• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If you had been born the opposite sex, what would you have been named?

Re: If you had been born the opposite gender, what would you have been named?

My parents failed 8th year English/Lit or something.

Their names are all mispelled.

Theirs/normal/OTHER normal

Aimee/Amy. Chelsy/Chelsea. Stefan/Stephen/Steven

... uh, Stefan is not pronounced the same way as Stephen/Steven. It's a perfectly normal spelling.

If it helps, I pronounced it "Gurren Lagann" in my head.

Same. :D

Re: If you had been born the opposite gender, what would you have been named?

If it helps, I pronounced it "Gurren Lagann" in my head.

...I seriously have to stop mentally pronouncing Icelandic words as random words I'm already familiar with. ><
...I didn't see this post before I made my previous one (you probably made it while I was looking up all the IPA symbols). Have I told you I love you? <3

Hm, I haven't asked my parents, but judging from my brother's name, probably Michael. (My other brother is older than me, so I don't think I would have had his name. His name is awesome though. It's Kris with a K. Also, happy birthday Kris yaay you're nineteen now. But rest in peace Michiie, I didn't know you would die today...) I personally like the name, but I'd rather be named something like Drake or James.

...But in all honestly my parents might have named me something spanish, since we are spanish. But I also heard my parents say once that if I were a boy, my name might have been a combination of their names.

Ivette + Walter = Some ugly-ass name. D: Good thing I was female. :/ Speaking of which, all the names my parents considered for me if I turned out a girl were Ashley, Michelle, or Stephanie. No matter what name they chose I would end up having the same name as one of my current friends. How awesome.

My father said either Ashley or Elise.

I could deal with Ashley or Selene

You father has a wonderful taste in names. Ashley's my name. :3
...Although I'm 99% sure that you're aware of that seeing as we're Facebook friends. If you're not, I'm going to be sad.
Abnormally long post for a thread about baby names is long.

My mother originally wanted to name me Lauren, short Laurie. But her mother stepped in and said no, that that was a man's name. *Shrugs* So she went with her second, and gave me Lauren as a middle name. So I'm Ashley Lauren. Except Ashley was such a popular name when I was born I've run in to sooo many, but not all the same spelling.

*thumbs up to Mini Moonwalker*

My mother always tells me how she loves the name Noah, so if I were a guy that'd most likely be my name.

My mother always tells me how she loves the name Noah, so if I were a guy that'd most likely be my name.

Hrrmmmm our parents must have similar minds - that is my name!

But if I were born a girl I would've been Hannah. :| It's okay but not great.

My parents considered the names Christine, or Grace, were I to have been born a lady, and not this piece of trash guy :D both are rather nice names, if I do say so myself~ much better choices too, considering my Dad wanted to name me Excalibur, or Silver when I was born; thankfully, my Ma wouldn't have any of that.

Would have been Arora, which is what my younger sister's called.
Or maybe Yasmin, after my mam.
Or Talia.

I have the only boring name in my family. >.>

My mother originally wanted to name me Lauren, short Laurie. But her mother stepped in and said no, that that was a man's name. *Shrugs* So she went with her second, and gave me Lauren as a middle name. So I'm Ashley Lauren. Except Ashley was such a popular name when I was born I've run in to sooo many, but not all the same spelling.

wh

buh

My dad originally wanted to name me Lauren. But my mom ... and so they compromised and ...

I'm Laura Ashley.

/blinks

I. Am not sure. I think it was something along the lines of Brandon or Braeden. Braeden, I think. It's okay, I guess. I like my name a lot more because I'm named after an actress~

I think my parents didn't think on names until they found out I'd be a girl, so yeah.

But I'm pretty sure my mum would have insisted on me being called Edward, after her late father, if either of her children had been male. I love the name Edward so it would have been a-okay \o/

*thumbs up to Mini Moonwalker*

thumbs-up.jpg

Ashley = best name ever.

my Dad wanted to name me Excalibur, or Silver

Those names are wonderful. :(

...I didn't see this post before I made my previous one (you probably made it while I was looking up all the IPA symbols). Have I told you I love you? <3

I think this calls for a big, geeky, three-way high-five <3

And adding that my middle name is Christina, and while I don't like it, if it was my first name, I'd totally go by Chris, which I think is a fantastic girl's name and an alright boy's one.

Back
Top Bottom