• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kingmaker Mafia III

To get the ball rolling, I'll start by voicing my suspicions for you, Light. The whole sleep schedule thing can act as a cover even when it's true. You brought up the Superbird quote to try to lynch him, especially with the lack of leads in day one. Pouncing on that bit of text can easily be passed off as day one jitters.

It's understandable that you would, but I think you guys can let it rest for now. I'm trying to get a discussion going, and that makes me the most pro-town person at the moment.

Right now, I'm highly suspicious of anyone who isn't talking.

Honestly, given this set-up, there's not much "logic" involved. It's all based on gut feelings towards other players posts. It's not ideal for me, but I suppose I'll just have to deal with it for now.

It's how classical mafia games work, and it's what can make them so mind-gamey. It makes it really difficult that we're not in the same room to pick up emotional cues, but I'd really like to see it more in games around here.

Mai, you're usually pretty participatory.

Got anything to say?

Sorry, the lack of real logic in this game pretty much resulted in me shutting up :V Though I suppose finding out the mafia can only be done efficiently if people talk.

Vaguely agreeing with ILS in that your accusations were suspicious - it's a lot harder/less effective to get emotional cues from behind a computer screen, etc., so it's not really ideal.

Wasn't a fan in the way DarkAura ran things as king, in general: thought the theories were ... pressing too hard in a nonsensical way, didn't contribute much otherwise, randylynched at the last minute (wasn't online to naysay, unfortunately). In that vein, blazhy wasn't very effective in convincing me otherwise... though you may conclude that same thing for me otherwise, I don't know.

Still, the most inactive people have been Flora, blazhy, and DarkAura, and assuming activity ==> innocence and VM included, there we have our mafia (remember: kings can be mafia)??? Not exactly comfortable with putting a full blanket this is it, but.

Hey, I was the first one as king and I had absolutely no clue how to be one besides just executing. I kept on thinking "oh who do I execute", " what if they don't want me to lynch so-and-so and one of them becomes king next phase and execute me off in a bloodthirsty thirst???" This wasn't entirely rational, but can you blame me?

I know, I really could've done better, and I really am sorry, but we had nothing to go on besides word of mouth, and I had to execute someone. It just seemed like the best option at the time.

and I was pretty much at a dance the entire day, most of which was setting it up. Plus the fact that my internet is still semi-limited, I haven't had much of a chance to actually post. That's pretty much why I was inactive.

Sorry, the lack of real logic in this game pretty much resulted in me shutting up :V Though I suppose finding out the mafia can only be done efficiently if people talk.

Vaguely agreeing with ILS in that your accusations were suspicious - it's a lot harder/less effective to get emotional cues from behind a computer screen, etc., so it's not really ideal.
Yeah, even if this is how a "traditional" set-up works, it's too much of a guessing game when you can't read each others emotional cues. That's why forum mafia is designed to rely more on logos than pathos. But when just about all the innocents have the same role, their claims are impossible to pick apart.

Wasn't a fan in the way DarkAura ran things as king, in general: thought the theories were ... pressing too hard in a nonsensical way, didn't contribute much otherwise, randylynched at the last minute (wasn't online to naysay, unfortunately). In that vein, blazhy wasn't very effective in convincing me otherwise... though you may conclude that same thing for me otherwise, I don't know.

Still, the most inactive people have been Flora, blazhy, and DarkAura, and assuming activity ==> innocence and VM included, there we have our mafia (remember: kings can be mafia)??? Not exactly comfortable with putting a full blanket this is it, but.
Has Flora posted at all yet? I mean... she doesn't post much in the games she participates in, regardless of alignment. But still... maybe it would be a good idea to lynch her?

blazhy... hasn't been very active in this game, but is fairly active in the pokechoice mafia game. That's really not much reason for suspicion, given there is little to talk about in this game, but yeah, still a possibility...

I can't really blame DarkAura for wanting to randomize it. There was very little to go off of on day one, and even if she lynched a townie, there was a 2/3 chance of that happening anyway. But her being mafia is still quite possible. Well, it's still possible for anyone, really.

Light has kind of said some vaguely suspicious stuff. But even if he was mafia, I don't think he would just shut up and not say anything. I've seen a bit of his playing style, and he participates fairly actively whether town or mafia. DarkAura brought up the possibility that he is hero baiting the king to lynch him, but that's a pretty bold move unless he had serious reason for suspecting the king. Does anyone... have thoughts on this?

I'm still not sure who to execute at this point, but it's probably one of either Flora, blazhy, or Light. Mai and ILS don't seem very suspicious.

and I was pretty much at a dance the entire day, most of which was setting it up. Plus the fact that my internet is still semi-limited, I haven't had much of a chance to actually post. That's pretty much why I was inactive.

Okay, so I guess you just ninja'd my post and all, but this isn't a particularly convincing excuse. Maybe not as suspicious as Light's whole sleep schedule thing, but still.

Yeah, even if this is how a "traditional" set-up works, it's too much of a guessing game when you can't read each others emotional cues. That's why forum mafia is designed to rely more on logos than pathos. But when just about all the innocents have the same role, their claims are impossible to pick apart.

Has Flora posted at all yet? I mean... she doesn't post much in the games she participates in, regardless of alignment. But still... maybe it would be a good idea to lynch her?

blazhy... hasn't been very active in this game, but is fairly active in the pokechoice mafia game. That's really not much reason for suspicion, given there is little to talk about in this game, but yeah, still a possibility...

I can't really blame DarkAura for wanting to randomize it. There was very little to go off of on day one, and even if she lynched a townie, there was a 2/3 chance of that happening anyway. But her being mafia is still quite possible. Well, it's still possible for anyone, really.

Light has kind of said some vaguely suspicious stuff. But even if he was mafia, I don't think he would just shut up and not say anything. I've seen a bit of his playing style, and he participates fairly actively whether town or mafia. DarkAura brought up the possibility that he is hero baiting the king to lynch him, but that's a pretty bold move unless he had serious reason for suspecting the king. Does anyone... have thoughts on this?

I'm still not sure who to execute at this point, but it's probably one of either Flora, blazhy, or Light. Mai and ILS don't seem very suspicious.

And there's even a little roleclaim restriction, too! Fun.

RIP interesting game mechanic Alligates. That sucks.

Ugh, I keep forgetting how difficult day 1 is because of no leads. Especially in this game...

Yeah, Flora is pretty inactive regardless of status. :V But maybe.

I guess we should just calling in people to give their input? (Blazhy, come here and say something.)

Yeah, I suppose so on that. I don't believe she's mafia for lynching an innocent, but I'm not really convinced of her innocence, you know?

For Light... it's on and off. I don't think at this point he should be the first to lynch, but I don't think he should be at the bottom of the list either. The hero thing seems really unlikely, so if he's innocent he's almost certainly a vanilla townie, therefore not as much harm there - but he did kickstart the speaking, I suppose. So.

Mai quoted my one post, so yeah, have posted, but it was before any real action happened.

And yeah, I do tend to be inactive, but in this case it was actually because I was occupied all of Thursday! My sister graduated and thus. Couldn't do anything that day.

I wish I had more to say on this, other than agreeing that logic is really hard in simple internet mafia, but alas.

Better step it up, King Vanilla Mongoose! You have 48 hours to execute someone.

This seems to indicate a couple things.

First, we have to execute a mafia today or it's game over. Second, it seems to hint at VM's innocent alignment.

I'm really not a fan of blazhy at this point, but I want to hear her speak.

Well, if she's not going to speak, I might as well go for it. I have a pretty good feeling blazhy is mafia anyway.

Execute blazheirio889

Similar problems to the rest of you; it's hard to do internet mafia without interesting roles, and well pretty much the only role that would help us already died, so. :| There isn't too much to say.

Since there are 3 mafia and 4 townies left, yeah, if we don't execute a mafia member, we're done for. That was already clear without Eifie's message. And I'm not sure how Eifie's post seems to hint at VM's innocent alignment? I hardly think a GM would give hints like that, and I can't see it myself anyway...

Light is the only one who seems to be lynchable, perhaps, but I dunno. While the sleep schedule thing can be a flimsy excuse, I can definitely say that it does muddle you up, and he's been the one kickstarting discussion, which is vital. So. And I don't blame DarkAura for randlynching, her odds were pretty good anyway (and I sorta vouched for randlynching too, so of course I wouldn't blame her for it :P). As for Flora, well, inactive lynch won't really help us any more than random lynching will at this stage.

Damn. Uh, since there's still a lot of time left in the day and blazhy was posting at the same time I could let that one slide if you want to, VM.

By the way, the game doesn't automatically end when there's a mafia majority since that doesn't mean that the mafia have control of the lynching. It is theoretically possible, if the town is lucky, to make a comback from that scenario.

... right. Then since our odds of hitting a mafia member are pretty good, we should probably just keep trying to lynch them off until loss/victory happens.

Iii... don't really have much else to say, really. I'm not really getting any notably suspicious vibes from anyone and I suck at discerning emotion over the internet anyway. So I guess the next most inactive person (that would be ILS, if my memory serves me correctly) should say something?

I'm still a bit suspicious of blazhy, for the simple reason that her post seemed more designed to muddle things than provide leads.

If I was mafia, I'd probably try to focus suspicion on someone I knew wasn't, right? And there are two sorta-candidates for that (you and DarkAura, though DarkAura not quite as much). I did muddle stuff, sure, but that's more because I don't think the leads we have right now are very solid at all. Unfortunately I also have no other leads to provide.

Suspicious or not, we do have a lot of time left and I think we should use it by calling people out and asking them to talk, instead of ending the day prematurely by executing anyone.

I don't really know what you would do, but muddling things is a legitimate scum strat. I don't know what kind of leads you're waiting for in a game like this, could you clarify?

I agree that we should use our time, and I want ILS to say something, but I'm still not clear on your reason for thinking I'm the most suspicious person at the moment. You guys can go look at my post times; they were crazy weird.

It's not like I'm trying to muddle things on purpose, it just happened because I'm reluctant to focus on the leads we have right now because they're really flimsy at best. Of course, that attitude in this sort of game, where information isn't forthcoming, might not be the best attitude. But still, focusing on current leads sort of closes us off to others that may come along. I'm not exactly /waiting/ for leads rather than /hoping/ for them, and in a game like this the only way we'll get them is by making people talk.

To be fair I don't exactly know your time zone, so I can't say for sure if your post times are crazy weird. If it's the same as mine (I posted this at around 11:40am), then they're... a bit odd (2:30am and 8:30am or so?) but not super duper odd. Light, I don't think you're very suspicious, it's just that everyone else seems less suspicious.

Thanks for clarifying. My time zone is American Central (there is a TCoD location project somewhere where you can verify this), so about an hour off from yours (making my posts 1:30 and 7:30 in the same morning). We seem to have mutually crossed with our suspicions, so I guess it's up to others to throw in their thoughts, or nominate someone else for the chopping block.

Because they are so nice, the bloodthirsty townspeople are willing to give the king another 24 hours to execute someone if he needs them.

Back
Top Bottom