• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Languages

Dutch reads like German quite a bit. It's close grammatically as well. Pronunciation is markedly different.

the g ahhhhhhh

I speak fluent Slovenian and English. I nominally have five years' worth of German. It is more like two. I can get around a city?

eta: oh, by virtue of Slovenian I can mostly understand written Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian, et al., and on a good day basic things in Russian, too.

Last edited:
I only speak English.
I might have the patience to learn a new language if someone could teach it in a way that interests me.
I failed Spanish 'cause it was boring, so. ><

Well, English obviously. Other than that, I know some Latin, but even after 4 years I can barely choke out a sentence. I'm good with vocab, but fall apart when it comes to the grammar...

I really want to start learning at least the basics of other languages...English is boring.

I speak English fairly fluently. It is my native language.

Estoy estudianto español. Lo hablo mal, pero escribo y leo un poco bien. Creo. Tal vez.

Em primeiro lugar, my native language is Portuguese.

I speak English fluently as well, clearly. And estoy aprendiendo Spanish.

I'm fluent in English and Danish, and I am struggling to learn German.
Pluuuuus, I know a few random sentences in other languages:
Merra, merra! Tengu tu narris!
Ceci ne pas un pommes.
Je ne regrette rien.
Ajunngilaq.
They're probably all misspelled XD

Fluent in English, proficient in French and Spanish, learning Russian, and can speak tidbits of Greek, Cornish, Chinese, Japanese and Lithuanian (don't ask).

I also am proficient in Latin, though that's hardly useful today.

English...and that's about it. I want to learn another language, but I can never decide which one I want long enough to stick with it. I know a little bit of French thanks to a high school class I took for two years, but it really wasn't very competent, so I barely remember anything. I can read/write French much, much better than I can speak/understand it.

Spanish would definitely be the most practical to start with, seeing as I plan to move to the Southwest U.S. But I also want to finish French and pick up German as well. Oh, well, not like I don't have time, and there's always college courses...

Last edited:
^That'd be "Hablo Español, más o menos."

Personally, I'm fluent in English and Swedish. Then there's the general knowledge of Germanic and Romance languages, which definitely helps. Although I wish I could actually use some of them...

We haven't gotten into gender-stuff yet, which is annoying.

Well, your sentence translated into "I spoke Spanish, more and less." If that was what you wanted to say, then it made sense, but it didn't seem that way. The new one is just in present tense. o.o

Back
Top Bottom