• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If you were an admin here...

People don't seem to want HTML sigs that often, so no, we don't think to look at it much; if it's been forever and hasn't been approved yet there's no reason you can't give one of us a nudge, though!

I'll keep that in mind. lol
I was gonna wait a week before nudging anyone tbh. :U

Turn gender into a freeform text field instead of a three-option dropdown. I want room to not specify either male or female without saying "call me 'it'", since I do present as male but don't always feel like having "Gender: Male" at the top of all my posts. :c If people want to take that and default to 'it' pronouns, that's their decision, not my preference.
The thing about gender as a freeform text field is that the gender field refers to grammatical gender: it is there to help people figure out what pronouns to use, and most people have no idea what the hell something like "genderqueer" or "androgynous" is supposed to mean about pronoun usage. Furthermore, like the "Location" field, a freeform text field would encourage people to just make silly jokes in it, also not helpful for pronoun use. If people are dissatisfied with the current gender field, it would be far more conductive to the original purpose of that field to rename it to "preferred pronoun".

newgenderoptiontcod.png

I admit, I stalk the online users list too much.

Be slightly less of a lurker, maybe.
...or just lurk all the time and pretend to be doing something useful.

Maybe hold contests for Pokemon-based smilies or something random like that. Except Butterfree already did that with the Pokemon sprites.

Oh, I know! I'll become a lurker!
...ohwait.

Enjoy my powers of editing-other-peoples-posts-ness. I would, like, fix all the grammar mistakes. <grammar nazi>

I would use this so much on this other forum i go to. I kid you not, somebody misspelled "sentence" there.

Oh and every time somebody misspelled "definitely" they would also get a ten point infraction.

I would use the ability to correct other people's spelling and grammar very much on another forum I go to. I kid you not, somebody misspelled "sentence" there.

As an admin, every time somebody misspelled "definitely" they would also get a ten point infraction.

I still think it would be a little to correct other people's spelling and grammar.

I swear, every time I see a misspelled easy word my face turns into this. I would like it /a lot./

EDIT: Opal, I'm being dead serious right now.

Back
Top Bottom