• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Final Fantasy

But that's the whole point of V. IT'S MORPHIN' TIME, MAN D:

Am I allowed to shoot all SephyCloudFan9000s? :|
V at least doesn't try to take itself seriously, but the whole series is pretty ridiculous and FFX in particular focuses a lot on trying to be serious business.

Shoot 'm. If they get up again, then SHOOT THEM AGAIN.
Steal my FFIX if you want. That thing is way too dang hard for me.
... buh? I didn't have any difficulty with it, although I only got up to some point in disc 3 because my copy sucks pretty badly.
I didn't dislike FFIII that much, but I was very sick and semiconscious the whole time I was playing it.
It was pretty godawful. Dunno how the original compares, but the remake was pretty bad. Ridiculously unbalanced classes (why use BMs if you had a Geomancer? Why use warriors/knights at all when you had Monks?); penalties for changing classes which kind of makes it a bad idea to switch between them; glitches for item duplication that were more or less necessary to get through the game at points; artificially difficult dungeons; lack of saving inside of a dungeon so you'd have to go through each one twice and hope that you didn't wipe against the boss (and if you did, you'd have to clear through it AGAIN); non-intuitive ending sequence (y halo thar Cloud of Darkness).... Ugh.
I've played VII, IX, XII, and Tactics Advance. Also some of DoC and X-2, but I didn't really care for those. :\

I dunno, I really like the first four I mentioned, even though VII's fanbase is about fifty times more 'oh god' than the others. D: IX and XII are probably my favorites.
I don't remember VII enough to say whether it was good or bad. I think I liked it, but the graphics are godawful and I want to hit anyone who says they were good for their time. HINT: they were really bad in comparison to other games then, too. IX, XII, and TA are pretty awesome though! Why does Tactics Advance not have a fandom...? Dirge of Cerebus is a game where you fight against the controller to not die while staring at Vincent's ass. I don't think it has another reason for existence. Never played X-2 so can't say anything about that.

VII's fanbase is pretty freaking awful, yeah. Haven't ventured into the others but saw some neat stuff while looking for Kingdom Hearts fanfic. Can't find FFTA's fandom.

I've only completed VII, VIII, X and X-2, but own all of the main series ones but IV and XI.
I've also got Tactics, Crystal Chronicles, Revenant Wings, Chocobo Tales, Dirge of Cerberus and have played a fair bit of Crisis Core.

I love X the best, I think, and my favourite characters are Vivi, Selphie, Freya and Cid in VII and XII I think.

Favourite thing about the FFs? The music, I reckon. Some of the characters are good, but others are so horribly cliché I want to hit something. The plots normally have a few twists and turns and the battle system is normally fun (good lord, it took me so long to get the hang of junctioning in VIII x.x).

Oh, and VII's fanbse is heavenly compared to VIII's. There are a few decent VII fics buried among the mountins shockingly awful ones. 99% of VIII fics involve Quistis either cutting herself or being abused by Seifer O.o

the series on the whole is pretty good. formulaic and predictable, as well as v corny, but it's fun at least.
Like Pokemon? :D

Oh, I almost forgot. I also have X-2 and Dirge of Cerberus. Eh, don't play them much though. That is why I don't buy spin-offs often.

I dunno, I really like the first four I mentioned, even though VII's fanbase is about fifty times more 'oh god' than the others. D:

FFVII's fanbase is annoyingly large. (And also annoying!) I just don't get why so many people like it. I mean, I think it's a cool game and all, but WHY is it the most popular FF? What makes FFVII so special? So many other games deserve that title.

Oh, I almost forgot. I also have X-2 and Dirge of Cerberus. Eh, don't play them much though. That is why I don't buy spin-offs often.

X-2 is technically not a spin-off.

FFVII's fanbase is annoyingly large. (And also annoying!) I just don't get why so many people like it. I mean, I think it's a cool game and all, but WHY is it the most popular FF? What makes FFVII so special? So many other games deserve that title.

It's the first one most people played. That's simple enough, really. V was the first one I finished, and it's my favourite, yet, it's one of the least popular FF games overall.

Like Pokemon? :D
Nah, Pokemon doesn't pretend to actually be something new, plot-wise, each game. Final Fantasy does.
because sephiroth is shirtless in the final battle

Hmm, I suppose FFX-2 wouldn't technically be a spin-off, since it does continue the story of an FF part of the main series.

Ah, he was shirtless, I forgot about that. And I suppose we could take into account the size of Tifa's breasts, plus the fact that most people played it for the first time, and my calculations say... Huge fanbase. That does make sense.

Favourite thing about the FFs? The music, I reckon. Some of the characters are good, but others are so horribly cliché I want to hit something. The plots normally have a few twists and turns and the battle system is normally fun (good lord, it took me so long to get the hang of junctioning in VIII x.x).

Oh God, Junctioning confused me at first. Took me two playthroughs to know what the hell I was doing.

V at least doesn't try to take itself seriously, but the whole series is pretty ridiculous and FFX in particular focuses a lot on trying to be serious business.

That's why I like V. It actually tickles something in my heart I don't know what but it tingles help.

Shoot 'm. If they get up again, then SHOOT THEM AGAIN

Will do~

.... buh? I didn't have any difficulty with it, although I only got up to some point in disc 3 because my copy sucks pretty badly.

I don't remember struggling too much playing it as a seven-year-old *shrug!*

It was pretty godawful. Dunno how the original compares, but the remake was pretty bad. Ridiculously unbalanced classes (why use BMs if you had a Geomancer?

They were even more unbalanced in the original. Sage/Ninja much?

Why use warriors/knights at all when you had Monks?);

Knight > Monk for me, though Blackbelt is pretty cool. Warrior is pointless since Red Mage does everything it can't (except lolable Advance).

penalties for changing classes which kind of makes it a bad idea to switch between them

IIRC, this was also in the original, and it's all formulated. You can easily get like 0-2 penalty rounds and you can just run from a fight and it still counts.

glitches for item duplication that were more or less necessary to get through the game at points

Bwuh? Item duplication? Not aware; not necessary.

artificially difficult dungeons; lack of saving inside of a dungeon so you'd have to go through each one twice and hope that you didn't wipe against the boss (and if you did, you'd have to clear through it AGAIN);

Again, not in original. Also the only bossses I've ever lost to are the Giant Rat and Iron Giant :\ III's really not that hard.

non-intuitive ending sequence (y halo thar Cloud of Darkness).... Ugh.

Agreeable there.

I don't remember VII enough to say whether it was good or bad. I think I liked it, but the graphics are godawful and I want to hit anyone who says they were good for their time. HINT: they were really bad in comparison to other games then, too.

Yeah, really, they weren't that good. Plenty of N64 games had better graphics.

IX, XII, and TA are pretty awesome though! Why does Tactics Advance not have a fandom...?

It's there. It's invisible, but it's there.

Dirge of Cerebus is a game where you fight against the controller to not die while staring at Vincent's ass. I don't think it has another reason for existence.

Hence why I don't have it.

Never played X-2 so can't say anything about that.

Neither have I, but I have a feeling people give it slightly less credit than what it's worth.

VII's fanbase is pretty freaking awful, yeah. Haven't ventured into the others but saw some neat stuff while looking for Kingdom Hearts fanfic. Can't find FFTA's fandom.

I can't find V fandom ; ;

Where is FFTA's fandom? I can't find it either. :(

I couldn't find XII's fandom for a while either, but that's because I got it when it was new. A few months later I go looking again and there's a fanlisting for the shipping of all the lead characters together at once. Wow.

FFVII, I loved the story, obsessed over it when I first played it, and I still think it's a great game, but it's being milked for all it's worth (apparently there's some other spin-off with angel people now?) and Sephiroth fans who tattoo Sephiroth on their backs and/or have sex with him on the astral plane are starting to scare me.

DoC's controls pissed me off too much and it just wasn't a very interesting game to me. I didn't get far.

X-2 is... decent.
The main plot is... not good, but the Lenne/Shuyin sub-plot is quite fun, and Shuyin is a better villian than some of the other stuff the FFs have come up with.

Only 3 party members, none with a particularly brilliant personality (Yuna: Let's go help people! Rikku: :D! Paine: *emo*), but the music's good (Yuna sings the song 1000 Words, which is a really pretty song, in a stunning FMV cutscene... for no reason. You spend an entire story level trying to save the world by singing them a song) and I love the dressphere system (even though I hate the idea of girls needing pretty clothes so they can sing and dance (and in the case of Thieves, wear next to nothing) to defeat their enimies! :D) and it's just fun. Not brilliant, but great fun. Perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon :3

dooon't feel like quoting things but

I had some difficulty in III, mainly because various bosses had way too much HP. I think my main issue with needing item duplication was that it was altogether too difficult to find phoenix downs, but I dunno. It's been over a year since I played it.

Where's FFTA fandom? :[

All I've seen of FFV fandom is a fanfic by voodoobob. and I just spent the last few minutes looking for that so I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY >:|

As for XII, I will say Balthier is my favorite character, if only for how he whistles for the water during Tides of Fate, and how he will sometimes say "Heads up!" before the water lands.

I loved Vaan as soon as I heard his voice.

HAY BUCKETHEAD.

Also, with a name like Basch fon Ronsenberg, what's not to love?

I hated Vaan for most of the game. I started liking him a bit after meeting the Garif and he was actually fairly decent around Sochen Cave Palace, but I wanted to slap him so much before that. "I'M CAPTAIN BASCH FON RONSENBERG OF DALMASCA!"

I loved that bit of the game so much. My friend and I spent the next day running around town yelling "BASCH LIVES!" at each other.

baschlives.png

^ *icon for everything*

I suppose I like Ashe the best out of the FFXIII bunch.

But I really haven't gotten that far through the game yet, so I have yet to make an opinion on most of the characters.

Back
Top Bottom