• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Friend Safari 2.0

I will catch it.
Her new name is Robbie Rotten.
(Also, my chimchar is not an anorith, thank you ery much.)

Cynder:
You may indeed.

Slowly swimming over to the Wartortle, you tap the ball to its arm, and in it goes. Satisfied with your deep sea diving adventure, you jump out of the water, change out of your wetsuit, and get a KAYAK! Within minutes, you are kayaking over the open seas on a new WETventure (I'm not sorry). Scanning for potential new monsters, you spot a flurry of splashing. You paddle over there, only to find a regular female Poliwagpoliwag.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 2
Caught Pokemon: Frogadier (Male), Marshtomp (Female), Jellicent (Female), Golett (Genderless), Shuppet (Female), Phantump (Male), Kricketune (Female), Yanma (Female), Surskit (Female), Joltik (Male), Plusle (Female), Chinchou (Female), Mudkip (Male), Clamperl (Female)
Obtained Items: Shiny Goggles, Ground Gem, Dusk Stone, Silver Powder, Electric Gem, Water Gem
Partner Pokemon: Anorith

RedneckPhoenix:
Maybe not now, but with his magic spell... MWAHAHAHA(thanks for letting me know, it shall be remedied)HAHAHA.

Seizing the opportunity to catch your first Pokemon, you get all FIRED up (still not sorry) lob a ball straight at it, and in it goes. You decide to give it a totally dank name, and then you continue to look for more Pokemon to meme. Your wish is granted when off in the distance, you see a male Fletchlingfletchling flitting about in the sky.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 10
Caught Pokemon: N/A
Obtained Items: Shiny Goggles
Partner Pokemon: Chimchar

(Fun fact, Phoenix: when I rolled for your shiny chance, the number that came up was 420. It appears the memes are your destiny...)

RedneckPhoenix:
Wow, you're right... sorry again!! (Also, when I was rolling for your Pokemon and stuff, I got 3 6's in a row... what could this mean)

Thinking nothing of it, you continue on through the brutal heat when you see a pair of ears sticking out from a pit in the sand. Looking in it, you see a small male Fennekinfennekin, sleeping soundly.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 9
Caught Pokemon: N/A

Holy fuck catch that shit
Name him Snoop Foxx
And ride the meme unicycle to the Dark Zone

RedneckPhoenix:
Gosh dang it, I really need to stop forgetting about this place.
Next time, if I don't post for more than 3 days, poke me.

Grinning, you tap the button of the Safari Ball, and the Fennekin goes in. You decide to meme it once more, and ride your metaphorical meme unicycle to the trolley, so you can head to the non-metaphorical Dark Zone.

Stepping off of the trolley, you can instantly tell that its pitch-black everywhere, too black to make out any of your surroundings. Everywhere, that is, except for the lanterns illuminating a narrow gravel path, spaced out just far enough so that you can see the next one when you're at one, but theres still a fairly large patch of black in between. The path leads to... wherever, as you can't even make out the end of the path. If it even ends, that is. All around you, weird noises that make you want to run and hide are sounding off in all directions. You feel yourself frozen with fear, but you, press on regardless. However, you are grateful for your Chimchars flame to light up the way just a bit more.

Taking your first steps along the darkened road, when you hear a sharp caw. Shortly thereafter, a large female Murkrowmurkrow swoops down from above, right at your face.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 8
Caught Pokemon: Houndour (Female), Fennekin (Male)

No.
And I'm gonna keep switchin zones to make you describe them.
Go to the ghost zone.
And take the literal meme unicycle.
O shit waddup.

And I need to actually reply.

I'll pass on the Poliwag.

(Also, my Anorith evolved during the break.)

Last edited:
Cynder:
Eh, its fine! And yeaaaaaaah, I need to get that fixed.

KAYAKing away from the boring ol' Polliwog, you head off in the other direction. Things start to get pretty boring after that... only a mere female Buizelbuizel to tide you over.

What will you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 1
Caught Pokemon: Frogadier (Male), Marshtomp (Female), Jellicent (Female), Golett (Genderless), Shuppet (Female), Phantump (Male), Kricketune (Female), Yanma (Female), Surskit (Female), Joltik (Male), Plusle (Female), Chinchou (Female), Mudkip (Male), Clamperl (Female)
Obtained Items: Shiny Goggles, Ground Gem, Dusk Stone, Silver Powder, Electric Gem, Water Gem
Partner Pokemon: Armaldo

RedneckPhoenix:
Gosh dang it.
At least pick zones I haven't described before
Otherwise I might copy/paste :^)
And you have no literal meme unicycle
Take the meme trolley instead.

Deciding that you'd give this zone a large NOPE, you run as fast as you can to the (meme) trolley, and hit the first button you see. Unfortunately for your stressed nerves, you end up hitting the button for the Ghost zone...

Stepping off the (meme) trolley, the first thing you notice is that the sky is really dark, so dark that it appears to be night, though you could've sworn it was only the afternoon. Twisted gnarled trees that look like they were sprouted with no leaves line the dull dirt path you're on, forming a dense, creepy forest. Up on a large hilltop, a huge, eerie mansion stands lookout over the area. It's fairly foggy, and the light gray ominous clouds limit your vision. Behind you is the faithful (meme) trolley, its headlights piercing the darkness. Lightning strikes the mansion, even though theres no storm, and sends a chill down your spine, which doesn't help your nerves. Speaking of which, at this point, the same female Gastlygastly that scared the trainer before you (although you'd have no way of knowing this) began to silently appear behind you. All of a sudden, you hear a large scream from behind, and you get so scared that you faint. When you come to, you see the Gastly, laughing at you and your reaction.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 8
Caught Pokemon: Houndour (Female), Fennekin (Male)

I ain't afraid of no ghost.
Goddamnit Stryke, if I don't have a meme unicycle, then i'll make a damn meme unicycle.
Use thst rubber tree over there, and that iron-rich rock over there, and the supplies in the abandoned, haunted unicycle over there... and infuse it with the power of memes!

Oh, when i said i wasnt fraid of no ghost, i meant catch it and name it Vape.

Last edited:
Cynder:
At this point, you are SO BORED. There hasn't been a Pokemon around, except for... could it be? Yes! Theres a single Pokemon, a lone male Dewpiderdewpider, skimming across the water.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 1

RedneckPhoenix:
Oh very well.
I hope you know how to make a unicycle
And ride it.

Summoning all your courage, you lob your Safari Ball straight at its face. It goes in instantly, and you smirk. After that, you decide you want a (meme) unicycle, so you somehow make one, because I guess you can, and hop on and start riding it, because somehow I guess you can. Unicycling down the path, you're feeling pretty dank, when your unicycle hits a bump, and you skid off of it. Your unicycle skids off into a conveniently unicycle sized pit, where it falls, never to be seen again, because the universe has something against you owning a (meme) unicycle. You look back up at the bump that caused the loss of your (meme) unicycle, and staring back at you is a female Sandygastsandygast, with a blank expression on its face.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 7
Caught Pokemon: Houndour (Female), Fennekin (Male), Gastly (Female)

Grab the sandyghast, name it MR. KRABS, and dive down the hole.
That's probably a pit to hell, since we're in the ghost area.
Probably lotsa good stuff down there.
Bring boombox playing this holy anthem.
https://youtu.be/7dIetQFw-n4

Last edited:
Cynder:
Three works!
Also, don't you guys wonder how Dewpider breathes?
I mean, it's head is covered in water, and I don't see any gills on it...

Lighting up at the sight of the Dewpider, you lob a ball at it, and it goes in! Then, you realize that A: you have no more balls, and B: that ball you just threw is in the middle of this body of water. Luckily, both of your problems are solved, as good ol' PokeVend makes a spectacular emergence from the water, with your Dewpiders ball in tow. It comes over, you put in $6, and it spits out 3 more Safari Balls. It then metaphorically bids you adieu, and leaves. With your new Dew Spider and Safari Balls, you feel invigorated and ready to catch more 'mons, when all of a sudden, a male Froakiefroakie leaps from the water into your kayak, attempting to hijack your vessel.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 3
Caught Pokemon: Frogadier (Male), Marshtomp (Female), Jellicent (Female), Golett (Genderless), Shuppet (Female), Phantump (Male), Kricketune (Female), Yanma (Female), Surskit (Female), Joltik (Male), Plusle (Female), Chinchou (Female), Mudkip (Male), Clamperl (Female), Dewpider (Male)

RedneckPhoenix:
Mate
You don't have a boom box unless you make one
All you have item-wise is the Shiny Goggles

Locking eyes with the Sandygast, you two have an intense staring contest. For 5 seconds. Then you tap a ball to its head, and the winner of the contest is clear. Then, you decide to hunt for your missing (meme) unicycle by attempting to jump down the pit, assuming it was a portal to hell. However, only one of those 2 nouns were correct: it was a portal, but not to hell... No, instead, it would appear you were about to be GROUNDed...

Falling through the portal, you begin to see neutral colors flash before your eyes. Brown, tan, beige, taupe... It's pretty boring. Your clothes also feel really gritty for some reason. Anyway, you fall for a solid minute, before you see a light below your feet. You fall through it... Right on top of your (meme) unicycle, breaking the spokes and popping the tire. You look around, and see... Nothing. It's just an open expanse of dirt, with the occasional tree or pool... And there's an elevator. Yep. Anyway, you look around for a bit, before realizing that someone's watching you. You turn around, and there lies a female Rhyhorn, looking pretty upset that you broke her new playtoy, the (meme) unicycle.

What do you do? [B]Do you go aboveground or below?[/b]

[B]Safari Balls remaining:[/B] 6
[B]Caught Pokemon:[/B] Houndour (Female), Fennekin (Male), Gastly (Female), Sandygast (Female)
[B]Obtained Items:[/B] [I]Shiny Goggles,[/I] Broken (Meme) Unicycle
[B]Partner Pokemon:[/B] Chimchar

Use Chimchar to compression blast it away (see: Pyro) and then use him to make the rubber softer and weld the spokes back together. (This works because the pokemon world has no respect for science)
Then ride it to the grass zone.
The universe's hate for unicycles has me in the mood for some pyromania.

Back
Top Bottom