• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fandom Mafia 2 [TOWN WIN]

Re: Fandom Mafia 2 (Game in Progress)

Mayors' votes count as two instead of one: for example, if 4 normal people and a mayor vote for Guy X and 5 normal people vote for Gal Y, X will be lynched instead of there being a tie. "Kickass mayor" isn't exactly a detailed role description though, so he could be something (read: anything) else.

Ok now the mafia will kill either DarkAura or Zexion to get two innocents out of the way shit shit shit. If we still have a doctor please flip a coin on saving one or the other (you don't have to claim); ILS please bodyguard by coinflip as well because I think that's the safest choice - one death versus two is statistically better for town let's all cooperate people! There are nine people remaining, and so far 4 have voted for Wargle. I believe the best course of action is Wargle (sorry if you're really innocent!) as there is only one mafia left - Ether's Bane, Flora, and Dar are dead. If Wargle is innocent and mafia kills the lovers tonight, that's 5 innocents to one mafia still - good odds.

No, I'm just the mayor. I'm just kickass because I'm Freddie Mercury, awww yeah.

But I completely agree with you on everything else! I believe Wargle very much could be the doctor, but that mistake he made, while very possibly a mistake, probably cost him. So, if you're the doctor, sorry. /shrugs You messed up, and that makes you look a good deal more guilty than Alligates.

Superbird -- I haven't been participating actively because, you may have noticed, this is my second mafia and I'm still getting used to the game. I just don't have much to say; I don't pick up on things as easily as you do. I'm used to reading facial cues, et cetera to detect roles; this is all very new to me.

Anyway, I'm not Mafia-- it's true that targeting me isn't necessarily bad, per se, but there are better people out there to target. You might as well not block at all. If it's not, indeed, bad to target the mayor, and that it's a harmless role, then if I'm not the real mayor, whoever is please come out and say it.

I would probably role-block Alligates, since it looks like Wargle is going to die.

Where others blindly follow the truth.... Remember...

No, I'm just the mayor. I'm just kickass because I'm Freddie Mercury, awww yeah.

But I completely agree with you on everything else! I believe Wargle very much could be the doctor, but that mistake he made, while very possibly a mistake, probably cost him. So, if you're the doctor, sorry. /shrugs You messed up, and that makes you look a good deal more guilty than Alligates.

She and her.

Where others are limited by morality and law... Remember...

Majora has given us basically nothing other than that he's a 'kickass mayor'. He has barely contributed to discussion at all, and if he is mayor, he doesn't have a night action, so targetting him wouldn't do anything bad. If you think I should target someone else, please do say so.

Also, bandwagoning Wargle.

This is so illogical I cried. *contributes nothing* *does nothing* *unconfirmed role* *Lynch Wargle*

If it must be, it must be.

Laa shay'a waqi'un moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine

Nulla è reale, tutto è lecito

Urgh, so many different possibilities that could happen. Wargle being Mafia and we'd win. Alligates being Mafia and another day being forced. Neither being Mafia and we stand at a loss for leads.

Gonna bandwagon Wargle.

However, the Assassins Creed quote throws me off. Wargle previously claimed to be from Battlefield. Either the Battlefield claim was a lie, or the Creed is there to throw us off. Either way :/

After some discussion, a hooded figure was chosen as the next candidate for lynching. The man, whose name was Desmond Miles, was hanged in the town square. This, however, did not bring the town any closer to eliminating the mafia threat.

Wargle is dead. She was Innocent.
48 hours for night actions.

The townspeople woke to the sounds of screaming from Detective Gumshoe's apartment. When the local authorities went to investigate this disturbance, Gumshoe was nowhere to be found. No traces of blood were found anywhere, and nothing appeared to be damaged or taken out of place. A written note was left on the kitchen countertop, next to stacks of case files and newspapers. The note simply read "Say goodbye to your precious detective."

hopeandjoy is dead. She was Innocent.
48 hours for discussion.

Ooh, I can't believe what an idiot I was. My gut instincts were wrong. Because now, our vig and our inspector is dead!

But I don't think I'm wrong now. After thinking through every possibility, I think I know who the mafia is.

See, my oracle question was "Has the last remaining mafia member currently alive claimed watcher/tracker/whatever it's called?" My result came back as "no", which means that Alligates is not mafia.

So, realistically, we have two suspects. I liek Squirtles and Majora. If we go by Alligates's claim, then we know that ILS bodyguarded Zexion on n4, since, y'know, he's not dead, and neither am I.

The last day phase, if you recall, I mentioned that my oracle question for n4 was "Is there a mayor currently alive in the game?", and I got back "yes". So that was confirmation of Majora's role, but not his alignment. It may sound farfetched, but I think he's really a mafia mayor, if such a thing exists.

But first things first. Superbird, who did you roleblock? And Alligates, this entire theory is on the assumption that you really are a watcher (my question confirmed your alignment, but not exactly your role), so if you aren't, please say so. There's no reason at all for an innocent to lie about it at this point.

Uh... Right. I'm going to go ahead and say I'm not mafia, haha. Go ahead and kill me; you'll be one step closer to losing. As the Oracle, can you ask if the mafia has claimed as mayor? I think we should all wait at least a day to get a bit more information before we go so far as to lynch anyone. You're working on a hunch, and those haven't proved insofar to be completely accurate.

I blocked Alligates last night, and there was still a mafia kill. I would consider Alligates to be cleared from suspicion at this point.

Waiting kills us, Majora. If we wait one more day, then there's a huge chance that Zexion and I will die, and we'll be left with a bodyguard, a watcher, an innocent child, a supposed roleblocker, and a supposed mayor.

If you're not mafia, then the only other suspect would be Superbird as a mafia copier/roleblocker, which seems pretty farfetched. But, then again, TPP mafia had a mafia roleblocker. Hrm...

Regardless, I'm not going to be hasty in voting. We still need Alligates's claim before doing anything.

Well, there goes our probably-a-vig and inspector. Yes, I am a tracker; last night I tried to track Majora, but apparently Superbird blocked me, so I didn't get a result.

re: Flavor, "Say goodbye to your precious ____", "Say goodbye to your precious Doctor" comes as the first Google result. So, some suspicion could be cast upon I liek Squirtles as a Doctor Who character. No blood = ? Other clues: note was written, screaming was heard, Gumshoe appears to have vanished.

I'm going to tentatively abstain; I know it's pretty early in the day to vote, but I want to wait for DarkAura to oracle Majora's/ILS's alignment tomorrow night.
However, we could ALSO kill one or the other, and if that person isn't mafia block the other one tonight and lynch them tomorrow. Which is probably a better idea, but eh I'll abstain for now.

Well, let's look at the list of living players and their claims:
Majora: Freddie Mercury, the mayor. Proved to be mayor by DarkAura.
I liek Squirtles: Commander Strax, the bodyguard.
Superbird: Kirby, the copier-turned-roleblocker.
Whirlpool: Firestar, the guaranteed innocent child. Proved to be innocent by VM.
Zexion: France, the lover.
DarkAura: Espurr, the oracle and chosen lover of Zexion.
Alligates: Professor Layton, the tracker. Proved to not be mafia by DarkAura.

Of these people, the only person COMPLETELY cleared of suspicion is Whirlpool, as an innocent child. The ones who can be REASONABLY cleared of suspicion are DarkAura (provided useful information to town, could not have coordinated with another mafia member to set up the lovers thing UNLESS Zexion is mafia), Zexion (why would DarkAura hide the fact that they are mafia?), Superbird (I was blocked last night, and there is only one mafia member so he could not have coordinated with a prostitute) and myself (I was blocked and there was still a mafia kill; Wargle seems to have been our vig, so). People left to be reasonably suspicious of, as DarkAura has said, are I liek Squirtles and Majora.

I'm not sure whether we should vote ILS or Majora, or abstain and wait for confirmation. I'm leaning towards the first, but I want to hear what others have to say - If somehow the block ends up failing and mafia gets to kill the lovers AND the person we lynch is not mafia, town can still win 3-1 (7 persons left, 1 out of them is mafia.)

I'd rather lynch, honestly. At least then, we might win with more of us alive.

Here's what I propose we do. Lynch Majora, then, if he isn't mafia, Superbird roleblocks ILS. If there is no death, we lynch ILS on the next day phase. If there is a death, it can safely be assumed that Superbird is a mafia roleblocker. All agree?

That seems wise, but I'll wait until others have commented to vote.

I like that idea. Although my role isn't roleblocker. It's copier, of the first person to die, which was Butterfree. Even if the mafia were to die first, I would think that I wouldn't have copied alignment too.

Zexion (why would DarkAura hide the fact that they are mafia?)

This actually brings up a pretty good point, as lovers have a separate win condition from the rest of the innocents: their goal is to be the last ones remaining, regardless of their alignment. Theoretically, DarkAura could be playing the long con and hiding the fact that Zexion is mafia so they can have their own lover-win.

wait i lied Zexion would have to be a mafia lover in order for that to work never mind (unless DA is secretly not an oracle?)

Waiting does kill us, but isn't it six to one right now? You seem to have it narrowed down to two, waiting won't kill us all. There's no need to aimlessly lynch when we can get a clear answer a different way.

Waiting doesn't kill us all, but it does kill one or two more innocents than if we don't wait.

And Whirlpool, yes, we have to stay alive until the end. But to get to the end, the mafia have to be defeated. So while we don't necessarily have the same win conditions as the rest of you, getting rid of the mafia is our common goal.

Now then, if we're all in agreement, I say we lynch. Majora. Sorry, but it's either you or ILS, and Alligates gave some evidence that he's really a bodyguard.

I understand the suspicion leveraged against me that I am the remaining Mafia member. However, how can one such as I leave behind such a pitiful and cowardly crime scene? Glorious gore is 'where it's at', as you Earth children say. Furthermore, the Silence said that... I am clearly a Sontaran, and I have nothing to do with that despicable

Whirlpool, there is very little reason for DA to not be Oracle. She's provided information that would be otherwise unavailable to the town; not even the mafia would have access to it. The Mafia can't find a creature's alignment, unless our overseer was very bastard with the Mafia. Having such a role would make them super overpowered, pointing them towards who they should kill.

DA, alignment of a creature concerns the game's setup, yes?

OOC: I was pretty bastard with that Mafia Roleblocker in TPP Mafia. She'd roll town if inspected... It's completely possible that there could be one here. However, I'm abstaining.

Back
Top Bottom