• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How did you become a brony?

DarkAura

loves terra "brain cells? idk her" kingdomhearts
(If this should go somewhere else, can a mod please move it)

How did you get interested in MLP FiM?

For me, I was interested about a month after I joined here. I saw the MLP FiM club and I thought If teenagers watch the show, then it must be good. So I checked it out and I am totally hooked on it. I thank TCoD and all of its resident bronies for showing me the way to something that has changed my point of view in life. Basically, my life became 20% cooler.

So, how did you become a brony?

I'd seen people go on about it on various websites but it's probably the thread(s) here that made me curious enough to watch it. That and the fact that loads of members changed their names to pony names.

Coloursfall. His ponies are epicly epic. I was like daaang those ponies are cute I better watch the show herpaderp.

Everyone was freaking out about it on IRC so I was like well hey sure.

And now my boyfriend's more into it than I am... sighs

I'm not really part of the fandom and I tend to find a lot of the pony fandom irritating, but I'm not really someone enjoys fandom much. It's a nice show and stuff, but I'm not a brony.

Basically, my life became 20% cooler.

...wow, this line really is overused.

Through TCoD, actually. Got on the bandwagon here, and it just grew from there, and now I'm highly immersed in the fandom - the only other fandom I'm this active in is Pokemon.

Also, @OP: You may not know this, but a legend among bronies attends this forum. Have you ever read the superb fanfic "Antipodes"?

Wow I just read up to like chapter 24 in about 2.5 hours.

Who is this amazing person, and can I give them a hug and some cake????????

I have to thank this forum for getting me interested in checking it out with all the pony avatars and stuff around back when they first appeared. Now my life looks like this (except for the fact that I actually don't mind all that happening heh) + I even read tons of ponyfics, hang out in pony IRCs, converted literally like 70 people myself, and won a Rainbow Dash t-shirt.

My life didn't feel empty before ponies, but in retrospect it was a lot emptier before then.

Watched some youtube poops of it, and then got homesick a few days later so I watched the first episodes.

Everybody was creaming their pants over it so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Specifically, I think the first I heard of it was when people on #tcod were disagreeing with some article somebody wrote after seeing the first episode that was all OH LOOK MY LITTLE PONY IS HOMOPHOBIC AND RACIST AND SMART-SHAMING. Then a bit later they linked Lauren Faust's reply, which was all about how she wanted to make a girls' show where the girls are characters with different and flawed personalities and where they have real adventures. I was intrigued. Then I saw the results of some kind of a poll of people who watched the show, in which the majority was men aged 18-25 or so. I was more intrigued, because that's rather unusual for a My Little Pony show.

I wouldn't call myself a brony because I really don't think it's the second coming, but I do enjoy it; it's funny and has amusing characters and some real shining moments. (Also, it manages to make me like the exaggeratedly vain fashionpony. Tell me a year ago that I'll like the exaggeratedly vain fashionpony and I'll go "whuh?") Shadey, on the other hand, is pretty crazy about it. It just makes him happy. And that makes me happy, so.

I was at home for the Easter break and everyone on #tcod was all ponyponypony, so I was like "k", and then I downloaded most of series 1 and then watched up to like, episode ten. I enjoyed it! I introduced it to my university friends and one of them is now a hardcore brony.

I once thought that My Little Pony was just for little girls, but as soon as I watched it, I started liking it, thanks to everybody that is up here that likes it.

Thanks, everybody for helping me see the "bigger picture"

I can't stand the term "brony". I don't care how many people say that it's not actually supposed to be gendered or bring frat boys to mind. I'm not going to call myself a "bro", ny or otherwise.

That said, I don't remember exactly how I caught on to the fact that the Internet was abuzz about it, but I watched the first pilot episode at some point and kind of liked it. I didn't realize it was a TV pilot episode, though; I thought it was part of a movie. Then I never got around to continuing, but I kept linking fanart in #tcod because, hey, colourful ponies. Eventually, a few other #tcoders decided to actually check out the show, and I clued in that it was actually a show, and jumped on the bandwagon. Then each episode kept getting better than the last, and the rest is history.

uv, I believe that guy in your sig is talking to you. *stabbed*

'That guy'? You will address Alan Davies with the proper level of respect :o

While not a huge fan, my housemate/Welsh BFF sat me down and we've watched all of series 1 and parts of 2. It's pretty good fun, and I like some of the characters, but I haven't found it obsession-worthy, and it ranks under both The Sarah Jane Adventures and Horrible Histories in terms of "shows I am a decade too old to be socially allowed to enjoy".

I can't stand the term "brony". I don't care how many people say that it's not actually supposed to be gendered or bring frat boys to mind. I'm not going to call myself a "bro", ny or otherwise.

I feel the same way. 'Brony' just makes me shiver. e_e It's just, ew. MLP is such a sweet show and then you make it sound so gross like that. Ew.

I'm not the biggest fan, though; it isn't the kind of thing I find it easy to obsess over. I finished the first season but never started the second, so I'll probably do that eventually. And sometimes I draw fanart because it's seriously the cutest style ever. I really like the show, but I'm... not that deeply invested in it...?

Back
Top Bottom