• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
well to really understand the proper meaning of the bible you need to speak Aramaic and Koine Greek or have a proper translation at hand so pretty much every English translation is compromised. Degrees of failure differ only in their intensity.

Just because God lets something happen doesn't mean its not against his will. Everyday murder happens and that is clearly against his will. God doesn't interfere too much because he loves us. He wants us to make our own choices whether they be good or bad. He will try to steer us in the right direction but if we didn't make our own choices then we wouldn't be free. God loves us so much that he wants us to have free will. That's why he sent us to earth rather than keeping us all in heaven from the start.

sure because giving humans who don't know what the fuck they are doing (Adam and Eve, red.) free will is such a very good idea. the concept of original sin is retarded

This being said, I believe homosexuality is a wrong choice. But God lets a person make that wrong choice because if he didn't let them, then we wouldn't be free. Just goes to show you how much he loves us.

how exactly is it wrong? I think it's wrong that the Church led thousands of people to slaughter during the Crusades. Should God let HIS PASTORS make that wrong choice?

America is based on Christianity (Which it should. But that's another topic) And being that as it is, it seems that America should try to follow the laws of the Bible. Which is exactly why I don't think that it should be legalized.
SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE there are giant holes in everything else but dude

(ilu guys :3)

The King James one is the generally accepted one, though which bible you choose to read can make for a seriously different reading experience. For example, the relationship between David and Jonathan in the old testament (shh, I did a bazillion-page essay in this last year in ethics) -

actually it's better to read the original scripture even, King James' is also pretty corrupted

AuroraKing: I know that not everybody believes in the Bible. I believe that we would have a great world if everyone did. I mean think of it, no wars, no killing, no adultry, no lying, cheating, or stealing. But that's just my opinion and I'm getting off subject again.
Yeah, back in the Middle Ages when everyone followed the bible nobody ever did that stuff!

Take evolution for example.

wyd02ef5.jpg

wyd03gl3.jpg

wyd04gk1.jpg

wyd05kc1.jpg

wyd06de4.jpg

wyd07tf8.jpg

wyd08nv2.jpg

wyd09hk5.jpg

wyd10uk6.jpg

wyd11te0.jpg

wyd12pi3.jpg

wyd13ma3.jpg

wyd13aic0.jpg

wyd13bor5.jpg

wyd14fi6.jpg

wyd15re5.jpg

wyd16by6.jpg

wyd17kn8.jpg

wyd18xs2.jpg

wyd19ff2.jpg

wyd20yf6.jpg

wyd21lq4.jpg

wyd22jq3.jpg

wyd23zc6.jpg

wyd24nf5.jpg

wyd25nj4.jpg

wyd26yd4.jpg

wyd27rs0.jpg

wyd28wt9.jpg

wyd29ed6.jpg

wyd30ek9.jpg

wyd31yz0.jpg

This is an edit of the Chick Tracts, which I'm sure you read. http://www.chick.com/default.asp

I for one am against it. Not only is it disgusting for one but it's also against my religion. It prohibits homosexuality plain and simple in the Bible. I mean, God created the woman for a reason.

I was reading through some of the arguements here. Number 100, nowhere in the Bible does it say it allows slavery. I don't know where you got that idea but it's simply untrue. Trust me, my father is a pastor and has read the entire Bible over 4 times.

Now, I don't think homosexuals or bisexuals are bad people. They just don't understand that what they are doing is wrong. God works in mysterious ways. He is obviously trying to help them with this problem. Whether they decide to listen to Him is what they are dealing with.

So you ask me should homosexuality be legalized? No, I don't think it should. America is based on Christianity (Which it should. But that's another topic) And being that as it is, it seems that America should try to follow the laws of the Bible. Which is exactly why I don't think that it should be legalized.

I'm a Christian, and I think that what you said is a load of rubbish.

"When a man has an emission of semen, he must bathe his whole body with water, and he will be unclean till evening."
-Leviticus 15:16

"And the pig, though it has a split hoof and is completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you."
-Leviticus 11:7-8

So, if you follow Christian beliefs to the letter, then you won't ever have masturbated, or eaten any type of pig meat, even if you did not kill the pig. The man who did would be unclean, and if anything unclean touches another, then the thing it touches becomes unclean (still from Leviticus, by the way).

The Bible has some very traditionalist views on certain matters, such as homosexuality, which, although unacceptable 3,000 odd years ago, are acceptable in today's day and age.

Homosexuality is gay.
And that comic was hilarious.

AuroraKing: I know that not everybody believes in the Bible. I believe that we would have a great world if everyone did. I mean think of it, no wars, no killing, no adultry, no lying, cheating, or stealing. But that's just my opinion and I'm getting off subject again.

Just because you believe in a religion doesn't mean you're suddenly not a dick; if I converted to Christianity tomorrow I'd still be the same ass hole as I am now, I'd just believe in God.

Also, I really don't care what modern scientists are telling us.

Yes, how dare they endeavour to find the truth and make everyone's lives easier with things like medical science. How dare they.

Homosexuality is a choice despite what scientists say. With God's help anything is possible and that includes quitting being a homosexual.

To be honest, I myself would put more trust in scientists presenting evidence that can clearly be observed, reviewed, and mended or discarded if need be, than a magical sparkly man whose one piece of evidence is the 'undeniable' truth, no questions asked or you'll burn forever.

One more thing. I'm not trying to ram my religion down people's throats. I am simply stating what I know to be true. It's up to you to believe it or not.

And yet a second ago you said that life would be easier if everyone in the world were Christian. That isn't really ramming it down people's throats, but it's like wishing that everyone joined Christianity 'of their own free will' (a statement have heard somewhere before).

NWT: Are you going to tell God that his opinion doesn't count?

He gave us "free will", didn't he? Why should he judge us on something that is ours, given to us by him himself?

And now for your first post!

I for one am against it. Not only is it disgusting for one but it's also against my religion. It prohibits homosexuality plain and simple in the Bible.

This has probably already been said, but what about people who don't believe in religious texts prohibiting it?

I mean, God created the woman for a reason.

To have sex with other women?

:D?

Trust me, my father is a pastor and has read the entire Bible over 4 times.

Have you?

Now, I don't think homosexuals or bisexuals are bad people. They just don't understand that what they are doing is wrong. [Sentence removed due to the utter amount of 'cop out argument' it emits] He is obviously trying to help them with this problem. Whether they decide to listen to Him is what they are dealing with.

He's trying to help them? Considering he made people homosexual in the first place, I don't see how he's helping...

Unless he's trying to give us the sign that people should be allowed to do what they bloody well like?

So you ask me should homosexuality be legalized? No, I don't think it should. America is based on Christianity (Which it should. But that's another topic) And being that as it is, it seems that America should try to follow the laws of the Bible. Which is exactly why I don't think that it should be legalized.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

And ignoring your country being, "home of the free", and all.

Also, I really don't care what modern scientists are telling us. I mean sure some of it is true but a lot of scientists are atheist (No offense to anyone here who is) and they just want to find a way of explaining things without God. Take evolution for example. It is being disproved over and over again but scientists just keep coming up with even more crazy theories because they want to say that creation was of natural causes. Dang, I getting of subject again.
That's funny, because all of my scientific sources have some pretty convincing proof that evolution is true and most of the supposed impossibilities in evolution I have seen on creationist websites don't hold water if one is at all aware of how evolution works.

But okay, I'll bend over backwards for you. Let's assume that it's just creationists' word against the scientists' word. They can't both be right, so one of them must be ignoring some evidence or using invalid evidence; to find out which one, let's talk motives.

Do creationists have a motive to try to prove that God created life as it is? Yes, of course; the creationists in question, after all, mostly base their lives around the idea that the Bible must be literally true, and to accept that God did not create life would mean shaking the very foundations of this deep-rooted belief.

Do scientists have a motive to try to prove that God cannot have created life as it is? No. Scientists as a group are not at all parallel to creationists as a group. Scientists do not by definition hold dogmatic beliefs; for one thing many of them are Christians, and for another thing, those who are atheists are atheists because of the lack of evidence to suggest otherwise - most atheists I know would be the first to admit they were wrong if convincing evidence of God's existence arose.

In fact, if a scientist could honestly disprove the theory of evolution beyond a shadow of a doubt, he would be famous. He would be mentioned in all the rewritten textbooks. He would be looked upon as one of the greatest scientists ever to live for ages to come. Because whether you like it or not, science is about discovering the truth. A widely accepted theory being disproven is a major advance for science (meanwhile, any part of religious scripture being found fatally flawed weakens the scripture as a whole). If anything, scientists should be greatly motivated to try to disprove evolution, and if the evidence were really as abundant and convincing as creationists like to imply, somebody would without a doubt have done so already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom