• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

Ohhh, I can't wait to get these. <3

I'm gonna go for HeartGold. Gold was my very first Pokemon game, and when it died back in '06 I was heartbroken. I'm going to model my team after the last team I had in Gold before it kicked the bucket. Noobish legendaries and all. <3

I don't like Totodile at all. I'm the only one?

My boyfriend doesn't. Why not? D:
Croconaw was more an aquired taste for me and I never let any Croc I had evolve into Feraligatr, but... Little Toto's a cutie :<

The only starter from GSC that I don't like is Chikorita... Bayleef and Meganium are cute but Chikorita's just kind of ugly. Ironically it's the first starter I picked, in Silver. I picked Cyndaquil in Gold and Totodile in Crystal... These days it's like the other way around.

Welp, names aside, I'm pretty happy about this. I'll prolly get Silver. \o/ And Chikorita. \o/

...but no really what's with the names? It sounds like they were trying to get parallels that the fans hadn't already thought of and ended up with that.

Welp, names aside, I'm pretty happy about this. I'll prolly get Silver. \o/ And Chikorita. \o/

...but no really what's with the names? It sounds like they were trying to get parallels that the fans hadn't already thought of and ended up with that.

"Heart of gold"?... But I really don't what soul has to do with silver.

Still makes more sense than the "dawn" or "dusk" everyone seemed to like, though. I mean, fire is red and leaves are green... Why not give these two a play on words that makes sense, too?

Dawn -> Sun rise. Ho-oh is generally associated with the sun, being a fire type and all. Also with it's rainbows and that.
Dusk -> Moon rise. Lugia is generally associated with the moon, living on the ocean and being "guardian of the seas" and all that, and water can also be associated with the moon.

Colour scheme doesn't take too much to split to day and night, either. I'm not a dusk/dawn supporter, but geez it still sounds better than heart/soul, imo.

Why are there three threads about this one event?

but anyway, I'm going for Chika! And I'm gunna reset until it's female since male Chika always scared me. :C And I'm getting Silver since that was the game I had of the first pair.

(I still don't like Johto but for the sake of completion. *shrug*)

Dawn -> Sun rise. Ho-oh is generally associated with the sun, being a fire type and all. Also with it's rainbows and that.
Dusk -> Moon rise. Lugia is generally associated with the moon, living on the ocean and being "guardian of the seas" and all that, and water can also be associated with the moon.

Ohhh. I never thought of it that way. x: It makes sense now. D'oh

but anyway, I'm going for Chika! And I'm gunna reset until it's female since male Chika always scared me. :C And I'm getting Silver since that was the game I had of the first pair.

I always thought Chikorita was more feminine too... it's the only starter I think of that way, though. Except for Torchic I guess, but by the time it's Blaziken it's masculine again...

HeartGold makes me happy. ^^

As for starter...hmmm, let me think- TOTODILE.

Yep, I heard about these earlier today.

But YAY, they're finally remaking it? I know people have been begging and pleading to Nintendo (I, personally, was not one of them) to remake this game, and seeing as I've just given away my only Johto game to my cousin and can't swap it for anything (my extensive copies of Hoenn games are a no go on Game Boy Colors, obviously) I'd like to return again. C:

I got Gold the first time around, and I already have Ho-oh's Pokedex data that I stole borrowed from a friend, so I think I'm getting Soul Silver this time.

TOTODILE IS MADE OF ALL KINDS OF WIN! ...and so is Feraligatr. I'm getting HeartGold cause Gold was my first of the Gen and my favorite due to nostalgia, and I'm getting Totodile cause I have just about ALWAYS started with it in Gold. In fact, I might just name my person "Tyler" in honor of the original file I had on Gold before my friend erased it. If I can't wait and must import, I'll get SoulSilver and start with Chikorita, since I started with Chikorita on my actual Silver game.

PLEASE NINTENDO RELEASE THEM THIS SPRING SO I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT MORE THEN A YEAR FOR THEM!

Ooh, I wonder if they'll do the same thing in Azalea as they did in the original?
Yay for Slowpoke lying everywhere!
Yay for Cyndaquil!
Yay for the Johto region being the most awesome one ever!

Ahh, I remember the good old days... Headbutting trees... Psncure berries... Two adorable starters... and it's all coming back!

I don't know if I'm getting Soul or Heart yet, but I'm really excited!
I'm definitely gonna go with Cyndiquil.

Well, now that the fans finally got their way with this one, is everyone going to fight for a remake of Hoenn in Gen V? It would take me about 5 years or so to get excited about that. Now that they've officially started, do they have to keep doing remakes?

Lets assume they always do remakes from now on in new generations. So in Gen V would they have to do a FireRed/LeafGreen remake, too since its been two whole generations since we've been in Kanto? A remake of a remake. This could start to become a real drag. Of course, they may put multiple regions in one game in the future...

Oh well, who cares about all that? In the here and now, I'm really pumped about Heart and Soul. (I don't really think they are that bad of names. I'm already kinda warmed up to them by just saying them to myself for a day.)

Silver! Meh, I only have gold from Gen 2. And I have no idea who I'm going to pick. I guess I'll wait for the new movesets and see when certain Pokemon are availiable in-game before I do any major team-planning.

I always hated the "Dusk" and "Dawn" names. I realize the connection with Ho-oh and Lugia, but they should connect with the colors, not with the Pokémon on the covers. :/ The name of the game should make some internal sense. Besides, the names people were talking about were "DuskGold" and "DawnSilver", which means the words were on the opposite versions from what would make sense for the Pokémon. Heart and Soul may be kind of cheesy and ridiculous, but I feel they make more sense as names.

Seeing as I wrote an entire article on my site about how overall Silver beats Gold on several counts even though the game I got was Gold, I'd have to be silly not to pick SoulSilver. As for a starter, I chose Totodile on my Gold and both of my Crystal files out of liking it considerably more than both of the other two, but in fact my very favorite member of a G/S/C starter line is now Quilava. I sill don't really like Typhlosion, but out of the final starter evolutions it really is the one that is most 'my type' (fast and good Special Attack). So I suppose I will most likely choose Cyndaquil. :/

I look forward to seeing the updated character art. It will also be nice to see what they do with Johto and what sorts of extra areas they might add.

(I really don't see why everybody is all "OMG NOW THEY MUST MAKE RUBY AND SAPPHIRE REMAKES TOO!" There is no reason; the Advance games are still perfectly compatible with the current generation, and unless they make a major change to the Pokémon data system like they did between G/S/C and R/S/E between the fourth and fifth generations, which seems unlikely to me, they have no reason to suppose the fans can't just play the original R/S/E if they feel nostalgic.)

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
GS REMAKES YES
I have nothing constructive to say. I would get SoulSilver, but Gold was my first ever pokemon game, so I'll probably get HeartGold. Maybe I'll just get both. :D

I'm definately starting with cyndaquil, who is made of awesomesauce. :DDD

HeartGold for the win. I'll probably start with a Chikorita named Griffin (a character from my sprite comic).

I like HeartGold because of "heart." I removed the spoiler from my sig you'll never know mwahahahaha

I also like it because one of my favorite colors is Gold. Heart + Gold = HeartGold = EPIC WIN NAME

I'D WAIT A MILLION YEARS FOR THEM TO COME OUT *is literally almost crying* I want them so much... THANKS NINTENDO FOR CHOOSING SUCH AWESOME NAMES

I look forward to seeing the updated character art. It will also be nice to see what they do with Johto and what sorts of extra areas they might add.

I just hope the updates aren't too drastic like FRLG was. Even if you call him red, he just doesn't remind you of him.

Those names sound incredibly corny.. Anyway i'll probably start with cyndaquil, I used to start with chicorita/totodile years ago, but I like quilava. ,,>3

No matter what I Choose, I'll most probably hack a lv.5 espeon into my team as soon as I start, and pretend that it was my starter.

Those names sound incredibly corny.. Anyway i'll probably start with cyndaquil, I used to start with chicorita/totodile years ago, but I like quilava. ,,>3

No matter what I Choose, I'll most probably hack a lv.5 espeon into my team as soon as I start, and pretend that it was my starter.

Technically, it is possible to get a Level 5 Espeon now without cheating...although you'd need a lot of money and daily haircuts...and whatever other services the people of Johto offer once a day every day.

I just hope the updates aren't too drastic like FRLG was. Even if you call him red, he just doesn't remind you of him.

Mmm, that's really mostly a matter of the change in his art style and the fact our perceptions of him have been colored by Ash in the anime. The prominently spiky hair, for instance, was never present in the actual character art or sprites of Red. It did look black, but the Sugimori art had washed-out colors and the sprites were of course severely limited. It's mostly the style change that's alarming, because Sugimori's humans were considerably more "chibified" then and as a result looked a lot younger, with a differently-shaped face and eyes. Then there were some modifications to his outfit. Gold and Crystal were drawn later and had far more detailed sprites that would be less excusable to completely change in a remake. They'll probably get updated clothes, but I don't think their essential character is in any danger.

Back
Top Bottom