• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Grimoire of Dragons

((Oh god so much to respond to aaaaah))

"Looksss like the new guy already took care of that, Winry." Greed laughed, a wide grin on his face. He frowned a bit when he saw the other Bangaa start a bit of an argument, and cleared his throat. "Well, boysss, I advice that we ssstop this petty arguing now, sssince we need to get ready to leave."

He elbowed the two Humes at his sides, who got up and skittered off together, to get the supply cart ready outside. The Bangaa then got to his own feet and put on his helm, the two horns on the back and face-covering mask gleaming in the light of the candle on the table, which seemed to give his skin and...oddly purple sheen.

"Come on. Choco will take about ten minutesss to hitch to the cart, ssso you have that long to get your belongingsss together." He said, before walking outside. As he passed Sonja, Thalia, and Abelat, he added "Ten minutesss."

Thalia nodded when the large Bangaa walked past, looking a bit scared, but then smiled at Sonja.

"Oh...I am a bit hungry...umm, mister barkeeper, can I have some toast please...?" She asked when the man looked her way, and he nodded and left again. "I'm not used to staying in Inns..." She added to Sonja.

Upstairs, the Judge turned to face Al and smiled, getting up and picking up the helmet that was sitting on the bed, putting it on.

"Oh, I was just thinking...But it seems we're heading out soon-" he motioned out the window where the two Humes were trying to attach a cart to an uncooperative Chocobo while Kate watched and laughed "-so we should get ready. Is the rest of Virtue ready?"

"Are you sure, my good fellow?" Avan asked timidly, frowning as he turned around. Taking a minute to admire Ming's figure, he tilted his head slightly. "I do remember someone saying that the leader of Clan Virtue was almost like a slave driver and nagged quite a bit... that doesn't seem to befit Miss Ryuu at all!"

As Avan stood and tried to imagine Ming as the evil slave driver he had thought of in his head, it didn't seem to fit, and Gradivus rolled his eyes as this bunny eared weirdo continued to be loud.

(Alright, 9+ hours later and I can finally see FMC's newest post, yay
Now I'm imagining Maes Hughes as a judge and I'm like :Q_)

Lodrick nodded to Avan, still amused at the performance. "I'm sure. She gave us our briefing earlier this morning." A laugh was dangerously close to escaping his lips. "I think she's been pulling your leg."

As he watched the other clan members walk outside to hitch the cart, Lodrick slowly began to realize he hadn't eaten yet. He shuffled over to the bar, closing the space between Abelat and the two girls, and quickly asked for any sort of poultry they had on wheat bread. Lodrick wasn't one for breakfast food.

--

By now, Abelat was almost finished with his breakfast. The Moogle nodded to Greed as the Bangaa passed to give the ten minute warning, but he also noted the two girls a chair over also reacting to this, and came to one conclusion. "Kupo! You two ladies are in Clan Virtue as well?" He took the last bite of his pancakes and dabbed his lips with a napkin. "I apologize for not greeting you sooner. My name is Abelat."

The Moogle impulsively scooted away when Lodrick surprised him with his approach. "Hello to you too, Lodrick. Alas, kupo, I must go out and finish getting Luroa ready for the road as well. I will see you all soon! We shall talk more then, kupo." Abelat pushed his plate back to the barkeep, hopped from his chair and made his way outside.

Ming sent Greed a wink as he passed, downing her drink and wrapping her meal with a cloth for the food before pushing away from the bar and storlling toward the doors again. She glances up the stairs and notices that Al was leaving the room with their Judge in tow, a soft smile on her face as she studies their judge for a few seconds.

They knew each other before the caln started...the time when the dashing judge dressed in armour was a Ninja out on a bounty for a well known assassin that have introduced high and mighty lords to their maker personally. He was driven to find this assassin and bring them to justice for the bounty on their head.

Who would have geussed that he would end up befriending the very target he searched for.

Ming shakes her head a bit ans chuckles, tapping her wrist to signal to the two coming down the stairs that it was time to leave.

------------------------

"Seems we moved just in time. Come on Maes...before she gets annoyied and start send her 'Gods' after us."

Al shuffles down the steps, his hand firmly on Maes' wrist to drag him along with him. Thoug he was a magic using Nu Mou, he is quite strong from training alongside his Clan mates.

---------------------------------

"Finish up Kiddo. The lady would like to leave."

Roy grumbles under his breath and coolects hi leftovers, tiring them up in a cloth and tucking it into his robe for later. He passes the new Viera, givng him the once over before pointing out ming to him.

"They're right. She is out leader in the clan."

Roy then walks away from him out of the doors, hand clawed around his rod.

----------------------------------

Winry landed back on Greed's head, holding onto the horns of the helm to lift herself up and then use as a back rest. She smiles as she pulls her hat down a bit over her face and let out a soft sigh.

"What a lovely place to take a nap, Kupo!"

Gradivusss quickly swallows the pastry he had stored a few minutes earlier whole, giving a grin before ordering and wrapping up a breakfast sandwhich similar to Lodrick's. Striding over to Greed, he looked over him once and gave a nod.

"Ming recommended me to you, sssaid you would be a good partner for my ssort of fighting if the time ever came. M'name'sss Gradivusss, just in cassse you need me for ssomething."

---

Avan takes a minute to process the information, before swiftly jumping up and out of the building and sliding next to Ming. "Beautiful and strong, you're sounding even better by the second, Miss Ryuu. I do think it was a bit cruel that you wouldn't tell me something so vital sooner, but I suppose it's your privilege when you've already gotten a hand wrapped around my heart."

'Are you sure that will be enough for you, Kupo?..' Sonja asked, turning to Thalia with a concerned tone. She just seemed so frail - even for a Nu Mou - to be in an clan like this; it was worrisome. She shook it off though, she must be a competant mage of some sort, otherwise.. why would she be here? That book was still giving off rather disturbing vibes, must be highly enchanted or some such. Creepy Nu Mou magick...

Glancing over again, Sonja stifled bursting into laughter. She nudged Thalia lightly and pointed at the extravigant bunny man, who was just as clueless as he was in over his head. He hadn't even been murdered by Ming yet, who seemed to be just as amused as the rest of the pub.
'Ku-Kupo~ Would you look at what the Malbaro dragged in.. Get a load of this guy, Kupo. I'm calling it, Kupo, he's dead within the hour.' She held a paw over her mouth to avoid bursting out, much as Ming had been now - no need to attract his attention.

Finally, the barkeeper slid a pair of plates in front of the two girls - and was gone again just as fast - just as one of the Virtue Bangaa slid by giving the two the ten minute alarm.
'Bugger, Kupo-po. Guess we had better finish up fast..' She said as she slathered a glob of Nightshade Ketchup onto her plate and spinning a fork in her hand with involuntary flair. It seemed the other clanners were catching onto her alligience by now, though, as she heard the trademark call of another Moogle from behind her - the Chocobo Rider, whom as she turned around was already rambling his way halfway out the door. She smiled awkwardly and nodded in his direction.
'Bloody nutters the lot of them, Kupo' she mumbled to herself as she flipped a fork full of egg and toast into her mouth.

((Argh kinda caught up I think, stupid TCoD hiding posts from me. >: And FFTA2 ITSELF getting me addicted and delayed~ ))

"Beautiful and strong, you're sounding even better by the second, Miss Ryuu. I do think it was a bit cruel that you wouldn't tell me something so vital sooner, but I suppose it's your privilege when you've already gotten a hand wrapped around my heart."

Ming looks to her side, seeing that the foolish man had followed her outside. From the babble he riddled off, he caught onto the running joke finally. She lifts her hand to her hair and brushes it off her shoulder smoothly, a sly smile on her face as she turn to the Viera.

"Ah. Seems you've found me out. You see, I just couldn't resist toying with you when you claimed to be a part of my clan. Call it 'fishing' if you will...just to make sure you were quite up to the task."

She chuckles softly, her eyes flashing a bit at her dark humour of tormenting and teasing the poor guy until he was nothing more than a shell of his old self. She also liked the idea of having a guy around like him that could make her laugh. He certainly had the same quality as Abelat in the speech department.

"I do hope you are as skilled as you boasted, Mr. Avan"

Avan gives an airy wave of his hand, backing it up with a confident smile. "Of course Miss Ryuu, I shall prove my worth at the nearest opportunity, you may be confident of that! And you may toy with my heart as long as you please, it is yours to use!"

Giving Ming another one his his bows, Avan turned around and checked to make sure both of his katanas and the hidden blade in his glove were secured, checked the tightness of his bowstring, and sat there thinking none-too innocent things about Ming.

((it's pretty obvious our clan is pretty much made up of FMA charas, isn't it x3 note to self; draw Maes as a Judge))

"I'll be fine, I don't eat too much..." Thalia said, smiling a bit and leaning her head to the side, so a lock of brown hair fell over her eye. The look was rather cute, and made her look much younger.

She seemed surprised when Sonja started to laugh, and turned to see what was going on, and couldn't help giggling when she saw the male Viera. He was rather silly, and very loud. She nodded at Sonja and laughed again at her wager of his impending demise.

"Yell Ming is very nice, so I'm not sure she'd kill him..."

Thalia looked back as Abelat spoke to her and Sonja, looking a bit startled, but she smiled at the Moogle as he introduced himself. Moogles were nice. She bowed her head in respect before replying to him.

"Hello Mr. Abelat, my name is Thalia. Nice to meet you!" She squeaked cheerily, and waved a bit when he abruptly left. Then she noted the food was here. "Oh, lookit that..." She started to munch absently on a piece of toast while running a finger along the designs on the cover of the tome in her lap. The eye-gemstone gleamed a bright yellow, and every so often would seem to change what it was looking at...

---

"Woah slow down there, Al, I'm old and can't take much!" Maes laughed as he was pullsed very suddenly by the Nu Mou, and followed him outside, his armour clanking loudly as he overtook the boy. She approached the armoured Chocobo who stood a bit away from the others and took her reins from the post.

The Chocobo gave a slight 'kweh' and lowered herself down a bit, her shining gold feathers slightly visible from under the heavy armour plates. The tall Judge climbed on her back with ease and patted her head.

---

Greed turned his head when Gradivus approached him, his expression almost impossible to read, and nodded his head.

"Ah, yesss. I think that Ming sssaw something in you that need sssome of my guidance. It'sss nice to meet you, Gradivusss, my name is Greed." He said, offering a hand to shake.

((Yes, very yes. I want to draw a Greed-Bangaa with those perfect abs too. Or maybe the Al-Nu Mou. Is he a blue one or a brown one? The blue ones from the first FFTA always reminded me of Eeyore /babble))

"Huh." Lodrick watched with a bit of confusion as Abelat made his introductions just as quickly as he made out the door. What was he in such a rush for? The green Bangaa shrugged and obliged himself to Abelat's abandoned chair. "He's a funny lil' fella," he said; perhaps it was to himself, or perhaps he was offering a conversation topic. He was then handed his breakfast sandwich, and he accepted it with a nod. Idly taking a bite, he decided it must've been some mid-grade Cockatrice, and didn't taste too bad.

Ming moves away from the new Viera and walks over to the lone Humes that were tring to hitch Choco to the cart. She shakes her head and slips her hand in her pocket, revealing the greens she had to feed Choco when she felt like it.

"Choco. Here boy...nice and easy now."

She then glances at Ed and Fons, giving them a look that clear said 'Once he is eatting hitch him. We need to leave now.'

"We need to leave...I don't think Breda will wait for us forever in the woods. He may try to cook something that doesn't want to be cooked."

Winry giggled, lifting her hat up and calling over to Ming to say they all know she enjoys Breda's Mystery Gumbo. She then looks down at the Bangaa that approached Greed, noting that it was the mage hater. She lowers her hat again and lays back against the hons of Greed's helm.

----------------

"I'll flombe him."

"Easy now, Kiddo. What did he do this time?"

Roy looks at Cid as if he was a blinded moron, fire in his fires as he points at Avan.

"It's obvious! He is thinking unpure thoughts about Mingy. I just can't stand here and let him go on like this. Let me set him on fire now before he becomes a problem."

Cid sighs, wraping a around around Roy's neck from behind to keep him from charging the poor Viera. He grabs the front of Roy's hat and pulls it down over his face, blocking his sight.

"You too have those thoughts Kiddo. Don't act all high and mighty here."

Roy responds with a strangled growl.

-------------------

Al watched at Maes climbed onto his mount, hands lifted to help him if the old man slipped. As he was waiting for something, his sight wanders over to the open door of the pub, steady on the lone NuMou girl eatting a peice of toast. He smiles a bit, studing her nice fur and sweet looking eyes in awe.

Avan notices Al staring into the pub, before walking over to him and putting his arm around Al's shoulder. "Do not despair, my good friend, there once was a time when I too, was afraid to approach a pretty lady and give them a compliment or two."

Laughing heartily at his own recollections, he continued on, "She'll never know your feelings and can never let you know your own options if you don't try to find out! Take it from a man who has had his heart mercilessly crushed by many a lady, it's better to know outright than to stand at a distance and allow uncertainty to be the ale of which you drink!"

Confident in his own words, he turned his head to see Roy pointing at him, and gives him a good-natured wave, certain the people in this guild were all friendly towards him.

---

Gradivus gave Greed a firm handshake, and if you didn't know his monstrous strength, you'd think he was trying to crush Greed's fingers, but knew from his handshake this was one he could rely on.

"Likewissse. It'sss a bit unsssettling, are you, me, that one I think they call Cid, and the cannoneer the only Bangaa in thisss clan?"

Last edited:
Al shied away from Avan, the inside of his ears turning a deep pink from the under lining blush on his face. He shuffled his feet and looks at the ground, fiddling with one of his ears.

"I...I don't think I can...She has so much going on in such a short time...It may be....be too much right now..."

Al then looks up at him, tilting his head a bit.

"Who are you...?"

----------------------------

Winry yawns, looking over at Ming and seeing her feeding Choco to help the boys made her smile a bit. She shifts in her resting place, taking one of Greed's ear and starts to play with it as he spoke to the other Bangaa.

-----------------------

"That's a good boy...good Choco. Good boy, pretty boy. That's it"

She shifts her eyes back at the boys and bares her fangs a bit, daring them to stand still a moment longer instead of doing their task of hitching Choco to the cart.

"Any time now..."

----------------

"Ming's getting mad. Such a easy girl to have that happen to, it seems. More so when the pups don't listen"

"Why do you keep calling us Pups, Cid?"

Cid chuckles under his breath, ruffling the boy's hair before slipping away from him and walking over to Kate, tapping her shoulder and leaning down to her height.

"So...how long are you going to stand there laughing before you help them, Missy?"

'Well.. in any case, we may want to hit the road too kupo' Sonja noted as she quickly finished the last of her plate and slid it away for the pub keep to pick up - and, with a quick glance around and particularly at the keeper, whom was busy preparing a sandwich, slipped the silverware into a couple of the pockets dotting her outfit.
'I hope that Chocobo doesn't smell as bad as it looks, Kupo' she quipped as she whisked herself out the door.

"Aye, love can be a bit overwhelming to those not prepared," Avan said with a nod, thinking. "I sir, am Avan Argismo, your new clanmate. I was a bit late due to some technicalities, but no matter."

Giving one last look at Thalia, he started pondering. "Well then, don't give it out to her all at once, my good man! Give subtle but not too subtle hints about your courtship to her! Alas, she seems to be an intelligent lass, she'll obviously notice if you go out of your way to open doors for her, and blast away enemies who are trying to chop her head off! It's bound to work!"

Giving another laugh at his own ingenuity, he gave a contented sigh, pulling a small tankard out of his cloak and taking a small draft from it. "Of course, it all depends on you, my good Alfred."

---

Gradivus, seeing the troubles they're having with the cart, lopes over and grabs the hitching stuff, before gently yet expertly starting to attach Choco to the cart.

"Did a lot of this back home, it was some good pocket money when I was a lad."

Ming let out a reveled sigh, brushing her hand off of the greens so Choco could get at them on the ground easier. She glances over at the boys and taps her foot, a look of displeasure on her face.

"All you had to do was attack it when Choco was eating. But no. you just stood there like a couple of morons and did nothing."

She let out a soft growl, the fingers on her left hand clawing her right arm as she crossed her arms over her chest. She knew that the boys could do better than this, but for some reason they seemed to have frozen in time.

"Fons. You're to check out the Woods ahead. Hopefully Breda didn't think we passed him and left. Ed...you dear boy will be informing the slow ones inside that we are leaving. I do hope these jobs are too hard for you two to handle"

With that, she turned away from them, giving Gradivus a thank you for his aid then walks over to Greed, glancing over her shoulder at Gradivus.

"Well. What do you think. Can you help him or not."

Winry shifted on Greed's head and stretched, checking her guns to make sure they were clean and ready. She then fluttered off of Greed's helm and landed on Fons' head, smiling down at him.

"Don't feel too bad, Hunter boy. She's just annoyed that you two didn't move fast enough. I'll come with you into the woods, you know, for back-up and stuff."

-----------------------------------

"That was great. Ed and Fons got such a look from her!"

Roy laughed at the fates of two of his clan mates, settling himself down on a crate. He pulled a tied cloth from his pocket and opens it to get at the breakfast he hadn't finished before. He started to eat it, watching the nuttiness of his clan as they try to gather together.

Cid on the other hand shakes his head, resting a hand on Kate's shoulder.

"Too late it seems. She already got ticked off by them...wonder what else she'll do to make them sorry for not doing as she asked. She's not a bad person, she just doesn't like people standing and staring when they're to do a job."

He sighs, glancing over at the going-on's of the clan silently.

---------------------------------------

"My...name is Alphonse, Avan."

Al looked back at the doorway and smiled a little. He liked talking to this man. He was silly and he seemed to know a lot about how to make a girl like you. He begun to think that this guy may be able to help him get the courage to tell Thalia that he really likes her.

"Oh, where is the human..." a moogle muttered, flying over people, looking for a hume. He spotted a tuft of brown hair, and divebomed it, right in the middle of the humes that should be hitching the Chocobo to the cart. "There you are, Saul. I was worried about you! Kupo!"

"Don't be worried about me, Paul. I'm okay, really!"

"Well, you better not have caused any trouble, kupo."

"Trouble? Me?"

"...I'm not even going to comment on that one, kupo, too easy."

"Paul!"

Looking away from Saul, the moogle turned to peer at the people who owned the Chocobo and Cart. "He didn't cause any trouble, did he? Nothing's missing, or anything? You might want to check, just to be safe. Kupo." The moogle spotted the flash of a judges helmet, and quickly pulled a cap over his eyes.

Last edited:
Gradivus gives the knots one last tug to make sure they're strong, before rising up and giving a stretch, now peeking into the cart to see what was in there.

---

"Of course, of course," Avan said airily, giving a laugh. "Alphonse, a fine name. In any case, remember, we have plenty of clan mates around here, so you can trust them to look out for each other, and you focus your attention on our fine lady over there. Now if you'll excuse me."

Striding away, he quickly sidles over next to Ming and observes the clan. "You should have asked me to do it, Miss Ryuu! I would have that Chocobo tied and prepared within the minute, all on your very command!"

Lodrick took another bite of his sandwich as he heard Sonja leave her seat as well. "Well.. in any case, we may want to hit the road too, kupo."

The Bangaa hastily took a large bite after hearing that. He never liked to eat and walk at the same time, but it looked like he might have to here soon. He glanced over in Thalia's direction, realizing he hadn't bothered to since he first walked over to get some food. It was awfully quiet over there, had she already left?

---

Finally getting Luroa prepared, Abelat rode up to the cart where the other members were gathered. "Good morning, everyone! Kupo! Are we all ready to depart?" Yet another new member caught his eye. A male viera? This was not a sight often seen! "And who might this fellow be, kupo?" he asked Avan, leading Luroa up to him.

"Hey, are you guys a clan? That is so cool! I always wanted to join a clan!" the Hume exclaimed, excitedly.

"Saul, are you out of your mind? Kupo! They're friends with a judge! And it's not my fault I have a price on my head!"

"Hey, can we join you?" Saul asked, speaking up over Paul.

"KUPO! Ignore him, please. Kupo. He's my kid brother," Paul sighed.

Back
Top Bottom