• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

Original GB music? Murkrow and Misdreavus in Johto? 3 generations worth of starters?

THIS GAME IS GOD

Damn my brokeness...I wanna import D= HURRY UP SPRING! GET HERE!

Am I the only one who hates Sabrina's new sprite? I liked the old version and the FR/LG versions better.

I don't hate it, and I do think it's about time she ditched the creepy uniform, but she still strikes me as someone who would dress more conservatively than that.

Also digging Morty's awesome metro-scarf and LANCE. Lance has the best trainer sprite in the history of trainer sprites and nothing will ever ever change that I am sorry but it's the truth the end.

The Pokémon sprites... I've got mixed feelings about them. I don't feel all that qualified to comment on the shading and whatnot because spriting and I don't get along so great, but while some of them do have super-kickass poses others... they're really anatomically awkward. Like, the HGSS Venusaur is the best Venusaur's ever looked IMO, but Blastoise's face is kinda meh.

Definitely need earlier Larvitar so that I can do this without waiting for the postgame and Mt. Silver. I mean, at least do like Platinum and put Pupitar in Victory Road or something.

Haven't listened to any of the BGMs yet because I don't feel like it and I seem to have this inexplicable aversion to YouTube anyway, but it sounds like it should be cool and I'm digging the Game Boy music itemajigger.

I wonder what the names of the Rocket Execs will be in English? I mean, it's okay to call the temp admin Lance in the Japanese one because E4 Lance's Japanese name isn't Lance, but that's going to be awkward in the English releases. Hm... *goes to look up more rocket names*

All in all this game is just one ginormous fangasm. I can definitely think of stuff that could have been left alone, improved or taken in a different direction, so it's not the perfect HGSS I saw in my head, but it is a definite fangasm all the same and when my HG arrives in the mail I am going to have the time of my freaking life.

I don't hate it, and I do think it's about time she ditched the creepy uniform, but she still strikes me as someone who would dress more conservatively than that.

Agreed. But she also strikes me as the indifferent teenage-type and I think it fits her well.

Also digging Morty's awesome metro-scarf and LANCE. Lance has the best trainer sprite in the history of trainer sprites and nothing will ever ever change that I am sorry but it's the truth the end.
Morty, yes. Lance, NO! Ugh I hate it.

The Pokémon sprites... I've got mixed feelings about them. I don't feel all that qualified to comment on the shading and whatnot because spriting and I don't get along so great, but while some of them do have super-kickass poses others... they're really anatomically awkward. Like, the HGSS Venusaur is the best Venusaur's ever looked IMO, but Blastoise's face is kinda meh.
Mixed here, as well. Some of them really have goofy looks on their faces, but others are just precious. *huggles Oddish*

Haven't listened to any of the BGMs yet because I don't feel like it and I seem to have this inexplicable aversion to YouTube anyway, but it sounds like it should be cool and I'm digging the Game Boy music itemajigger.
A lot of it is too overblown. I'm really not sure what to think. Having the "itemajigger" was really a smart move, because I can guarantee a lot of nostalgia-fanatics will despise the OST.

Lance could probably be Cassini in the English version.

The item that makes the music 8-bit... where do you get it, and what's its name? Also, what happens if you go to the Battle Frontier with it?

Eh. I liked her "creepy uniform" as to me it looks better than her current one. And I'm also..not fond of her new hairstyle in the slightest.

Oh, okay, I was just wtf'ing over why there's a TR guy named Lance now. You'd think they'd realize that and find a different name. D:

It might just be that the sprite is small and I can't see his face clearly, but Apollo reminds me of Leeron from TTGL.

I think it's more a reference than anything else.

Yeah, I know, but there are like a million other astronauts/space shuttles they could have used. I guess it won't bother the Japanese audience any, though. They'll just have to change the name for the English.

Edit: Okay, I was sitting there going "did they name him after Lance Bass?" and it turns out there's actually a missile called a Lance. I feel stupid/better.

Last edited:
It might just be that the sprite is small and I can't see his face clearly, but Apollo reminds me of Leeron from TTGL.
...this. I couldn't pin down just who he reminded me of, but yes, it's Leeron.

Which is going to make it all the more amusing to play the game while actually understanding the dialogue.

^ I think you mean Neil Armstrong. :V

Oh man, anyone read about the Celebi event? Backstory! Confirmation that Silver is Giovanni's son! Yesyesyes!

From the way this game is looking, I think I would honestly be content if there were no fifth gen.

I'm kind of surprised Tangrowth, Mamoswine and Lickilicky and Yanmega made it into the pokedex.

I agree with the sprites looking awkward. Some are awesome, in my opinion including Skarmory, Dodrio, Lanturn, Magmar, while some just look well ... Scyther, Scizor, Abra line and many more.

I don't think they could have a 5th gen, even though a hoenn remake would be pretty sweet.

Oh man, anyone read about the Celebi event? Backstory! Confirmation that Silver is Giovanni's son! Yesyesyes!

Arg, I didn't want to know that yet ;_;

EDIT: Went and read about the event. Wow, it looks awesome. Sent back in time 3 years? SWEET! Although I'm dissapointed Giovanni's back. I liked when his disappearance was shrouded in mystery.

Meh, I can't really complain. I was sure to find out about it before the games are released elsewhere anyway.

Why can't the Japanese be nice just one time and work on an English version at the same time? I hate waiting for 6 months everytime a new game comes out. And these are pretty much the perfect Pokemon games.

Also, is there any news on teh PokeWalker? I've been real curious about it, but haven't heard anything.

^ I think you mean Neil Armstrong. :V

From the way this game is looking, I think I would honestly be content if there were no fifth gen.

Wheeere D:

As for the PokeWalker, buncha stuff about it is on the first post on PokeBeach.

I'm kind of surprised Tangrowth, Mamoswine and Lickilicky and Yanmega made it into the pokedex.

I'm a little surprised, but not much. Since they all evolve by knowing a certain move, it would be a little odd to cover it all up until getting the national dex. Just like how in FRLG it was awkward to get a Golbat with max happiness and have it attempt to evolve after every level, until getting the national dex.

I hope the Celebi event isn't going to be Wifi only.

Lance could probably be Cassini in the English version.

The item that makes the music 8-bit... where do you get it, and what's its name? Also, what happens if you go to the Battle Frontier with it?

Apparently you get it from a guy on the 3rd Floor of the Celadon Pokemon Mansion after you get all 16 Badges.

Back
Top Bottom