• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beating my Dark-deck is beyond impossible, that's how awesome it is.

Plus I've spent 30 bucks to get ONE card, so it's not awesome if it's cheap. :/

But really, my deck is pretty rad. :3

As are my two best. One's a Chaos-Beatdown deck, and the other uses dragons. Lots of dragons, including Five-Headed Dragon.

I'm not sure which of my best two is the better one, even though my Chaos has several OTK strategies

I have spent over 100 dollars in card money, even though I got my ghost rare Stardust Dragon from a booster pa- *brutally murdered for ranting*

Personally, my Warrior deck is nearly unbeatable. My brother's Dragon Deck is also really strong, but he needs a good staring hand in order to win.

I would join except for two things:

One, I can't remeber hardly any cards.

Two, I got rid of my deck. God knows why. It did suck anyways, though.

Good point. We should probably focus on the aspects of the plot before we start.

It's about a Duel Academy, how much more of a plot do we need?

Unless you want to have shit going bananas, like Yu-Gi-Oh GX did all the time?

(That's what I think, at least. D:)

Well, I know from experience (Sunset Falls Academy) that if you leave an academy styled RP to go on without a plot, it falls flat on its face.
Unless you want to have shit going bananas, like Yu-Gi-Oh GX did all the time?
This would probably be a good idea.

Well, I know from experience (Sunset Falls Academy) that if you leave an academy styled RP to go on without a plot, it falls flat on its face.

This would probably be a good idea.

Another thing that worries me is the turn-based system. It's not like ASB (as far as I know.) The card game's various phases and spells and traps being able to work on the opponents turn would get a bit tricky.

I've gotten an idea for a Pokémon/Persona crossover.

There exists a time of the night called the Dark Hour, very few know about it, because very few experience it. The buildings, the night sky, as well as the moon assume a sickly green color, while bodies of water turn crimson. Puddles akin to blood pools will form in random surfaces as well, and all electrical appliances will cease to function. Normal people transmogrify into coffins and become oblivious to what is happening. Only those with the potential to face themselves, and call upon their Persona, their emotions and personality taken form to protect them, can fight the evil that lurks in the Dark Hour, known as shadows.

The Dark Hour has been brought into this world, how or why is unknown. Yet, someone is behind it, using it to take control the world during the time where no one can stop him. And during the Dark Hour, the power of Pokémon stop working, so they cannot use their moves, however, they can communicate with humans. So, a group of humans and Pokémon, equipped with Evokers, gun-shaped items that draws out their powers, their Personae, has taken it upon themselves to protect an oblivious world from this mysterious threat, and banish the Dark Hour.

It will take place in Sinnoh, around the Hearthome City area, and will have the kind-of dark Persona 3 theme. If you're interested, but there's something you do not understand, since I doubt you've played Persona, feel free to ask me.

Another thing that worries me is the turn-based system. It's not like ASB (as far as I know.) The card game's various phases and spells and traps being able to work on the opponents turn would get a bit tricky.

That is very true.

And Gardevior, it sounds very interesting.

Inspiration has struck me. What if it didn't involve duel academy?

Consider this:

The Dark Monsters: Evil Incarnations of the legendary "Deity Beasts." When they were created, they were deemed too powerful to be used, and too dangerous to destroy, so they were sealed away for eternity.

So the creators hoped, anyway.

For these beasts have been discovered. And they have taken over the minds of those who would dare control them. Each and every duelist who has obtained a Dark Beast has incorporated them into their decks, and the nine mediums for the Dark beasts seek a common goal: Resurrecting the Wicked Gods. Were they to succeed, nothing would stop them from sending the entire world into oblivion...

But all is not lost. Nine Duelists have obtained the nine "Deity Beasts." The courage of each and every one of those duelists will be needed in order to defeat all of the Dark Beast mediums, destroy the cards, and prevent the Wicked Gods from returning.

Will you join the Dark Beasts and try to destroy the world? Or will you join the Deities and protect it?

Nine is a bit of an "iffy" number, by the way. The nine monsters that would be used would be Dark Horus, The Dark Creator, Dark Nephthys, Dark Armed Dragon, Dark Simorgh, Darklord Zerato, Darknight Parshath, Dark General Freed, and Rainbow Dark Dragon.

That still doesn't fix the turn issue, though

Sorry, been grounded. I'm sneaking on as we speak. Anyways, I was thinking we could use our decks ((within reason. The rarer/stronger the cards, the longer it'd take to obtain/use them)) and I do have a plot idea for it. As for whether 5D's would be involved, I was thinking it'd take place before 5D's, so it wouldn't really have any influence from that.

That still doesn't fix the turn issue, though

I had an idea, but I get the feeling it's a bit overdone. Give all your cards a number, and then use a random-number generator to draw.

And either way, the story isn't half bad, it's standard Yu-Gi-Oh! plot, and it should work.

And I still don't know how many cards are allowed in a deck as max.

I had an idea, but I get the feeling it's a bit overdone. Give all your cards a number, and then use a random-number generator to draw.

And either way, the story isn't half bad, it's standard Yu-Gi-Oh! plot, and it should work.

And I still don't know how many cards are allowed in a deck as max.

60 maximum.

And I like your idea for how we would draw, but that still doesn't solve how we would, say, work chaining cards to other cards (see here.)

@Jason-Kun: How would
. The rarer/stronger the cards, the longer it'd take to obtain/use them
that- in context, for lack of a better word -work out? How long would it take to, say, use a Blue-Eyes?

Then it might take a very long time for a single battle to end, especially if the opponent has nothing to counter with. You'll have waited however long it takes for the opponent to post just so they could say "I can't do anything." It could get kind of frustrating.

*pokes head in* Well you could always use an online duel sim thingy to do the battles and then type them up RP-style after. I know a good one, I'm getting a link from a friend of mine soon, I can link you guys if you wanna do it that way.

Also I'd be interested. *cuddles her Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon based deck*

*pokes head in* Well you could always use an online duel sim thingy to do the battles and then type them up RP-style after. I know a good one, I'm getting a link from a friend of mine soon, I can link you guys if you wanna do it that way.

Also I'd be interested. *cuddles her Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon based deck*

That could work. It sounds like it has potential.

And I like how there's someone out there besides me that runs Blue-Eyes Shining. He's a very underrated card.

Xaldin's brother uses one in his dragon deck - I should know because I'm the one who gave him it.

This RP sounds interesting - trouble is, I have no deck and never really played seriously, so. XD

@Jason-Kun: How would that- in context, for lack of a better word -work out? How long would it take to, say, use a Blue-Eyes?

Well by obtaining them, I meant like buying/getting them for your deck. I was thinking for the rarer cards/super powerful, we'd start out without them in our decks and have to buy, earn them in tournaments, things of that nature. As for how long it'd take to use them, that'd depend on what dorm you were in or whatever. Example:

Osiris Red: 10-15 turns for strong cards
Ra Yellow- 5- 10
Obelisk- 3-5

I'll be posting my plot idea in a few hours, still need to find a way to phrase it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom