• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fandom Mafia 4 [Game]

Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey,
one is always aware that it lies in wait.
Though life is merely a journey to the grave,
it must not be undertaken without hope.
Only then will a traveler’s story live on,
treasured by those who bid him farewell.
But alas, now Superbird's life has ended,
his tale left unwritten…
Is this a Persona thing? That's what comes up when I google the first line. Does everyone pretty much agree it's probably just flavor? Or am I missing something in it that could be a hint?

It was a black note book. Insied of the book was writen two names... Zero Moment and Superbird!

The town gasped. What does it mean?
Sure sounds like it means someone on the scum team (the don, if there's a don?) has Death Note as their flavor. Unless I missed someone while rereading the thread, that would point only to Nira, no?

Is this a Persona thing? That's what comes up when I google the first line. Does everyone pretty much agree it's probably just flavor? Or am I missing something in it that could be a hint?

It's just flavor; I looked up the entire thing, and it's just something Igor says when you die in Persona.

Sure sounds like it means someone on the scum team (the don, if there's a don?) has Death Note as their flavor. Unless I missed someone while rereading the thread, that would point only to Nira, no?

Either that or someone's lying about their identity. But I admit the first option is more likely. And speaking of the thread, I'll update the list accordingly.

Nira: Near, Death Note
Flora: Neku Sakuraba, The World Ends With You
ILS: Dipper Pines, Gravity Falls
DarkAura: Chat Noir, Miraculous Ladybug
JackPK: Ned Stark, A Song of Ice and Fire
Stryke: Mega Man, Mega Man 2
Superbird: Igor, Persona series
Zero Moment: ???, Dark Souls 3
Faorzia: Terra Branford, Final Fantasy VI
MD: Curly Brace, Cave Story
MF: Colias Palaeno, Ace Attorney Investigations
Wargle: Gabriel Reyes/Reaper, Overwatch
hopeandjoy: ???, Gintama
Autumn: Sebastian Debeste, Ace Attorney Investigations 2

yo guys, turns out i have real informations

so last night superbird contacted me, saying he could speak out of thread with some people, and he asked me for some info

I told him that i targeted the same person for the past two nights, but sadly I couldn't remember who :( I've been so wrapped up in this program that i've completely forgotten who im targetting

yeah, it really does seem that way. i've been framed, apparently. i'd plead my innocence but i think we should be wary about accepting hints that are that heavy-handed in the first place. i feel like it should be obvious to everyone that VM wouldn't reveal who the mafia is that blithely; i assure you i'm town! unfortunately i still have no leads.

so last night superbird contacted me, saying he could speak out of thread with some people, and he asked me for some info

I told him that i targeted the same person for the past two nights, but sadly I couldn't remember who :( I've been so wrapped up in this program that i've completely forgotten who im targetting
... You can't remember what you've been doing this whole game!? That's so audacious that it has to be true! Hehehe! Well, your information at least gives us a pretty good idea of what Superbird's role was. Could be useful to know.

yeah, it really does seem that way. i've been framed, apparently. i'd plead my innocence but i think we should be wary about accepting hints that are that heavy-handed in the first place. i feel like it should be obvious to everyone that VM wouldn't reveal who the mafia is that blithely; i assure you i'm town! unfortunately i still have no leads.
Hmm. Well, it does seem highly unlikely that the flavor would point out the killer straightforwardly. But on the other hand, it's too specific to just be a fluke, so I bet it means something...

i feel like it should be obvious to everyone that VM wouldn't reveal who the mafia is that blithely

Yes, hence why I just asked instead of boldfacing a vote immediately. Perhaps we have another scum role that can broadcast things, like in the last game I ran... or maybe it's related to who you targeted somehow? Did you happen to target either of them on either night?

ILS, surely you can check your "sent messages"? (Unless you don't have the forums set to save them; goodness knows my inbox/outbox are getting full enough that if I keep playing/running mafia games, I'll have to do a mass delete soon.)

sent messages are a thing in this forum? I just assumed that tcod didn't have it, bc I don't think I have it in my panel either.

(also death flavor that I understand for once! do you know how frustrating the persona deaths are. bc there are enemies with instakill spells and they actually hit and you die. i hate that poem)

sent messages are a thing in this forum? I just assumed that tcod didn't have it, bc I don't think I have it in my panel either.
Yup! It's not a sidebar option like a lot of forums; from your main private messaging page, there's a "Jump to folder" dropdown menu toward the top-center. From there, you can get to your sent messages (if you've been saving them; iirc the default is not to, and you have to opt-in somewhere in your preferences (or you can check the box for each individual message, but that's tedious)).

To enable the Sent Folder:

Go to your User CP --> Click Edit Options on the sidebar --> Look at the Private Messaging section --> Check "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default"

It's probably a good idea to do that ILS, since you had the same problem in the last fandom mafia:
I had forgotten that I actually did. I forfeited my nights most actions and got confused. Later, I PM'd VM and asked him if I actually did send it in, and he replied by quoting what I sent him.

So, uh, are we just gonna neither lynch nor vote to abstain nor talk at all?

Flora, DarkAura, MF, hopeandjoy, none of you have talked today. Nobody has any input?

I guess I'll be the one to bite.

No one else so far has mentioned anything similar to this. Not meaning ILS is lying, but even after he shared, no one else popped in to say "me too". So either some of the inactive people are who he visited, or people are intentionally withholding it. (Or Superbird could have not talked to anyone the first two nights, but that seems unlikely to me)

Did he share anything at all to you? Just pm'ed you saying he could, then asked for info?

Still unable to make a move, the townspeople retired to their beds for the night. They would not sleep easy, however, knowing that more deaths were soon to come.

No one was lynched.
48 hours for night actions.

The townspeople woke up to a series of screams and loud noises coming from outside. When they hurried out to the town square, there was another crater where something huge had slammed into the Earth. This time, however, there was a trail of blood leading from the center.

A man was trembling with fear on the other side of the plaza. Some of the townspeople ran over to ask him questions. "Did you see what happened?" a woman asked.

"R... Rei... Rei Ayanami... she..." the man trailed off.

"Did you see who attacked her?" another man asked.

The man shook his head. "Something big just appeared.... and then disappeared... Rei was crushed... and..." the man had a lot of difficulty getting the words out "...she then started dragging herself towards NERV Headquarters."

Just then, the ground started shaking. Several Mass Production Eva units flew up into the sky, and an enormous white figure rose up, towering above the whole town.

"It's... started..." the witness muttered while shaking.

"What is? What's started? Tell me!" a man from the town shouted.

"The Human Instrumentality Project... SEELE's plan... to initiate the Third Impact"

The giant rose up and followed the Eva units into the Earth's exosphere. It then linked with them to create an enormous planet-wide Anti A.T. field that started to dissolve all its inhabitants into the primordial ooze of LCL. The souls of all the people on Earth were absorbed into the Egg of Lillith as everyone lost their physical forms.

As all of the souls merged into a single, complemented existence, the enormous white Lillith grew to roughly the size of the Earth and cradled the Egg in its hands. One human, a humble snake enthusiast, was singled out from this collective consciousness and given control. Would he accept this new form? The fate of humanity was hanging in the balance.

hopeandjoy has died. She was TOWN.

Human Instrumentality has been achieved. ONLY THE GM MAY POST IN THREAD. In order to discuss or vote, players must send a PM of their message to the GM, and it will be published anonymously. You may submit as many messages as you want, but directly posting in thread will result in a modkill.

You have around 72 hours for discussion.

Human Instrumentality is an Evangelion thing, right? Nobody has claimed an Evangelion flavor, so is it more likely that someone's lying or that this is an aspect of the game unrelated to roles?

Well, thi$ i$ fun wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee intere$ting.... I gue$$ Rei Ayanami, the character mentioned in the flavor text, i$ a main character the Evangelion $erie$, which mean$ hopeandjoy lied about her role... oh well, nothing we can do about it now. $he probably activated thi$ power upon her death. $ince no one can $ay anything important without the lingering po$$ibility that the per$on i$n't who they $ay they are, all we can really do i$ lynch someone. Any idea$ on who?

Back
Top Bottom