• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUYS I had the coolest dream last night.

The premise was that there was an island of dragons (it was called Armageddon or something in the dream, pronounced arm-ig-uh-don like in cat planet cat planet but that's kind of dumb) that nobody had found but somehow knew about (that wasn't really explained) and all dragons knew where it was in the same way that sea turtles know they beach they came from and salmon know what stream they were born in, but they are hard to find and thought to be a lot smaller than the dragons on the island. So nobody who managed to find a dragon and convince it to help them find the island have found it yet because it's kind of hard and hardly ever happens.

Does that sound interesting to anybody? It's kind of cliche and probably has been done before but maybe there could be some twist to it.

Sounds kind of fun, actually.

However, I'm pretty much in every RP in here, (seven, actually, though some haven't started yet. I have no self-control when it come to RPs) and aren't that critical of RPs in general so I can't really judge how cliched it is.

Last edited:
I honestly have an urge to do a role play with Pokemorphs. The people who join always have awesome characters to play along with but I'm not sure of a plot line. x_x Like, I wanted an assassin team thingy but that's as far as I got. ^^"

Okay, now that it's clear that the next Crossover plan is liked, I need to think of a title, and I need to start recruiting co-DMs, who will have the option of being Council members.

A co-DM will need to help run the plot of the RP forward, and possibly think of further plot points for the RP. That's really all that I can think of when it comes to responsibilities, other than enforcing the rules.

So, who's willing?

I don't have a title, but I have yet to co-DM, and would like to try it, if it's okay.

Though being a council member doesn't sound too thrilling unless... *Looks at stack of games*... Overlord...

@Kqueen: PLEASE. Do it.

Even though I've already expressed both my support of Exo's RP and my desire to be a co-DM over PM, I would like to state here and now in front of all the good people of TCoD's RP Board that this RP is made of 100% pure condensed awesome.

You are further compelled to join as our cookies, too, are made of 100% pure condensed awesome.

Well, I dunno if I'd actually want to try running it :v I was just sort of putting the idea out there for adoption I guess? Or maybe somebody to co-run it with me.

You could switch "dragon" and "island" with anything, I just thought the concept of looking for something by looking for something else was surprisingly coherent for a dream of mine, and that maybe it'd make a good springboard for other ideas. Maybe the island/whatever needs to be found because there's some kind of cure for horrible epidemic there, or maybe you unlock some kind of secret power... or something like that. Maybe both.

I've already expressed interest in co-DMing this. As for the title, one I arrived at for my continent idea was 'Concordant Crossroads'. However, we could probably arrive at something a bit darker in tone.

I thought of a few titles. "Call to Arms," "The Uprising," and "After the Day - The Council." They're not great, but they could work.

I like the idea of "After the Day" being somewhere in the title, but I need to think of something "darker in tone" as Storm put it, and I'm not sure what it could be.

Though something along the lines of "After the Day - Call to Arms" might be a good option

@ Black Yoshi: Yeh, I want to but I need to further elaborate on it >.>
It's in need of a good plot. I just have the characters and what they do but...that sounds a little too simple, no?

@ KQueen: Well, the best I can do for a plot is a cliche little diddy involving a government/major corporation of one of the regions misusing the power of the 'assassin team,' and then the team gets all pissed when they find out, and basically topple the whole system.

And I apologize if that is no help whatsoever.

Okay, so this is what I have so far for the new crossover, besides rules:

Name: Possibly "After the Day - A Call to Arms"

DM: Myself
Co-DM: Cheatmaster, Shining Eevee, Storm Earth and Fire, Black Yoshi 99.

WOuld that be enough to fully consider getting this show on the road?

I should think so. Four co-DMs are plenty enough, and you could hire more after creating the thread if you wanted to, though there likely won't be any need.

And that title is awesome. I mean, really? "Not great"? Who even said that?!

*ahem* DOITDOITDOITDOIT--(etc.,etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom