• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that we would have a great world if everyone did.

Yes we would, let me explain just how great of a world we would have if we ignored several millenia of human advancement and went back to how things were back then

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that slavery is ok.
Exodus21_half.JPG

of course you can trust a pastor to give you a non-biased view of his religion, I mean, no conflict of interest amirite

I mean think of it, no wars,
Isaiah13-15_half.JPG

no killing
Numbers31-17_half.JPG

Tim2-11_half.JPG

Psalms137-9_half.JPG

I mean totally how much more awesome would society be if we followed the bible to the letter?

Homosexuality completely aside for a sec, I find this massively insulting.

Please tell me you don't honestly belive that a woman's only worth lies in having babies with her husband. Please.

You'll make me cry, otherwise.

Sorry, Bible doesn't give you freedom to argue with us men.

The Bible also says not to plant two different crops in the same field, cut a woman's hand off for trying to disable another man in the crotch, force a man to marry a woman if he raped her, and tells us about some woman who never had sex yet managed to have a son that grew up into a zombie. Pretty solid book, if I may say so.

Aren't we supposed to be talking about Homosexuality? I think it should be legal everywhere. People have the right to love whoever they want no matter what gender they are.

ゼニガメ26;3197 said:
Aren't we supposed to be talking about Homosexuality?
We are, but after a flood of people all saying "gay people are alright" there's bound to be someone who argues otherwise, so a good portion of the debate turned to attacking the bible (which is almost invariably invoked in anti-gay rights debates). The implication is that if something asserts X is bad, yet expressly allows Y and Z (both of which are frowned upon in modern society), then it weakens the argument against X. Therefore, we were never really off topic. :)

I'm just going to say this, which is basically repeating what everyone else has said. Love is love. Everyone has the right to their own lifestyle, and no one should have controll over it. If God was against homosexuality, he probably would not have let it come into the world.

Also, most adolescents are narrow minded idiots. I hate the way they throw around "gay" as an insult. I hate it more when the teachers turn their heads. And that's all I have to say here.

That was a bit messed up there Music Dragon.
And he thinks the same of your comments.

Vladimir: Nowhere in the Bible does it say that slavery is ok. I don't know where you heard that but it's simply untrue. As I said before, my father is a pastor and has read the entire Bible over 4 times and nowhere in it does it say that slavery is ok.
Exodus 21:20.

Also, I really don't care what modern scientists are telling us. I mean sure some of it is true but a lot of scientists are atheist (No offense to anyone here who is) and they just want to find a way of explaining things without God. Take evolution for example. It is being disproved over and over again but scientists just keep coming up with even more crazy theories because they want to say that creation was of natural causes. Dang, I getting of subject again.
Modern science is not an opponent of religion. it's finding all the truth we can with the knowledge we currently /have/, and figuring out what we don't, instead of making ourselves feel okay with not knowing something by calling it gods will.

Homosexuality is a choice despite what scientists say. With God's help anything is possible and that includes quitting being a homosexual.
Homosexuality is not a sickness, ailment, or choice. Prove me wrong using non contradictory passages from the bible. Also please explain these

NWT: Are you going to tell God that his opinion doesn't count?
I do believe your god is either fictional, or if it is a benevolent/kind/accepting god, not pleased with your ignorance and mistreatment of his other children.
Also if the bible is his literal opinion, yes. he doesn't get to be heard because of these passages

Last edited:
Tropiking, answer these two simple question.

How does homosexuality affect you?
Why is homosexuality so bad?

Just answer that for me. "The Bible says so", "God says so", or "my mommy/daddy said so" are not answers, by the way. Just answer those two questions.

Do be fair, those are vague questions; do you mean people having homosexual thoughts/feelings, people having homosexual relationships/sex, homosexuals having the same rights as straight people or what?

Even the RC church admits that there's nothing unnatural about a gay person having homosexual throughts, as long as they don't act on them.

True, but the defnition of the word is someone sexually attracted to memebers of the same sex; actually having sex with them is neither here nor there.

Silly dictionary.

Do be fair, those are vague questions; do you mean people having homosexual thoughts/feelings, people having homosexual relationships/sex, homosexuals having the same rights as straight people or what?

Even the RC church admits that there's nothing unnatural about a gay person having homosexual throughts, as long as they don't act on them.

I mean homosexuals having the same rights as straight people. Sorry I didn't clear that up before. ><

I could care less who messes around with who. I believe it's none of my biz.

Why are you guys only attacking one religion. Trust me the Koran is a hell of a lot creepier. Ive seen it. Both I find disturbing but, the Koran takes the cake. In fact in Iran they HANG gay people for being what they are. Woman are lower then camels over there. Trust me the Holy Bible is less backward then the Koran. When one of the chapters is 'Moses blood' you know it's freaky. Although the Holy Bible has a few disturbers like 'hit a child with a rod and deliver them from hell' or something like that. Yes, the Bible is against stuff but, what do expect MAN wrote it. Not God. God wasn't sitting by someone dictating what to write. Also some books didn't make it since priests didn't like them.

because we're arguing against someone who uses the Bible to justify their homophobia and not a Muslim using the Qu'ran

And we're not 'attacking' their religion, we're using genuine Bible passages to counter their arguments, when they were using the Bible to justify their homophobia and belief that the world would be better if we were all Christians living in super deluded rainbow land.

I could care less who messes around with who. I believe it's none of my biz.

Why are you guys only attacking one religion. Trust me the Koran is a hell of a lot creepier. Ive seen it. Both I find disturbing but, the Koran takes the cake. In fact in Iran they HANG gay people for being what they are. Woman are lower then camels over there. Trust me the Holy Bible is less backward then the Koran. When one of the chapters is 'Moses blood' you know it's freaky. Although the Holy Bible has a few disturbers like 'hit a child with a rod and deliver them from hell' or something like that. Yes, the Bible is against stuff but, what do expect MAN wrote it. Not God. God wasn't sitting by someone dictating what to write. Also some books didn't make it since priests didn't like them.

How obnoxiously scathing. You are implying that the Bible has one definite overall sentiment and the Qu'ran another. Were you correct, Christianity and Islam would not each be divided into denominations. Christianity and Islam have billions of adherents, each of whom interprets his respective Holy Book differently. Don't be so silly and sweeping as to say that one religion is worse than another and don't pretend that hangings in Iran reflect all the diverse attitudes of the Muslim fifth of humanity.

They're not attacking religion, they're saying that Tropiking's interpretation of the Bible is self-contradictory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom