• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's spread out from there so even non-religious people think it's stupid and unnatural (not necessarily evil, though) for whatever reason.

Do you know why people think it's unnatural? Because it's unnatural! There is no reason why a guy should love a guy in non- family/friendly way! It's not supposed to be like this! If it was, then there would be no women, and men would be able to have babies! (Everything in this post can be vice- versa)

Do you know why people think it's unnatural? Because it's unnatural! There is no reason why a guy should love a guy in non- family/friendly way!

I was planning on some huge argument, but instead I think I'll just pull this article out. Make sure you read it before you post again, otherwise I will easily tell you're trying to pull crap to satisfy some homophobic god.

Me? I'm nobody to decide. I'm just looking at the facts of how humans were and are made.

Lucas said:
Do you know why people think it's unnatural? Because it's unnatural!

don't contradict yourself, you just stated it was unnatural

I can tell you that homosexuality is a very natural result of the process of evolution and that men have every right to naturally fuck other men, same goes for women and women

America is based on Christianity
Don't make me break out the book, "Why We're Liberals".

As some one else said, love is love. We have no right to dictate who will love who. And if people love one another, there is no reason why they can't get married and have kids, even if the have to adopt.

Dannichu said:
WOMEN HAVE A PURPOSE OTHER THAN TO BEAR CHILDREN.

;~;

If anyone wants me, I'll be sobbing in the corner over here.
T_T May I join you?

T_T May I join you?

We can be the Sobbing Three. *weeps*

I don't think the unnatural argument is justified even if it is unnatural.
Sitting at a computer typing messages about homosexuality is unnatural. Should we stop doing that, too?

Do you know why people think it's unnatural? Because it's unnatural! There is no reason why a guy should love a guy in non- family/friendly way! It's not supposed to be like this! If it was, then there would be no women, and men would be able to have babies! (Everything in this post can be vice- versa)

Who you're attracted to and whether or not you want babies is not the same thing. As an example, loads of straight couples don't want kids.

Well, back from the depths of posting elsewhere, I'm going to further my idea that I posted back a while ago. I said that gay people were running out lives, and this is, for the most part true. They just keep it a secret. Which it something I'll touch upon after the funny comic >_>

newgaystereotype.gif

*Coughcough*

Aaaaannd anyway. With the whole keeping it secret thing, many homophobic are GAY, and only go along with the phobia* because they have it in their head that it's taboo. They're just denying what they are, and making their lives in miserableness (some even marry the opposite sex so people don't think they're gay >_>). And this includes the religions people. Hell, not saying it's true, but for former homophobic, not gay people obviously support my idea.

*(Homophobia is a phobia, and to quote Wikipedia "A phobia (from Greek: φόβος, phobos, "fear"), is an irrational, intense, persistent fear of certain situations, activities, things, or persons." Homophobic is IRRATIONAL!)

And, for the stuff from the bible that's taken up many pages in this thread, I have one thing to say:

You can't follow the bible exactly. You're human, and sure as hell ain't no Jesus. There is a reason Jesus died. Not saying you should sin because of it, but you might as well make you're self happy, as long as you're not hurting anyone else. I'm sure God wants his people to be happy >_>

If not, I'd rather go to hell.

Actually, homophobia is the one word ending in "phobia" that doesn't nessisarily mean a fear of something. According to the dictionary, homophobia is:

1. Fear of or contempt for lesbians and gay men.
2. Behavior based on such a feeling.

It really pisses me off when people say "I'm not homphobic - I'm not scared of gays, I just don't like them."

Actually, homophobia is the one word ending in "phobia" that doesn't necessarily mean a fear of something.

Other important words also bolded.

My point is, any anti-gay behaviour is homophobic, be it borne out of fear, ignorance, hatred or whatever. It's not the same as being irrationally scared of spiders or the number thirteen; the word umbrellas all kinds of behaviour, be it an irrational fear response, or murdering a gay person for their orientation.

But nobody would describe racism as an “irrational fear of black people” or sexism as “fear of women”, so why treat homophobia as the same as things like claustrophobia?

Some companies, despite equality laws, won’t hire someone because of a sexual orientation. Are they any more afraid of the person they won’t hire because s/he’s gay than the woman they won’t hire because she’s female?

Hitler killed thousands of gays in his concentration camps, and he was no more scared of them as he was of the disabled people he gassed alongside them – he just thought society was better off without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom