• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kingmaker Mafia III

Hrm... awkward situation.

I might change my decision but the only two people talking right now are Light and blazhy, neither of whom I particularly trust.

There's not a whole lot of time left in the day (4 hours at this point) but I don't want to stifle discussion either. After all, we need whatever precious "information" we can get in a game like this.

I'm somewhat busy today so I can't guarantee that I'll be on the forums this evening, so I suppose what I'll do is tell the GM to Auto-Execute blazheirio889 at the end of the day phase, unless I'm convinced to do otherwise.

Because they are so nice, the bloodthirsty townspeople are willing to give the king another 24 hours to execute someone if he needs them.

GOD. DAMN. NINJA-POSTING.

It's becoming a serious problem in this game.

It doesn't help that my obsessive compulsive tendencies make it take like 30 minutes for me to write a simple post.

VM, is there any particular reason why you don't trust me, besides the fact that I was pretty inactive before being called out (and I've already addressed why that's the case)?

VM, is there any particular reason why you don't trust me, besides the fact that I was pretty inactive before being called out (and I've already addressed why that's the case)?

By addressing why that's the case, do you mean saying that there isn't much to say? Because although that may be true, encouraging discussion can only help the town. Players that don't speak until they are accused should raise some red flags with the town, and in your case, you have pretty much been leading the discussion in the PokeChoice mafia.

I'll admit I don't have any solid proof you are mafia (Such a thing is pretty hard to come by in such a setup), but if I eliminate those least likely to be mafia, the odds of you being mafia significantly increase.

Light is still extremely suspicious to me, but if I change my mind now and turn out to be wrong then I'm going to be pretty pissed off that I didn't trust my initial judgment. I think it's extremely likely that either you or Light are mafia, but I don't think you both are.

Well, the anticipation is killing me at this point. It's been well over 48 hours, and it seems like no one is posting at this point. So, I will execute blazhy for real this time. Sorry if I'm wrong :/

Unable to restrain themselves any longer, the bloodthirsty nice people pile upon blazhy in droves, suffocating her with niceness.

blazheirio889 is dead. She was a Just Plain Nice Guy.

48 hours for night actions. (But there are still only two of them.)

Blah blah blah...

Mai is dead. They were a Just Plain Nice Guy.

Banish those unworthy of the title of Nice Guy, I liek Squirtles!* You all have fourty-eight hours to convince ILS to execute someone.

*This is just me blabbering, and not meant to hint at ILS's alignment.

Um, I actually think I'm gonna... postpone this until the day in PokeChoice Mafia ends, yeah? Go back to sleep, everyone.

Sure, have a peaceful living sleep. Dream your last dreams of nice people and nice things.

Blah blah blah...

Mai is dead. They were a Just Plain Nice Guy.

Banish those unworthy of the title of Nice Guy, I liek Squirtles!* You all have fourty-eight hours to convince ILS to execute someone.

*This is just me blabbering, and not meant to hint at ILS's alignment.

Okay, so...

There are three mafia left, so that leaves a hero and a kingmaker, assuming the kingmaker hasn't died prior to this and a new one has been assigned, and assuming that alignment doesn't factor into being a kingmaker. So we have these options and theories:

1) I and another person are innocent, with the other person being the hero. The other three are mafia. Honestly, this could be anyone. I'm kind of leaning towards Flora and Light being mafia, given how Light's been suspicious and Flora's been generally inactive. This isn't that credible a lead, given that my claim really can't be factored into a game like this, and that I've been just as suspicious as those two.

2)VM and ILS are innocent, the rest are mafia.

3) Flora and Light are innocent, the rest are mafia.

4) VM and Flora are innocent, the rest are mafia.

5) ILS and Light are innocent, the rest are mafia.

Now, seeing as these theories really can't be verified atm, I really don't know what we should do.

Those... aren't all the permutations, DarkAura.

It's amusing that you would list out suspects under the assumption that you yourself are mafia, but we already knew you were.

Would you mafia guys please just pick a target and get this over with?

...yes they are? In a straightforward sense, of course.

Well, yes, Light. I'm going by theories, regardless of what I actually am, because I know that my word just isn't enough. But I guess I kinda averted that, given the scenarios I gave where I would be mafia to be more straightforward than the first one.

Honestly, I really am leaning towards the fact that you and Flora are mafia, with the other being ILS or VM. Unless I'm horribly wrong and that one of you is the hero, but hey, at least that'd mean that your hero powers would activate and off a mafia. Either that, or ILS is the hero, so he'd have no reason in hesitating in executing one of us.

or maybe ILS is bodyguard???

...yes they are? In a straightforward sense, of course.

I don't know what you mean "in a straightforward sense." I was saying that with 5 players, there are 5!/3! = 20 possible combinations, and you listed only 5.

Doesn't matter, game's about done. Given the surviving roles I'm not seeing any possible way town can win...

Case 1: Mafia is king today.
-Best possible result: mafia execute hero.
-Hero dies at night, tomorrow mafia get to be king again.
-Mafia win

Case 2: Hero is king today.
-Best possible result: hero executes mafia
-Mafia must get kingship tomorrow.
-Best possible result after that: mafia nightkill Just Plain Nice Guy, then attempt to execute Hero.
-1 mafia, 1 hero; nightphase.
-Remaining mafia nightkills hero.
-Mafia win.

*5!/3! was the formula for when order matters. Order doesn't matter, so there are actually 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 10 combinations.

A more elegant way of explaining this is, since mafia can only die during the day and townies die every night, the best scenarios lead to alternating losses for town and mafia until just 1 mafia remains, unless the mafia somehow forget to send in a kill.

So hurry up and execute the person you think is the hero.

There are varying degrees of logic in your cases, but none more than the second one.

But first, the first one. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong, but you're acting on the assumption that everyone but you is mafia, when we still have two townies left, leaving three mafia members. We still have you and Flora left to be kings, and I highly doubt that both of you are innocent (Well, not so much Flora, since her only crime is being inactive, but like I said, there are only two innocents, and I'm leaning towards either VM or ILS to be the other innocent).

Your second case, I'm confused on. The only two people left who haven't been king are you and Flora, and when you say that mafia must get kingship the following day... well?

Don't get bogged down in the "Detailed Logic" section; I realized there were a few cases I left out, so I provided a simpler explanation.

Back
Top Bottom