore the other bit of proof. The mafia, who have been entirely active the preceding nights, all of a sudden don't kill anyone? And VM started the day phase early because everyone sent in their night actions, heavily implying that the mafia were attempting to kill. And Superbird roleblocked Flora. Coincidence? I think not.

Look, all the evidence and semi-evidence points to Flora, so if we get her lynched and she turns up mafia, it's undeniable proof that Ether's Bane is also mafia. If she turns up innocent by some chance, then I'll be ready to face the consequences, but I'm positive she's mafia.

Oh, wait, that bolded innocent means you're voting for me, isn't it, hopeandjoy? Still, my point remains.

And gah, I keep calling res as male. Sorry, my brain's just hardwired to think "it" means "he".

My oracle question was "How many vanilla townies are there?" My result? Zero.

that question operates entirely on the premise that I'm vanilla, rather than miller. and honestly, your question seems to confirm my millership, assuming you are, in fact, oracle.

that plus res-as-alien would, in fact, indicate hopeandjoy as sane cop.

Which then indicates Ether's Bane as mafia.

Yet you claimed that your role was Vanilla, and only entertained the notion of miller as uninformed. Seemingly bastard, is it not?

That still doesn't change the fact that there were no deaths, and Superbird roleblocked you. Our healer is probably dead (since Maimi seems to be the most likely candidate), no one alive claimed bulletproof, the alien is dead, the mafia is certainly active, and I liek Squirtles doesn't seem to be dead from being a bodyguard. Roleblocking is almost certainly the only way for there to be no deaths.

hopeandjoy, if you really doubt that you're sane, inspect Whirlpool, the one who's definitely innocent. Superbird, should Flora or Ether's Bane be lynched today, roleblock the other come the following night. I liek Squirtles, just as a precaution, bodyguard either me or hopeandjoy when the night comes.

I didn't heal myself last night. I will tonight though, to be sure.

Flora

Assuming that the role-block did mean that Flora is the don.

(I'll be doing some light RP'ing if it doesn't bother anyone)

Certainly, this is not a problem that cannot be solved with grenades!

It's clear that the evidence is certainly pointing towards two people: Flora and Ether's Bane, both claiming townies when, in fact, there are none, according to DA. You claimed Espurr, yes?

Although the chance that Flora is indeed the don is overwhelming, there is also the possibility that the Mafia didn't send in their actions. A commander must keep all his instincts sharp and consider every possible option!

I'm still not sure who to vote at this moment.

(I'll be doing some light RP'ing if it doesn't bother anyone)

Certainly, this is not a problem that cannot be solved with grenades!

It's clear that the evidence is certainly pointing towards two people: Flora and Ether's Bane, both claiming townies when, in fact, there are none, according to DA. You claimed Espurr, yes?

(RPing's alright with me, at any rate! I'd RP too if my character weren't such an impassive species.)

Both claiming Vanilla, but yes. And yes, I claimed Espurr, and I am Espurr.

I briefly entertained the notion that Ether's Bane could've just claimed Vanilla so as not to claim Vigilante (and there is one alive, I'm pretty sure of that), but he did show up as Mafia according to hopeandjoy.

But Flora is undeniably mafia. Even if the very slight possibility of her being an uninformed miller is true, that's one of the least beneficial roles a person could get.

[QUOTE:=I liek Squirtles;634545] Although the chance that Flora is indeed the don is overwhelming, there is also the possibility that the Mafia didn't send in their actions. A commander must keep all his instincts sharp and consider every possible option!

I'm still not sure who to vote at this moment.[/QUOTE]

Besides, you can't ignore the other bit of proof. The mafia, who have been entirely active the preceding nights, all of a sudden don't kill anyone? And VM started the day phase early because everyone sent in their night actions, heavily implying that the mafia were attempting to kill. And Superbird roleblocked Flora. Coincidence? I think not.

Seriously, there's, like, zero chance the mafia were inactive.

hopeandjoy, if you really doubt that you're sane, inspect Whirlpool, the one who's definitely innocent. Superbird, should Flora or Ether's Bane be lynched today, roleblock the other come the following night. I liek Squirtles, just as a precaution, bodyguard either me or hopeandjoy when the night comes.

To add onto this, whoever is vigilante, target Ether's Bane (seeing as how Flora is probably going to get lynched) tonight. But still roleblock him, Superbird, just in case. Same for you, ILS, still bodyguard either me or hopeandjoy. And inspect Whirlpool (or yourself), hopeandjoy.

About half of these alibis aren't necessarily sound, so I'll be oracle'ing whether or not a suspicious sounding role is actually in this game.

With the tides of fortune shifting in the town's favor, another target was chosen to be lynched. Master Xehanort was tied to a stake and burned. Thankfully for the town, this meant that there was one less mafia member to worry about.

Flora is dead. She was Mafia.
48 hours for night actions.

Not long after sunrise the following morning, a strange discovery was made. On the outskirts of town, a local farmer noticed a rotten smell coming from a haystack near the edge of the road leading out of town. When he went to investigate the smell, he found something rather shocking. The body of Caliborn was lying in the middle of the hay, with a knife plunged through his chest.

Ether's Bane is dead. He was Mafia.
48 hours for discussion.

That's the third knife death this game. Has a vig been killing everybody? Or did the mafia betray one of their own when they knew he was discovered?

Found dead in a haystack... That sounds.... familiar... I can't place where though

So I inspected Whirlpool as a test last night, and they did come up innocent.

This also means that all of our leads are dead.

No, our leads aren't dead! Be more optimistic, hopeandjoy! You now know that you're a sane inspector, and we've gotten three mafia dead now!

Majora, your alibi checks out. My oracle question was "Is there a mayor currently alive in this game?" and I got back "Yes".

hopeandjoy and Superbird, I have no reason to believe they're mafia. Same with Whirlpool, obviously. And I know that Zexion is innocent. Zexion, you can claim now, if you wish.

So, I liek Squirtles, Alligates, and Wargle. One of you is mafia, one is a vigilante, and the third is something completely unrelated.

*crosses legs together and puts hands together fingertips at chin*

State your arguments, please. I am ready.

I am a failure to my people. I failed to serve as I was told. Instead, I protected Zexion.

This setup easily lends itself to 3-4 Mafia. However, if there were only 3, we would've won already. The enemy is still among us! (agh, ninja'd by DA)

Taking from Alligates's list (post counts removed)

Flora: Claimed Riku (Kingdom Hearts), was actually Master Xenahort - Claimed Miller, was Mafia. Claimed d2.
Majora: Freddie Mercury (Queen) - Mayor. Claimed d3.
I liek Squirtles: Commander Strax (Doctor Who) - Bodyguard. Claimed d3.
Superbird: Kirby (Kirby) - Copier (Copied Roleblocker from Butterfree/Walter White). Claimed d3.
Maimi: Katara (Avatar) - Healer/Doctor (?). Died n2 via bomb explosion, from what is believed to be The Bomb, which was passed to her by DarkAura. Claimed by death.
Whirlpool: Role unknown - Flipped innocent when investigated by hopeandjoy.
hopeandjoy: Dick Gumshoe (Ace Attorney) - Sane Inspector. Inspected Flora n0 with result MAFIA, 1. Luftballon n1 with result MAFIA, Ether's Bane n2 with result MAFIA. Claimed d2.
Ether's Bane: Claimed Mabel Pines (Gravity Falls), was actually Caliborn (Homestuck) - Claimed Vanilla, was Mafia. Claimed d2.
Wargle: Preston Marlowe (Battlefield) - Three-Shot Self Heal. Claimed d3.
Zexion: France (Hetalia) Claimed d3.
1. Luftballon: Kyubey (PMMM) - "Incubator"/Bulletproof Watcher (?). Claimed to have been targeted with two unknown actions each of n0 and n1. Died n2 via being "stabbed in the head". Claimed d2.
DarkAura: Espurr (Pokemon) - Oracle (sanity not known). Found out oracularly that there is a vig, there are four mafia, an alien was activated n0. Claimed d3.
Butterfree: Walter White (Breaking Bad) - Roleblocker (Role copied by Superbird). Died n1 via "assault ... sharp blade". Claimed by death. Seems to have roleblocked via drug deal, meth.
Dar: Greed (?) - Terrorist or similar role. Claimed d2.
Alligates: Professor Layton (Professor Layton) - ?. Claimed d3.

On the N0, I protected you, DarkAura. The following night, I didn't protect anyone, partly fearing for my life and partly because I didn't send in the PM (Cowardice... *retches*). I should After that, Superbird, and then I protected Zexion, as I said.

I was the Lover. And I have my other Lover. Sadly, my lover isn't Mafia, so I am of no help in this situation :/

Back
Top Bottom