• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do such a thing by posting here after all this time, but considering how vital this thread used to be in terms of RP planning, and how it should have been stickied a long while ago, I think there can be justification in that.

Anyways, SE and I have yet again been discussing possible plans for another Mass-Crossover RP, this one taking place in some sort of single dystopian continent, composed of several key franchises, with minor ones being outlying lands. What would you think of such an RP, and who here would be willing to (and free enough to) help DM it?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do such a thing by posting here after all this time, but considering how vital this thread used to be in terms of RP planning, and how it should have been stickied a long while ago, I think there can be justification in that.

Anyways, SE and I have yet again been discussing possible plans for another Mass-Crossover RP, this one taking place in some sort of single dystopian continent, composed of several key franchises, with minor ones being outlying lands. What would you think of such an RP, and who here would be willing to (and free enough to) help DM it?

Damnit, don't tempt me....I might, though. I do have a lot of free time most afternoons and on weekends. Although being in Australia might be problematic...

Soooo.... There wouldn't happen to be a Bleach-based RP, would there? Or anyone who would like one? Anybody? *Silence*....

If not, I DEMAND A NEW MASS CROSSOVER unless there's one right now I don't know of. In which case, I'll feel stupid, but what's new?

Anyway... Bleach? Anyone?

The last one died out about a month ago, and the above quote is my and SE's attempt at another one. The "jumping from world to world" idea has proven itself to fall flat, so the dystopian continent is another possibility for multiple franchises. I, however, am a bit reluctant to DM this one, since the last one I tried didn't end too well.

Yeah, they do tend to die out, don't they? The Continent does seem like it would have a more stable system, though. Less confusion, and people won't feel quite as left out just because they don't know about one place or another. Yeah, I'd sign up.

I have no idea who I'd play. I never want to play a canon character because I'm afraid I'll screw up. Maybe I'll try this time!

OK, if a few other souls are willing to help me, I will take up the task of DMing the next mass crossover. Things might get busy for me next month going into finals and such, but they might get busy for everyone, making that less of an issue.

After much thinking, I am willing to recruit a few Co-DMs (such as you, Storm) to help me run this, since I know that I can't run an RP on my own.

Also, I've PMed SE with a bit of a "first draft" of the plot, and f I don't receive a response in a few days, I'll put it up here and see what you all think.

Well I was on my way to class when I began pondering an idea for the mass crossover.

It's a single continent setting for the most part. Rather than a dystopian setting, though, I was thinking of a small super-lush uninhabited world, rich in whatever resources are necessary. Melange, petroleum, an active life stream, ores, fertile land, all sorts of stuff like that. The crossover comes when through technology, magic, or just plain luck, our set of universes finds a way here. And so, they stake their claim. Conflict is inevitable since it is again, a relatively small world.

I am also open to the idea of including natives on the world.

Hm, that does sound interesting. An RP almost totally made of conflict. Bound to be slightly violent, but eh.

I could help DM it if you want me to. Even though I don't exactly know what character I'd be yet. probably a mad moai

Hm, that does sound interesting. An RP almost totally made of conflict. Bound to be slightly violent, but eh.

I could be a Co-DM it if you want. Even though I don't exactly know what character I'd be yet. probably a mad moai

This is what I Sent to SE:

"It's not really known among the hundreds of beings, or "characters," as we have begun to call ourselves, how we got to this exact point. Millennium have passed, after all, since the Day.

But what we have come to accept is that after the Day, things have deteriorated.

The Worlds of Reality have melded into a singular Planet, and even that Planet's many continents have either drifted together or broken apart, one by one. It has since reached the point where naught but one large landmass and several lesser islets have become the sole area of residence for the Characters. Some legends tell of other lands that are still surviving on the open water, but there has been no success in finding them. Yet.

Until that point, All that there is is the Continent. And on that Continent, the notion of an "ideal" life amounts to having just enough to get by - and even then, most Characters don't have that privilege. Only a handful can enjoy a luxurious lifestyle, and they are all in the pocket of the Council.

Oh, right. I never wrote that part down. The Council are a group of Characters that seized power in the aftermath of the Day, and have since taken control of the Continent. Nobody really knows how many of them there are, or even
who they are - in the Millennium following the Day, most of us have either forgotten their identities or were silenced by their hit men - it's the hit men that carry out all of the Council's dirty work, they or their liaisons are all that anyone ever sees of the Council's work. It's been that way for quite a few centuries, now.

As for the Continent itself, I suppose you could say that they're the demonstration of what the Council is capable of. Most Characters these days wander the continents, acting as little "guns for hire" so that some of the other Characters can hold together whatever scraps of land they've managed to conquer - those guns for hire just use whatever scraps of pay they can get from these warlords to get by. All but one of the regions is in complete disarray, and that's supposedly the one that the Council has the most dominion over - that's a little too obvious, if you ask me. I suspect that they're holed up on one of the lesser islets.

Of course, I suspect many, many things.

I suspect, for example, that the Council were the ones behind the events of the Day, as well as everything that happened afterward. I have no evidence on this... it's all intuition that's guided me at this point.

Hell, if I didn't have intuition, I'd probably have been killed by the hit men decades ago.

I don't really know why I'm leaving this here. I've never left any entry in my Log in a place where one might access it. Maybe it's because I suspect my death will come soon. Maybe it's because I leave a warning to those that might come into existence once all is said and done. Or maybe... just maybe... I'm leaving this in hopes that there will be another Character out there that finds this and can rally together others to find the Council, and bring them down... and maybe even find out the cause behind the Day. It'll be interesting to find out."

-W

Any Co-Dm would automatically be slotted for a position in the Council. Others would be either the hit men, characters doing what they can to survive, or a character trying to bring down the Council and/or looking for "W."

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom