• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Friend Safari 2.0

Cynder:
That darn autocollimator...

Unnerved by the Mareeps staring, you hurry away from it, when you feel your shoe getting drenched. You look down, and you realize you're in a small pool of water, made for the pokemon to drink from, and of course for the wild female Chinchouchinchou, of which there is one looking back at you from the pool, with its bulbs shooting off static electricity and looking peeved that you so callously waltzed into its pool home.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining:5
Caught Pokemon:Frogadier (Male), Marshtomp (Female), Jellicent (Female), Golett (Genderless), Shuppet (Female), Phantump (Male), Kricketune (Female), Yanma (Female), Surskit (Female), Joltik (Male), Plusle (Female)
Obtained Items:Ground Gem, Dusk Stone, Silver Powder, Electric Gem
Partner Pokemon:Anorith

Cynder:
It's everywhere. You can't escape it.

Not noticing the Chinchous anger, you tap a ball on its head. Fuming at getting caught by you, it's home defiler, it started to use a thunderbolt... but got caught, so that ended that. Continuing on, you start to feel hungry. You realize how odd this is, considering that youve been here for quite some time and haven't felt hungry before (Ehehehe...), but that thought disappears when you see a Sitrus berry bush in front of you. Running over there, you grab a berry to eat, and pull. It seems to be really on there though, so you pull harder, and it still doesn't come off. You PULL, and it rips free. However, you notice an arm on the other side of the bush. You look there, and there stands a female Elekidelekid, looking pretty angry that you took its snack away.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining:4
Caught Pokemon:Frogadier (Male), Marshtomp (Female), Jellicent (Female), Golett (Genderless), Shuppet (Female), Phantump (Male), Kricketune (Female), Yanma (Female), Surskit (Female), Joltik (Male), Plusle (Female), Chinchou (Female)
Obtained Items:Ground Gem, Dusk Stone, Silver Powder, Electric Gem
Partner Pokemon:Anorith

(Just a friendly reminder: the Shiny Goggles are always available. I thought you might have forgotten about them, so...)

Last edited:
Sorry about not posting.

Anyway, I'll give the berry back to the Elekid with my apologies and leave it to enjoy its meal. I seem to be upsetting many of the inhabitants here, so I'll leave this place and go back to the water area.

Cynder:
It's not your fault; the inhabitants here are just hot headed, they're actually not that bad.

Letting go of the berry, you grab a new berry and leave frthe trolley, munching on the berry as you go. You notice that you pass another pond, but this time something catches your eye: another male Chinchouchinchou is making a portal to the Water area!

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 4
Caught Pokemon: Frogadier (Male), Marshtomp (Female), Jellicent (Female), Golett (Genderless), Shuppet (Female), Phantump (Male), Kricketune (Female), Yanma (Female), Surskit (Female), Joltik (Male), Plusle (Female), Chinchou (Female)
Obtained Items: Shiny Goggles, Ground Gem, Dusk Stone, Silver Powder, Electric Gem
Partner Pokemon: Anorith

Cynder:
I'm tellin ya; they're just hot headed, theyre great when you get to know them.

Leaving the Chinchou to its secret portal business, you head off towards the trolley.
Coming back to the Water area, you see that everything is the same as you left it, including the shack with the kayaks and wetsuits. You head in, intending to pick one out, when you hear a gurgling sound. Knowing what this means, you duck just in time to miss a stream of water above your head. You look over at the direction of the water, and there stands a male Poliwhirlpoliwhirl, looking sheepish. In its hands rests what looks like just some seaweed, but is actually a Black Beltblack-belt.

What do you do? Do you take the kayak (shallow water pokemon) or the wetsuit (deep water pokemon?)

Caught Pokemon: Frogadier (Male), Marshtomp (Female), Jellicent (Female), Golett (Genderless), Shuppet (Female), Phantump (Male), Kricketune (Female), Yanma (Female), Surskit (Female), Joltik (Male), Plusle (Female), Chinchou (Female)
Obtained Items: Shiny Goggles, Ground Gem, Dusk Stone, Silver Powder, Electric Gem

For your convenience (and probably mine), here are the shallow water vs. deep water pokemon. The shallow water pokemon are in italics, the deep water are regular. (Note that if you take the kayak, deep water pokemon won't just disappear, they just be less common, and vice versa)

Water;
Common: Remoraid, Bidoof, Squirtle, Magikarp, Buizel, Poliwag, Froakie, Mudkip, Clauncher, Mantyke, Basculin, Clamperl
Uncommon: Krabby, Octillery, Bibarel, Panpour, Wartortle, Gyarados, Floatzel, Feebas, Poliwhirl, Frogadier, Marshtomp, Staryu, Wailmer, Corsola
Rare: Clawitizer, Mantine, Huntail, Gorebyss, Kingler, Poliwrath, Politoed, Starmie, Vaporeon, Simipour
Ultra-Rare: Blastoise, Swampert, Greninja, Wailord, Milotic

Cynder:
Giving the Poliwhirl a look that says "Really?", you pop into the shack and grab a wetsuit for you and one for your Anorith, and dive in. As you do this, you swear you see an airplane that has a banner that says "Check out our new Gift Shop!", but you think nothing of it and start swimming. Almost no time passes when you see your first pokemon: it's a male Mudkipmudkip, just chillin on a sandbar.

What do you do?

Cynder:
So I herd u liek mudkipz

Grabbing your Anorith, you nod at each other, and you place a Safari Ball in front of him, and your Anorith uses a Water Gun on it. The ball rockets toward the little 'kip, and he's caught. Swimming over to where the ball landed, you pick the ball up, when you see a flash of movement behind some seaweed. You swim over there, and behind the seaweed lies a female Clamperlclamperl, doing its Clamperl thing. In its oyster beside it lies a Water Gemwater-gem

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 3
Caught Pokemon: Frogadier (Male), Marshtomp (Female), Jellicent (Female), Golett (Genderless), Shuppet (Female), Phantump (Male), Kricketune (Female), Yanma (Female), Surskit (Female), Joltik (Male), Plusle (Female), Chinchou (Female), Mudkip (Male)

Cynder:
Tapping a ball to the Clamperl's shell, it is caught. Leaving behind its cerulean stone, you pick that up and swim under da sea once again. After about 5 minutes, you come up for air when you hear a rustling behind some grass. You look around, and hiding behind a male Panpourpanpour, hiding behind a tree, obviously scared by the presence of a strange humanoid creature with a hose for a mouth and clad in all black.

What will you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 2
Caught Pokemon: Frogadier (Male), Marshtomp (Female), Jellicent (Female), Golett (Genderless), Shuppet (Female), Phantump (Male), Kricketune (Female), Yanma (Female), Surskit (Female), Joltik (Male), Plusle (Female), Chinchou (Female), Mudkip (Male), Clamperl (Female)
Obtained Items: Shiny Goggles, Ground Gem, Dusk Stone, Silver Powder, Electric Gem, Water Gem

Cynder:
Backing away slowly, you silently dive back into the water, continuing your hunt. You look around for more local wildlife, and your wish is granted: you spot a female Poliwagpoliwag swimming among the seaweed.

What do you do?

Caught Pokemon: Frogadier (Male), Marshtomp (Female), Jellicent (Female), Golett (Genderless), Shuppet (Female), Phantump (Male), Kricketune (Female), Yanma (Female), Surskit (Female), Joltik (Male), Plusle (Female), Chinchou (Female), Mudkip (Male), Clamperl (Female)
Obtained Items: Shiny Goggles, Ground Gem, Dusk Stone, Silver Powder, Electric Gem, Water Gem

Put your balls in my hand and send me into heat.
Wait, I meant-
*huff*
Give my 10 safari balls, and put me in the Fire Zone.

Phoenix and Cynder, I'll get to your requests as soon as I can; gimme an hour or so to revamp the available 'mons and add the Alolan 'mons and we be good.

Aaaaaaaaand we're back in business! (Sorry for double posting, btw) All the new Pokemon have been added into the zone, and a couple of old Pokemon were shuffled around a bit for balance, so check the first post to see where your favorite new 'mon lies on the rarity chart! (Also for reference for the deep/shallow water gimmick in the water area: Popplio+Dewpider families=shallow water, Wimpod family+Bruxish+Pyukumuku+Wishiwashi=deep water) Any potential grievances with the chart can be taken up with me. Anyway, here are your guys's actual Friend Safari adventures:

Cynder:
Passing by the Poliwag, you begin to hunt for more Pokemon when a man in warden like clothes looks down at you in the water. You surface, and the man says "We're about to remodel the Friend Safari; I'll have to ask you to wait in the lobby until we're finished." Complying with his demands, you get out of the water with your Anorith, take off your wetsuit and put it back in the shed, and headed towards the trolley. As you took a last glimpse at the Water area, you wonder what sort of remodeling will occur.

You wait in the lobby for what seems like months, getting increasingly bored. At one point, an eager trainer with a Chimchar perched on his shoulder comes into the lobby and sits next to you. "Hey," he says "You here to catch some Pokemon too?" "I was, but it looks like they're remodeling" you reply. "Cool. Whats it-". The trainer didn't get to finish his sentence, as at that moment, the receptionists phone rang. When she hang up, she announced "I've just gotten word that the remodeling is finished! The Friend Safari is reopened!" "Nice! I got here just in time! Good luck with your hunt!" he says. "You too" you reply, stepping on the trolley to head back to the Water area.

Picking up where you left off, you jump back into the water eagerly, in the process scaring off a male Wartortlewartortle, which is now currently hiding behind a rock.

What do you do?

RedneckPhoenix:
Er...

Stepping off the Lumiose-Kiloude TMV, you and your Chimchar race up towards the Friend Safari building, eager to try the new Safari Zone craze. You burst open the door, and see a receptionist and a bored-looking trainer and his Anorith. You sit down next to him, and attempt to strike up a conversation. "Hey," you say. "You here to catch some Pokemon too?" "I was, but it looks like they're remodeling" he says in a half-bored, half-annoyed voice. "Cool. Whats it-" Just that moment, a phone rings, cutting you off, and the receptionist answers it. Once she finishes her conversation, she hang up and says "I've just gotten word that the remodeling is finished! The Friend Safari is reopened!". Feeling great that you were at the right place at the right time, you say to the other trainer "Nice! I got here just in time! Good luck with your hunt!". "You too." he replies, stepping onto a trolley and disappearing into the zone. Meanwhile, you head to the receptionist to claim your 10 Safari Balls, and head off onto the trolley. "Have a great time!" she says. "Thanks, have a great day!" you say in reply, as you hit the flame icon on the touch screen in the trolley. For you're headed off to the Fire area...

Stepping off the trolley, a wave of heat hits you: it must be 90 degrees in here, if not more! Upon further inspection, you notice that theres black sand everywhere, and scraggly, leafless trees and desert plants dot the almost barren landscape. Almost barren, for theres a large volcano in the middle of it about 500 feet away. Because of course there is. Deciding to head to he volcano, you barely take a couple steps when something leap out at you, and you jumpback into surprise. Getting a good look at your attacker, you see that its a female Houndourhoundour, growling at you and attempting to look menacing.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining: 10
Caught Pokemon: N/A
Obtained Items: Shiny Goggles
Partner Pokemon: Chimchar

long post is long

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom