• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If you were an admin here...

Kratos Aurion said:
ultraviolet's timezone is way off from most of the rest of the boards'.

yes, I'm six hours ahead of Music Dragon and twelve hours ahead of Vixie.

it's a lonely place. :'(

oh, and I don't browse invisible. Because, you know. I hardly see anyone as it is. o.o

Ah the ninja mods. Myself, bringing back some of the styles from the past, my brain fails me at the moment, but I remember there being a lot more of them back before IF died.

I might consider putting an age restriction on some forums, like Serious Business. Or creating an age restricted area.

Ah the ninja mods. Myself, bringing back some of the styles from the past, my brain fails me at the moment, but I remember there being a lot more of them back before IF died.

I might consider putting an age restriction on some forums, like Serious Business. Or creating an age restricted area.

Gee I wonder for whom that might be?

do try and not take everything personally, Pwnemon. We have had quite a few younger users come into the debating hall/srs bsns and be generally stupid or annoying. But I mean, age restrictions are dumb anyway. We have lots of users who are young-ish, but nobody notices because they don't act like idiots. :P

Age restriction might not work out as well as intended; some thirteen-year-olds can put up a pretty good argument, while some 16+ members could have...well, let's just say shabby arguments.

IIRC from my four-month pre-explosion TCoD tenure, we had a member group that was specifically for viewing the Coughing Cupboard and Serious Business forums, and a member could get kicked out if the mods felt he/she couldn't post maturely on these boards. (though I think it did generate some problems like "i can't figure out where this complaining thread goes I'll just put it in the Laughing Cupboard")

perhaps doing something like this (except only for the Serious Business forum) might work?

Age restriction might not work out as well as intended; some thirteen-year-olds can put up a pretty good argument, while some 16+ members could have...well, let's just say shabby arguments.

IIRC from my four-month pre-explosion TCoD tenure, we had a member group that was specifically for viewing the Coughing Cupboard and Serious Business forums, and a member could get kicked out if the mods felt he/she couldn't post maturely on these boards. (though I think it did generate some problems like "i can't figure out where this complaining thread goes I'll just put it in the Laughing Cupboard")

perhaps doing something like this (except only for the Serious Business forum) might work?

It works the opposite way now; everyone has access, but you can be shifted to a "can't see serious business" group if necessary.

That was actually my intention originally. I just had a brain fail on the correct words.

And Pwnemon seriously? For your information back when you could get kicked out of the Coughing Cupboard and such back on "pre-explosion TCoD" I got kicked out... twice.

It sucked, but I deserved it because I messed up.

Turn gender into a freeform text field instead of a three-option dropdown. I want room to not specify either male or female without saying "call me 'it'", since I do present as male but don't always feel like having "Gender: Male" at the top of all my posts. :c If people want to take that and default to 'it' pronouns, that's their decision, not my preference.

Turn gender into a freeform text field instead of a three-option dropdown. I want room to not specify either male or female without saying "call me 'it'", since I do present as male but don't always feel like having "Gender: Male" at the top of all my posts. :c If people want to take that and default to 'it' pronouns, that's their decision, not my preference.

I second this.

I'd come to realize that how most member feel obliged to justify why they made a topic when they make topics and soon figure that there must be a sense of tense atmosphere among members in the forum when it comes to practicing their free speech, later realize its highly to do with the mods in the forums, dictating how people should speak, forcing a certain behavior among all members, and having their freedom to harass members as long as flaming is not included. The Kool Kids Klub as someone has mentioned before. Moreover I'd go on a Demodding renaissance - which has all been done for most part, and the forums improved a lot since the last 4 years, so it's all cool

Ummmm as a general rule the mods here don't do anything.
So that explains why it takes days to get an HTML sig approved.

I'd cry if I was admin. I truly suck at responsibility and dislike being modded/made admin. Not to mention my tendency to disappear from places for long periods of time.

People don't seem to want HTML sigs that often, so no, we don't think to look at it much; if it's been forever and hasn't been approved yet there's no reason you can't give one of us a nudge, though!

Back
Top Bottom