• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously any textbook detailing homosexuality cannot be defined as good.

My psychology textbook has a whole section of a chapter devoted to basically the same thing Flora said. Almost in the exact same words.

Well look at the Dutch view of homosexuality (as a whole) compared to America's view of homosexuality.

Obviously any textbook detailing homosexuality cannot be defined as good.

Unfortunate implications
Because of your phrasing,
Be careful with you words
Or else you'll get a tazing~

taser.jpg

Unfortunate implications
Because of your phrasing,
Be careful with you words
Or else you'll get a tazing~

taser.jpg

Unfortunate implications:
Result of mis-communications
Please fix your public relations
Which'll be some hard operations
But be calm like impatiens
Unfortunate implications

One of my sociology textbooks (it's university-level, so the whole thing is mostly black-and-white block of text that even I as a sociology nut, struggle to read) has a giant, full-colour picture of The Villiage People on the homosexuality subsection.

Anthony Giddens has a fantastic sense of humour X3

One of my sociology textbooks (it's university-level, so the whole thing is mostly black-and-white block of text that even I as a sociology nut, struggle to read) has a giant, full-colour picture of The Villiage People on the homosexuality subsection.

Anthony Giddens has a fantastic sense of humour X3

This is why studying biology is interesting - the textbooks always have pretty pictures. :3

I didn't realize uni-level books would be any different.

Aside from the fact that they're made for University students, therefore able to have more information on a subject, go into deeper depth, use words that schools can't in case students don't understand them...?

I didn't realize uni-level books would be any different.

There's a difference in detail between junior- and senior-level books in secondary school, of course university-level biology is going to be more in-depth. I'd be surprised if many senior-level books even pointed out the glans, let alone the frenulum but I'm sure uni-level textbooks have a look at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom