• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fire, Earth, Air and Water

((Oh, wait, yeah. I forgot.))
What? Shaking her head, Cyra realized that she wasn't on Fire's side! How forgetful of her! She banged her head against a tree. Stupid, stupid... she was so angry that the clouds came together and darkened. She screeched loudly in frustration.

Seeing as the air spirit didn't notice Istar, even though he had screeched as high as he could, he stopped in mid-air, thinking of what he should do next.

Then, a loud woosh, and a bang.

Istar's wing shoulder burned with pain, he screeched and landed on the ground. His wing wasn't hurt, but the shoulder was red and painful.

Istar looked around, searching for the creature who did it when he spotted a laughing earth spirit. It was formed as a lizard, almost as big as a truck, it was green with gray spots. It's tail held a big, bulky stone.

"You'll pay!" Istar roared and soared up in the air again, knowing that the spirit couldn't follow him there. Now he saw how and what he had been hit with. The lizard threw the stone towards Istar, but now Istar was prepared, and quickly ducked.

The wyvern dove down towards the earth spirit again, readying a dose of poison in his mouth. Before the lizard could react, it was blinded by the venom. It roared in pain and started rampaging, stomping other spirits.

Istar changed to an elf and smirked.

Dyfro saw an earth spirit in the form of a lizard being hit by a mass of venom. The spitit began to stampede, putting spirits on both sides in danger.

Dyfro rushed up to it and blasted it's eye's with water to clear the venom, and then moved a spirit which had been knoked into the path of the rampaging lizard

((Sorry Bakuphoon, I didn't notice your post. please feel free to attack Zephyr again.))

Zephyr narrowly dodged the lightning hot by the Thunder Spirit, but a couple of sparks did hit him, sending a jarring, hot pain around his body. Twitching, he circled towards the ground where he could see an Earth Spirit in the form of a lizard, which was running around and roaring in apparent pain, hurting a few other spirits. He looked closely and saw blotches of venom covering its face.

"We need a Swamp Spirit," he muttered to himself, "They'd be able to-" but suddenly a jet of water hit the lizard, removing a lot of the acidic, poison liquid.

Istar's smirk faded as a water spirit washed the venom away. "You dare..." He muttered and took two sharp arrows from his bag on his back. "But nevermind," he strung his bow, the arrows in it. "It won't matter." He released his grip on the string, and the two arrows flew through the air, both heading for the earth spirit's eyes.

"Haha."

"Oh no you don't," whispered Zephyr, and that whisper whistled through the air at a high speed, increasing in power until it became a small tornado. The twister wrapped itself around the two arrows just as they were about to pierce the lizard's eyes and carried them back towards the rebel Air Spirit, both pointing straight at the elf-like creature's heart.

"Ugh." Istar said, and tried jumping out of the way. He dodged one of the arrows, but the other one pierced his right shoulder, the same one the rock had hit.

"Argh. God damn it, now I won't be able to shoot nor fly..." He muttered to himself, and swiftly pulled the arrow out. "Gnn..." He looked at the wound. The arrow hadn't wounded him that bad, but it surely hurt and looked bad. He carefully touched it, but it hurt so much he pulled back his hand.

"This is YOUR fault!" The elf suddenly changed shape to a wyvern again. He flapped his wings, but to no use, his shoulder hurt too much.

Istar roared and shot a big blob of poison from his mouth towards Zephyr.

Zephyr saw the oncoming venom and transformed himself into pure wind, catching the liquid and carrying it forward - but then he realised that as the venom was caught in him, there would be no way to get rid of it. Bracing himself, he transformed back to his usual form and felt a burning, searing pain all over his body, slowly carving at his skin and making him shout in agony. He turned in the air and shot towards a small stream, deliberately crashing into it and disturbing a few small fish. He lay spread-eagled in the shallow water with only his face protruding, breathing heavily as the remnants of the venom floated of, yet the pain was still in there. A large amount of the light purple robe he wore had been burned off, and underneath those burns were raw red wounds.

He opened his eyes and saw the Wyvern on the ground nearby. He pleaded, prayed to the great North Wind, asked why the Spirit had joined Fire's side.

Last edited:
(( He's not flying. Err... I think I wasn't clear enough with that his shoulder hurt to much for him to fly, so he's bound to the ground for some time now. ))

Istar laughed at the air spirit in the water, but then he was pushed forward by something and fell on the ground. The wyvern got on his feet and turned to see the large lizard that he had beat up some time ago.

"You again?" Istar said and shot another blob of venom towards it's eyes, but it quickly dodged and bashed it's head into Istar's stomach. After the wyvern had fallen, the lizard pressed it's feet against Istar's chest. "Oof!" Istar managed to say before he laid on the ground, helpless and unable to catch his breath.

((Ah. Sorry. I'll edit it.))

Zephyr floated painfully over to the fallen Wyvern. "Why have you turned against the Winds?" he asked, still stinging all over. "What do the fiery ones have that attract you to them?"

He gazed sorrowfully at Istar, his eyes full of not hatred, not anger, but pity.

As Mark sent out another ping of echolocation, he was seized by a tingling feeling, not on the dolphin's skin, but in his very essence. As the wave of sonar arrived to its source, Mark deduced that the blob, which was now clearly a whale of some sort, was not only a spirit, but, judging by the power of the feeling with which he had been struck, a fellow Water Spirit. Increasing the speed at which he was traveling, Mark sent out several clicks and squeals in Porpoise towards the other spirit. He said something along the lines of, "What are you doing out here?"

((Orcas are dolphins, not whales... but oh well.))

"What are you doing?" Bubble clicked back. "What's your name?"

Judging by the shape of the echo, the Spirit was definitely a dolphin or porpoise of some sort.

Istar growled lowly at the air spirit.

"The fire... it will always be with me, good or bad. The fire spirits lended me a hand when I was in need, when I was suffering. What happened is none of your business..." He said with difficulty, as the earth spirit laid more weight on his front feet. "Urg..." He groaned and searched the surrounding area for help when he spotted one of the fire spirits.

The wyvern roared to get it's attention, "I need assistance!" The fire spirit turned and noticed Istar, but ignored him.
"I'm on... your -urgh- side!" Istar had serious problems breathing now. He gasped and coughed, wriggling and moving under the feet of the earth spirit.

But the fire spirit just flew away to fight an air spirit shaped like a giant, vicious butterfly.

Zephyr continued to gaze at Istar. He bit his lower lip and looked down at the ground. After a moment, he raised his vision to look the Earth lizard in the eye.

"Please, release him," he said quietly. He couldn't just let a fellow servant of the Wind die before his eyes. He'd only seen that once before, and had hated the sighing sound as the Spirit had turned into weak wind and dissipated...

He wouldn't let it happen again.

As Mark reached what he could now see was an oddly-colored Killer Whale, or orca, he changed from the semblance of a streaked bottlenose into a merboy with brown hair and oceanic eyes, and, still in fluent Porpoise, replied," Well, I am usually known as Mark, but my real name is Hippocampus. I am look ing for, erm, something. I might be persuaded to tell you more if you will do the same." Flipping his long, scaly tail up and then down, Mark powered himself into what would be a sitting position, if he had legs.

((Hmm. In your first post it says air spirits, but you say wind...))

Istar stared at the air spirit, so did the earth spirit, before it slowly removed it's feet.

Istar's lounges were pleased when they filled up with air again. He panted, and said, "I suppose I owe you one." He looked at the fellow air spirit. "My name is Istàr-Enhtes, but it is Istar to my enemies and friends." He transformed to an elf archer again and looked at his wound, it hurt more, and was probably poisoned, as he usually poisoned the arrow tips on his arrows, then he nodded to the boy with no legs.

"I'm going to go get this stitched up, if you don't mind." With that he started to walk towards the remaining forest, where he would find healing herbs. "Or else, I won't be able to fight you again, haha."

Last edited:
Fade was confused. Whose side was which, he asked himself, before releasing ball lightning at the center of the battlefield.

Cyra caused it to rain, giving the Fire spirits a disadvantage. Then the rain turned to hail, which pelted the enemies.

"ARK!"

Fade yelped as he was struck by various hailstones. He thwacked his tail at one, smashing it to pieces.

((Hmm. In your first post it says air spirits, but you say wind...))

((Wind is air, when you think about it. In this case, they're virtually synonymous))

Zephyr watched Istàr-Enhtes' back as the elf wandered into the forest. He frowned, and turned back to the battle. There was ball lightning and hailstones falling from the sky, so Zephyr created a whirlwind around himself to repel the hail and tried to avoid the lightning as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom