• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Green Hills and Blue Skies

Just a note:

In my perspective of the pokemon world pokeballs have a small panel at the top that can be flipped up, providing a small holographic display of what the pokemon within is capable of, and what moves they know (and yes, to the limit of four moves, that's th one major thing in the anime that peeves me is that everyone gets to be over-powered due to an essentially unlimited moveset.

The fact that pokeballs have this capability is common knowledge, and all of the group should, in the least, know this.

Bumping for notice:

I don't know how to do this battle...

I don't know much about Anime, but from what I remember from when I was six, didn't the Refs basically commence the battle, end the battle, and say "X is unable to battle!"? And they waved those little flag things. I think that was their main contribution. Anyhow, we should be fine, as long as nobody here Godmods, and writes every attack as an attempt. You know, basic RP rules.

I don't know much about Anime, but from what I remember from when I was six, didn't the Refs basically commence the battle, end the battle, and say "X is unable to battle!"? And they waved those little flag things. I think that was their main contribution. Anyhow, we should be fine, as long as nobody here Godmods, and writes every attack as an attempt. You know, basic RP rules.

K. That sounds good, post at will, but don't draw out the battle...

Needed Inquiry:

Does anyone know where Black Yoshi went? I'm asking because he hasn't been on in the past four or five days and I kinda need him and Coroxn to post. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I stood on my computer's cardthing and it broke. I'm hooked and connected now, and expect to post as soon as I've caught up.

Well I dont know what to do. I guess for the time being someone here, who believes they can properly, should take over BY's character until BY returns. I really do want to progress the story in the RP.

I'mbacki'mbacki'mback, just let me think of a post. Finals week kinda' took me by surprise, BUT I'M GOOD NOW. Except for chemistry, but that always sucks, so... Yeah, I'll post soon.

13330448.jpg

Name: Cassidy Rivers

Trainer’s License ID Number: 2/17/8376

Trainer Type: Tourney Trainer

Home Town and Region: Jubilife City, Sinnoh

Appearance: Cassy is of rather standard height for her age, with very very fair skin, but is thin to where she looks more petite than most other people. She used to get lectures from her P.E. Teachers that she had an unhealthy ratio, but despite all her attempts to pack away food and put on pounds, she has stayed thin.

She has strawberry blonde hair which is pulled to her left side, where it is tied to a standard ponytail with a blue band, which falls just above her shoulder. Most of the time, a gray plaid newsboy cap adorns her head, with the ponytail just below it. She has big, innocent, crystal blue eyes, and a pair of simple white earings in the shape of a crescent moon. She wears a white baseball long-sleeve tee with purple sleeves/shoulders, with a plain red hoodie tied around her waist. Her belt, which holds the bare essentials like her Pokemon, holds up her khaki shorts, and she has gray/blue shoes that pull tight rather than tie. She also wears a single-strap backpack, where she keeps a pair of pants for cold weather, extra socks, food, and other such necessities.

Personality: Cassy has a personality crafted for competition, always being the first to say, "Hello," and the last to say, "Goodbye." She greets almost everyone with a friendly smile, and an innocent offer to battle. While she never despairs at her loss, she does seem a little too giddy when she wins. Once she becomes more familiar with someone, her nature is revealed further, and she shows just what a crafty little witch she is when it comes to luring people into a false sense of security before mopping the battlefield with them. This is her main tactic, though, as she is still sharpening her actual battle techniques.

Biography: Growing up in Jubilife meant that she was constantly meeting trainers passing through beginning their journey, or sometimes experienced trainers coming by to remember the "good old days." Any and all tournaments were the place she spent her time, and she can copy many things she's seen before, but has yet to formulate many original ideas. She had an older sister, Morgan, who began her journey about five years ago, and is now widely recognized as a regional champ and national finalist in many tournaments. Cassy plans on not living in her sister's shadow, and so hopes to prove not only as capable as Morgan, but more capable.

She was given a Shinx by her cousin (who would rather go to school than adventure) about a year ago, which she's been diligently training and getting to know, though she's had little money to expand her team, or really get any professional supplies. This has given her the belief that the best trainers don't need all the extra tools and advertised techniques, but a strong relationship with their pokemon, and knowledge of their limits.

Lately, she's been entering in small tournaments, sometimes as small as birthday-party matches to see who's the best among her friends. These have been proving far too easy, but the tournaments much larger than 15 people haven't allowed her to place. She started spending a lot of time at the Pokemon Center in hopes of picking up some tricks, but has mostly just been chewing on her own gums while she waits for something cool to happen. She keeps her things packed, always, and her parents are aware that she may leave at any moment.

Pokemon:

-Name: Clu
-Species: Shinx
-Moveset: Tackle, Leer, Charge, Spark
-Personality: Fairly solitary, and extremely protective of Cassy despite his small size. Also has a problem with dreaming and twitching most nights. It is funny.
-Accessories: Has a birthmark which has darkened the fur around his right eye in a circle with streaks going towards the back of his head.

Hope this is adequate for everything~ :D

Can I still get a spot in here?

EDIT: My chart

Name: Ogio Ratuki (oh-GEE-oh ra-too-kee)

Trainer’s License ID Number: 12/09/8246

Trainer Type: Breeder, Trainer, Connoisseur

Home Town and Region: Ecruteak City, Johto

Appearance: Standing at 6 foot tall and weighing 265 pounds, Ogio is balanced out for a 13 year old. He has dark brown hair that seems shaggy. His hair dangles in his eyes when he doesn't shake it out. His eyes are brown-green (hazel-like). Though his eyes a normally brown-green, they change with his mood and can vary between black (extreme anger) and blue (happiness). His right knee is pretty messed up and Ogio is always having to readjust the brace so that his kneecap doesn't slide off and back on, causing him extreme pain. He walks with a limp in order to keep the pressure off. Ogio is extremely near-sighted and must wear a pair of glasses in order to see. With out the glasses, colors blur together and he can hardly see where one object ends and another begins. He carries a messenger bag that contains his Pokéballs, laptop, calender, cell phone, and Pokémon fact cards. He often wears a navy-blue hoodie, blue jeans, green polo and a pair of New Balance tennis shoes.

Personality: A quiet introvert, Ogio prefers company off people that he has either heard things about that person from their own mouth or if he knows them personally. Those people whom he knows and is in contact with often are pleasured by his presence. Though he doesn't consider them “friends” per-say, he will help them out no matter what situation they find themselves in. He has an unyielding friendship to anyone who helps him out and who he will help out. Ogio is really smart, though many people chose not to acknowledge that, except to copy him. He is often used by those around him because of his extreme knowledge. He often rides a 16-speed mountain bike because of his love of the outdoors. He can often be found planting berries, herbs, and various vegetables. He stays in tune with grass-type Pokémon. Ogio will never attempt to talk to someone unless they come up to him first.

Biography: Coming for a middle-class family, Ogio knows they boundaries between quality and cheap. His father kept him in school as long as he could. When Ogio was getting ready to enter Trainer's School, his mother sat him down and gave him his first Pokémon, her prized Swinub. When he returned home that afternoon, the police wouldn't let him in house. Later, he found out his mother had shot herself in the second floor bathroom. Ever since, Ogio has slipped in and out of suicidal periods. Though, when he sends out the Swinub his mom gave him, he feel safer knowing how she raised him. After getting out of Trainer's School, he traveled into the Burned Tower with Swinub at his side. Inside, he witnessed a flashback. The feeling knocked him cold and he witnessed the burning of the tower. When he awoke, he saw a Gastly floating nearby. The same Gastly followed him home and he caught it without any trouble. Ever since, he has stayed in constant contact with Ecruteak City's gym leader, Morty. Though no other experiences have happened, Ogio has witnessed visions of a strange egg hatching. Even Morty couldn't explain it, thus, Ogio has been on the hunt for myths about it in other regions.

Pokémon:

-Name: Mammy
-Species: Swinub
-Moveset: Odor Sleuth, Icy Wind, Mud Bomb, Hail
-Personality: Upon being given to his original trainers son, Mammy has developed a taste for adventure. He often runs ahead of his trainer and snoops around for berries and vegetables for his trainer to use.
-Accessories: Wears a little necklace that his trainer can use to track his whereabouts.

-Name: Rogeria
-Species: Gastly
-Moveset: Hypnosis, Night Shade, Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball
-Personality: Sympathetic for most every person and Pokémon that has been injured or knocked out.
-Accessories: The gaseous cloud around the main body is a lighter purple than on normal Gastly.

-Name: Fumara
-Species: Sunkern
-Moveset: GrassWhistle, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf, Energy Ball
-Personality: Quiet, similar to her trainer. Prefers the company of her trainer and other grass Pokémon.
-Accessories: Wears a pink bow around the leaf piece coming out of her.

-Name: Xame
-Species: Natu
-Moveset: Teleport, Ominous Wind, Peck, Miracle Eye
-Personality: Snobbish and prissy. Prefers other flying Pokémon and will give all other Pokémon a dirty scowl.
-Accessories: Wears a navy-blue scarf around the top of his head.

-Name: Lingala
-Species: Mantine
-Moveset: Hydro Pump, BubbleBeam, Aqua Ring, Mud Sport
-Personality: Not shown a lot of personality within the 2 month relationship. She is always ready to carry people and Pokémon across rivers and other bodies of water.
-Accessories: Has a pink bow on her tail and a long sash between her antennae.

Last edited:
Ummm....ummm...hmmm....

How do you plan on joining the already fairly large crew? And where? I kind of need t know these things before any acceptance, and as is, LK was a major exception that I was able to do, but I'm not certain how another new member would work...you'd need a creative way to get in, and it has to be posted here FIRST.

(UPDATE!)

Guide for all the NPCs used so far!
Bio's and Pokemon omitted for the sake of length.

Name: Nanka Evan Kurohari
Trainer’s License ID Number: 7-13-6541
Home Town and Region: Holly Town, Sinnoh
Appearance: Nanka is lanky and is better attributed for agility than strength. Despite this he is still quite capable of managing in a fist fight, not that any situation would actually require such. This also allows him to be an accomplished fisher, bringing up larger catches with no assistance. Nanka is 6’ 1”, and weighs 168 lbs.

Nanka’s white hair is often messy, and sticks up and out everywhere, though it is apparently quite easy to manage if it needs to be brushed or combed down. He has stubble along his chin and slightly elongated sideburns, extending down halfway along his ears. He has electric blue eyes, and possesses several old and faded scars on his cheeks. He wears a white T-Shirt in most instances, but if the weather is too cold for this he will wear a black coat, with the Kurohari Ranch logo emblazoned on the back. He wears dark blue jeans with a Seviper leather belt holding his Pokeballs. He wears black, red and white runners, with typical black socks.

Personality: Nanka is a cool, calculating, and calm person, and takes every situation in stride. Outwards in most situations Nanka is friendly, having let go of a somewhat secluded personality his teenage years possessed, slightly reverting to his youth. This personality is calm and usually pleasant to be around. However if Nanka is in battle, or in a more serious situation, he will become more like his teenage self, distant, calculating, and somewhat frightful.

Name: Melisa Etheridge Kurohari
Trainer’s License ID Number: 10-21-6834
Home Town and Region: Rockridge Port, Unova
Appearance: Melisa is built acrobatically, her physique lanky, and small, but capable of flexing impressively. Melisa stands at 5’2” and weighs 135 lbs. Melisa’s auburn hair is quite long, often draping down her back quite a bit. Her hairstyle often changes, and she’ll vary between having it long and draping, a ponytail, or in a bun, though she doesn’t like the bun. She has small amber eyes that always hint a greater intelligence, and are often behind a pair of rimless glasses due to her poor eyesight. She wears a maroon sweatshirt under a maroon shirt, the shirt being darker than the sweater. She wears dark grey pants, rainbow colored socks, and rust colored sneakers. She wears a small white gold wedding ring on her right hand and a couple bracelets of varying metals on her wrists. She also habitually has a pencil tucked behind her right ear.

Personality: Melisa is what one would call an extreme optimist, refusing to see the darker portions of a situation, and often leading those around her to success. She also quite hyper, a trait she passed down to her son, and can often work for a couple of days before needing rest. Melisa is easily trusting and likes making new friends, but can easily tell if she’s being deceived. Her one major problem is her ‘need’ for large portions of sugar, essentially having a major sweet-tooth, and thus having problems focusing if she doesn’t get her fix. Melissa is also incredibly intelligent, and is a natural technician, capable of working with computers and small devices quite easily.

Name: Austin Etheridge
Trainer’s License ID Number: 12-7-7456
Home Town and Region: Rockridge Port, Unova
Appearance: Austin has an average build, weighing in at 180 lbs., and stands at a shorter 5’ 10”. Austin’s chestnut brown hair is relatively long, sitting just below the back of his neck, and otherwise hanging somewhat messily down, though not enough to obstruct his eyes. He keeps his hair partly in order by wearing a dark brown fedora, with a Braviary tail feather held in the band. Austin wears a Van Dyke moustache, and beard combination. Austin has hazel eyes, and wears a small black stud in his left ear. Austin often wears a baggy dark colored shirt, weather black, brown, or green, under a ragged looking dark brown shirt. He has a sleeve tattoo of a Seviper along his right arm. Austin wears baggy brown pants, grey socks, and a pair of black hiking boots. His pants are held up with a black leather belt.

Personality: Austin is an adventurous person, and has an open mind towards many things. He is friendly and kind, if not a touch strange. Austin enjoys being on the road, and has rarely stopped for more than a week at a time. Austin has a strange quirk where he can be a bit random. However he has a sweet spot where he acts hostile towards those who remind him of his lonely childhood.

Alrighty then. BE sure to save the character sheet though, it's a good one, and there's no sense in losing it.

It is saved, but I just thought of a way to enter.

It says I am a biker, maybe I could run into you all on in Jubilife just before the route to Oreburgh. Maybe hit a building while trying to turn onto the route to Oreburgh?

Back
Top Bottom