• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If you were an admin here...

On site chat system? No going to other sites and downloading and grr.... just click and chat.

Also I would think of a way to get funding... like t-shirts or something. *shot*

Not everyone's computer can handle it. I've gone on #tcod twice and I crashed and burned both times. So now there's a TCoD experience I can never join in on. But having an in browser chat, that would help.

I believe you can just use Mibbit to connect to the channel without having to download anything; you just would have to manually enter the server since it's not on the list (irc.veekun.com, channel #tcod).

I would drop into this thread every so often and say

... oh wait, I am an admin!

But other than that, I'm not really sure, maybe get myself a bigwig position in the ASB forum, or something like that.

Not everyone's computer can handle it. I've gone on #tcod twice and I crashed and burned both times. So now there's a TCoD experience I can never join in on. But having an in browser chat, that would help.

Dude, IRC clients are some of the most lightweight programs around. If you can't run one, I have to question how on Earth you're managing to run a browser.

Dude, IRC clients are some of the most lightweight programs around. If you can't run one, I have to question how on Earth you're managing to run a browser.

Sigh, it's my parent's laptop, and trust me it's an effing miracle that it works at all. THEY DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING. And it's so riddled with virus' that I wouldn't put my personal laptop (poor thing is collecting dust) in the same room.

I can't afford internet at home, so I go to my parent's every now and again for interent stuff that I can't do at the work computer. (I am at the work computer now.) Since they block things, like chat clients and email hosts.

Sigh, it's my parent's laptop, and trust me it's an effing miracle that it works at all. THEY DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING.

get them to make backups and reinstall it! although, considering the sort of people you make them out to be, perhaps not so easy.

And it's so riddled with virus' that I wouldn't put my personal laptop (poor thing is collecting dust) in the same room.

... this is complete nonsense ??

I can't afford internet at home, so I go to my parent's every now and again for interent stuff that I can't do at the work computer. (I am at the work computer now.) Since they block things, like chat clients and email hosts.

I have no idea why you'd want an email host, but there are so many workaround for blocks, depending on why it's blocked, how it's blocked, and what OS it runs. actually, not so much why it's blocked.

If I was an admin i would do two things:
1. Talk to Bachuru (Dragonfree) whenever I could. I don't feel like I can except for a thread if mine. I was happy.
2. Bother the heck outta everyone and delete all comments but mine! Muahaha! Not really.

If I were an admin people would not like the end of the month and everything would be less fun.

So do you want to be an admin? I actually don't completely want to... I mean, sure, it would be cool, but really, I'm not that competent. I'm only 9. *makes cutie face*

I'd put tighter rules on swearing. Like you have to have those little stars [*] in words when you swear? Or censers? Or just make it completely against the rules.

Back
Top Bottom