• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never honestly cared about what gay people do in their own time and if they get married/adopt kids/whatever. To me it's the same as a straight couple, except it now involves two people of the same gender.

And you wonder where I live?

Forum debates over basic things like this where the majority on the forum is on a certain side and there happens to be one member who disagrees with it, and everybody else starts mauling that person in some way. I think it's amusing, but the fact I think it's amusing seems quiet cruel.

I obviously didn't wake up one day going all "o hey ahm gay", I was born like that. There is no sense of "God" to "make" someone gay and then "damning" them to "hell". Something I had no choice over is obviously disgusting and a wrong choice, and because of my inability to become straight, I'm going straight to hell. :( Bye guys.

Proceed with debate.

It should be banned at all costs, I mean like ew

I mean... hooray I'm a flaming bisexual so of course I'm not gonna oppose to anything :B
Also, I find it incredibly lame that gay couples are refused the right to adopt all the bleeding time... not many people adopt these days, and why would you turn down a potentially great family to take care of a lonely child? D:

Oh and the thing about lacking a parental role model is... lame. I've lived with just my dad for 7 years and I can still be womanly when I want to be :B

This is probably a troll but for the sake of arguing:

I for one am against it. Not only is it disgusting for one but it's also against my religion. It prohibits homosexuality plain and simple in the Bible. I mean, God created the woman for a reason.
Why is it disgusting.
No it doesn't prohibit homosexuality, it prohibits the act of sexual intercourse between men. Women aren't even mentioned because no one cared about women 2000 years ago, as opposed to now because times have changed in two millenia.

I was reading through some of the arguements here. Number 100, nowhere in the Bible does it say it allows slavery. I don't know where you got that idea but it's simply untrue. Trust me, my father is a pastor and has read the entire Bible over 4 times.
He's a pretty shitty pastor then because even I can find evidence that slavery is allowed in the Bible I stole from a hotel ages ago:
Lev. 25:44 -46 'Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites.'

Now, I don't think homosexuals or bisexuals are bad people. They just don't understand that what they are doing is wrong. God works in mysterious ways. He is obviously trying to help them with this problem. Whether they decide to listen to Him is what they are dealing with.
Wait so God's trying to make them understand they have to swear their lives to chastity lest they be sent to eternal hellfire by having them be brutally murdered, beaten, discriminated against and insulted on a daily basis?
God's kind of a dickhole.

Christ do you flip out every time someone eats shellfish or touches pork

chastity was never a requirement of the original ecclesiastic church before the roman catholics started fucking it up

chastity was never a requirement of the original ecclesiastic church before the roman catholics started fucking it up
the C of E's pretty cool in that aspect, imo. They let the vicars and bishops marry and produce children and stuff. In my previous post though I meant chastity in a way that since homosexuals wouldn't be allowed to have sex with men (sorry lesbians you aren't mentioned in Leviticus neener neener) they'd have to remain chaste because intercourse with a woman would pretty much not work.

I never got the priestly chastity thing, though. I mean sure not getting any is a way of proving you faith to the Lawdy but on the other hand you're not supplying the world with more Christians.

What I mean by the original ecclesiastic church is like 300 AD when they didn't actually have churches yet, and when everyone just believed in Christ...those who adhered to Scripture rather than what we practise as Christianity nowadays (which is corrupted by pagan beliefs and I don't know what's more.)

I keep hearing that the Bible says that homosexuality is wrong. Could somebody please tell me where it says so, because I have yet to find it :<

If it happens multiple times, just list all of'em.

I mean, God created the woman for a reason.

Homosexuality completely aside for a sec, I find this massively insulting.

Please tell me you don't honestly belive that a woman's only worth lies in having babies with her husband. Please.

You'll make me cry, otherwise.

Dannichu + crying = flood that destroys any and all depressed people within a 1000 mile radius. :[

I keep hearing that the Bible says that homosexuality is wrong. Could somebody please tell me where it says so, because I have yet to find it :<

If it happens multiple times, just list all of'em.
Lev. 18:22 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman, that is detestable'
Corinthians 6:9 'Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immortal nor idolatrers nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders,'
Must be more, can't be bothered right now.

Homosexuality completely aside for a sec, I find this massively insulting.

Please tell me you don't honestly belive that a woman's only worth lies in having babies with her husband. Please.

You'll make me cry, otherwise.
Oh you woman go have a period about it.

Check this out: http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?event=AFF&p=1011693&item_no=1653X

Obviously I'm going to say legal, good, should be allowed, marriages should be allowed, personal choice, etc - also guys when Dannichu cries terrible things happen. I don't know what will happen, let's not find out.

Hells yeah it should be legal everywhere. It's already been legal for ages here in Brussels :D

Anyway men with men are hot, old gay male couples are adorable and genuine lesbians are cool :0
This post is pretty accurate.

Why, thank you.

And, on-topic, 'fcourse everybody can marry, it's love, after all. Then again, I don't really think that marriage is the best way of showing your love. As long as you both know it, I guess. But marriage is still such fun ^^

(ilu guys :3)

Is this a good Bible or a shitty one I got it from a hotel so I doubt its quality.

The King James one is the generally accepted one, though which bible you choose to read can make for a seriously different reading experience. For example, the relationship between David and Jonathan in the old testament (shh, I did a bazillion-page essay in this last year in ethics) -

King James Bible said:
"...and they kissed one another and wept with one another, until David exceeded."

Modern Language Bible said:
"They kissed each other and wept together until David got control of himself."

New American Bible said:
"They kissed each other and wept aloud together."

The ultra-conservative Living Bible said:
"and they sadly shook hands, tears running down their cheeks until David could weep no more."

Guess which one twists the original Hebrew around to say what it wants it to.

Quotes from Religous Tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom