• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Maeror Astrorum [Sign-up/OOC] OPEN

Yeah, we haven't even started yet. You're welcome to join.

Speaking of not having started yet, we only need one more Tristiculum Astrum to join before we reach my minimum. The RP will start once we reach said minimum, but the sign-ups will remain open. But only for a little while. I'm thinking that smallish roleplays might last longer.

Oh, I see. In that case:

Form said:
Name: Arcane

Sex: Male

Home Region: Unova

Current Location: Unova, Village Bridge

Pokemon Species: Zoroark

Powers:
Illusion: Arcane is able to deceive multiple people and pokemon into seeing what he wants them to see. On it's own, this power is harmless. Distracting, or touching, him causes all of his illusions to instantly end.

Night Daze: A weaker version of the Zoroark power of the same name. It can break standard wooden doors at point-blank range, but anything over five feet away is more likely to be buffeted by a high wind and brief shreds of darkness than actively hurt. It tends to sting the eyes of those caught in it, but this is a temporary side-effect (5 minutes max).

Appearance: Red hair with pitch black tips that reaches down to his waist; it is usually bound at a point midway down his back. His skin is ashen, his eyes are teal green and serious, and his physique is around about the same as a scarecrow. His eyes glow eerily when he starts using his Illusion ability. He wakes up in a brightly-coloured hawaiian shirt, lime-green shorts and day-glo orange plastic sandals.

Personality: Arcane utterly despises bright colours, and avoids them like the plague. He keeps to the shadows, and tends to flinch at the slightest unexpected noise. He is prickly and disagreeable to strangers, but intensely loyal to those he decides are allies and friends. He has a distinct sense of fair-play, and will actively try to help people if he's responsible for their predicament.

Biography: Long ago, a little girl was given a Zorua to keep her company while her parents worked. She was a little sad that her parents couldn't be around, but the Zorua amused her with illusions and tricks, and they became great friends. Time passed, the pair grew older and closer, had many adventures and mishaps, and eventually the Zorua evolved. No-one quite knew the details of how it happened, but before long the Zoroark was found holding an egg and looking quite bemused.

It didn't go near the neighbours Purrloin after that.

Needless to say, the egg was hatched and 'put up for adoption' because the busy parents simply couldn't look after another pet. That baby Zorua was Arcane, and he has spent most of his life behind bars. While there, he used to use his abilities to make the room look more agreeable; the floor often sprouted illusory grass, and an illusory sun shone in an illusory sky. Sometimes, in an attempt to cheer the others up, he'd gently mock the humans who came to see them by taking on their appearances and doing things that no human would ever be caught dead doing.

These flights of fancy became less and less frequent over time, until they stopped altogether. Slowly, Arcane became more and more, serious until, at the age of fifteen, he finally evolved into a grouchy Zoroark.

His part in the escape attempt was to cover the escape with his illusions.

Other: He likes most of the pokemon he was caged with, to some extent. His plan was to quietly disappear once the group got away and go his own way; now that he is out, he wants to find them again and work out if this is some kind of freaky trick.

I forgot the actual colour of Zoroark hair, despite it being on my avatar (herpderp). Appearance changed slightly.

Last edited:
Form:

Name: Pyre Requiem

Sex: Male

Home Region: Unova

Current Location: Giant Chasm

Pokemon Species: Lampent

Powers: Pyre is completely immune to -and strengthened by- fire, an attribute left over from his Ability when he was a Pokemon. He still possesses weak fire manipulation, usually in the form of an Ember or Will-o-Wisp. He has also retained some telekinetic power, able to lift small objects and even levitate, though the latter only by using strong concentration and a lot of energy.

Appearance: He has deep purple-blue eyes. He has "ghostly" pale skin, with /just/ a hint of gray if you look really close. He is wearing a pair of dark camo shorts and a black T-shirt with a dark gray jacket. His hair is jet black, with blue-ish streaks in it. He wears a constant poker face.

Personality: Pyre normally has very little emotion- mostly in the form of sarcasm- and does not understand dramatic people. He is, as one of his friends put it, 0k with a lot of things. Occasionally, he is subjected to bouts of mania, a side effect of transitioning from the deadpan Lampents to the emotional creatures known as humans. In his manic state, he becomes hyperactive and cheerful to the point of optimistic, and talks very quickly.

Biography: He was captured as a Litwick, derping around his home in the Celestial Tower. Inside, there is a long forgotten library in a basement. So long forgotten, in fact, that most of the books have crumbled into dust. Unsatisfied by what little knowledge contained within the remaining books, however, the ghosts and psychics had set up a smuggling ring, transferring stolen items into the Tower, and occasionally to smaller groups of Pokemon with a similar hunger for knowledge- provided, of course, they had the right goods to trade.
The crime ring had become so extensive, in fact, that one of the highest protected research labs kindly "donated" one of those newfangled special motor thingamijigs- this one, the humans called it a "laptop." Among the operatives in this mission was a certain Litwick named Pyre. He was the last link in the chain of this operation: the one to actually get the objective away from the facility. With the help of the residant Rotom couple, Celestial Tower became much more of a center for the study of human culture than ever before.

Being so recent, he was the third newest arrival before he was transformed. Soon after he arrived, Pyre evolved, losing the almost perpetual joy of the Litwick, along with most of the rest of his emotions.
Other: Probably isn't going to get any farther than a friend with anybody. Doesn't know anyone from the lab. May or may not have a girlfriend in the Celestial Tower.

Last edited:
Zoroark's profile is accepted once the bold parts are made bold again.

Yoshi is happy that this is not dying off anymore. Yoshi is also happy because he finished his character concept art and it turned out better than most of his stuff.

Meet Mitch, everyone.

I was sort of planning on just starting with what we had already as a way of reminding people about this if it seemed everyone had forgotten about it. So it probably wouldn't have actually died off.

Also, the thread will be up later this evening. Unless I have homework in every single subject I have tomorrow. Maybe even then, since that's only three subjects.

Zoroark's is accepted.

Also, I guess it will end up starting tomorrow. Because of the Great Fire of London.

EDIT: And the thread is up! Here's a link.

Last edited:
I suddenly have specific questions that haven't been addressed yet. The main ones are these:

What clues do the transformed pokemon have that might lead them back together? What clues might they find that leads them all to the same place? Would they decide that heading for the scientists main building be the best chance of finding something, or someone, able to reverse the transformation? And lastly; what kind of things do they have watching them?

It's an experiment, right? You don't let experiments wander around willy-nilly and not keep track of them.

The main reason for these questions is that I'm wondering what kind of things Arcane might notice.

Edit: Looong post.

Last edited:
Referring to Zoroark, I thought legendaries weren't allowed?

Name: Blazaria

Sex: Female

Home Region: Kanto

Current Location: In the heart of Mt. Silver (in between Johto and Kanto)

Pokemon Species: Vulpix

Powers: Is able to use all fire type moves Vulpix can learn by level up. Blazaria has retained the fire resistant insides. She has kept her somewhat mind manipulative powers (Vulpix can use Extrasensory), and if she focuses intensely, can produce a blast of extreme power that tires her instantly and lasts only a millionth of a second. She can also radiate a distracting light of pure energy if need be of any color or combination of colors.

Appearance: Looks mostly like a young, normal girl with long knee length chocolate brown hair, but has slightly pointed ears like a dwarf's and feet are somewhere in between feet and paws. Has normal human pupils, but are rather almond shaped and the irises are an odd, bright hazel brown. Has bangs that hang over face that resemble the curls of the hair on a Vulpix, which, if cut off or abused, will grow back in the same curl. Body is the same orangey color, but without fur. She still has a Vulpix tail, which she makes no effort to cover up. She commonly wears a light blue tanktop, apparently unaware of the contrast with her skin, with a knee length skirt that has magenta striped with blue on it. The skirt is usually thrown carelessly over her tail.

Personality: Friendly and overall generous and kind. Outwardly, Blazaria appears jolly, but can turn deathly serious if placed in a certain situation. Blazaria has been scarred, understandably, from being captured and often has a dark and pessimistic side of her personality that surfaces when stressed just enough.

Biography: Blazaria was a young, happy, and jolly Vulpix who had been playing in the grass happily when... they appeared. A dark shadow loomed over Blazaria, and a hand lowered down and firmly picked her up. Despite the Scientists' soothing words, Blazaria whimpered, tails lowered. The person placed her in a cage, which was placed in a truck, which was then driven off to the building of her recent home. The Scientist unloaded the cage that contained a trembling Vulpix, and roughly put it on a shelf as if she was an inanimate object.

Other: Blazaria has never been especially close to any one Pokémon, instead pretty much loving everyone. However, she has always felt intrigued by Mitch, wondering why he's always stayed away from the eyes of everyone else.

Last edited:
I suddenly have specific questions that haven't been addressed yet. The main ones are these:

What clues do the transformed pokemon have that might lead them back together? What clues might they find that leads them all to the same place? Would they decide that heading for the scientists main building be the best chance of finding something, or someone, able to reverse the transformation? And lastly; what kind of things do they have watching them?

It's an experiment, right? You don't let experiments wander around willy-nilly and not keep track of them.

The main reason for these questions is that I'm wondering what kind of things Arcane might notice.

Edit: Looong post.

Ooh, questions! I like when people ask questions! It gives me good ideas!

The clues could be anything related to the others, really. A strand of hair, a gut feeling, or, if you want to make it really easy, people talking about seeing weird tailed people walking around. If two Tristicula Astra are in the same region, and they walk long enough in just the right direction, they may even bump into each other on accident. It's your call ,really.

I can't answer the third one. When it gets to a point where they have to think about that, they'll think about it, but again, you have to figure out what your character would do.

And the Scientists are watching your every move in various ways. Surprise me!

So yeah, basically, it's all up to you guys. My only job at this point is to play along, accept or decline sign-ups, and kick people out if they're being jerks.

---

Mewtini's signup is accepted. 10 is a bit young though (she would probably had to have been captured a bit later than most if that were the case), so unless there's a really good reason, I'd like you to bump the age up a bit.

Zoroark isn't a legendary. It's basically an event only Expy of Lucario.

Legendaries can't breed, not even with a ditto, since they're 'unique'. I assure you that I have a box full of Zorua to prove that Zoroark certainly can breed, and do so with great enthusiasm.

Ooh, questions! I like when people ask questions! It gives me good ideas!

The clues could be anything related to the others, really. A strand of hair, a gut feeling, or, if you want to make it really easy, people talking about seeing weird tailed people walking around. If two Tristicula Astra are in the same region, and they walk long enough in just the right direction, they may even bump into each other on accident. It's your call ,really.

I can't answer the third one. When it gets to a point where they have to think about that, they'll think about it, but again, you have to figure out what your character would do.

And the Scientists are watching your every move in various ways. Surprise me!

So yeah, basically, it's all up to you guys. My only job at this point is to play along, accept or decline sign-ups, and kick people out if they're being jerks.

Hm. This is going to be challenging: how to get Arcane onto the same continent as the others.

Last edited:
Legendaries can't breed, not even with a ditto, since they're 'unique'. I assure you that I have a box full of Zorua to prove that Zoroark certainly can breed, and do so with great enthusiasm.

Hm. This is going to be challenging: how to get Arcane onto the same continent as the others.

My Lampent guy is going to be in Unova.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

The Yoshi was very bored tonight. So the Yoshi felt like sketching his interpretation of all the characters approved at this point. Note the word SKETCH. Far from finalized.

Mostly a good scan, 'cept for poor Arcane. He got smudged, I guess. And there was nothing on Vesta's clothes, so I just went with Kirlia dress. Anywhos, yeah, just wanted to share that with you guys.

Y'know, I think you got Arcane's disapproval at being drawn in a Hawiian shirt juuust right. It kind of makes me want to pick up a pencil again and this time actually finish that drawing course I started a while back.

My Lampent guy is going to be in Unova.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Good grief! I didn't see you there for a moment. Hm. I daresay that this might be funny, in a weird, illusion-y, ghost-like way. Do you want to go down the Case of Mistaken Identity route? It might involve Hilarity ensuing.

Glad you guys are happy with it :D

If I get more bored, I might ink it digitally (Since I shredded the paper five seconds after scanning. Habit.).

you are amazing even though I don't know you well

that is an amazing way to draw Blazaria, except for ooone measly thing

You kind of missed the bangs, which are curled similarly to her tail. (see: Vulpix sprite/Sugomori art). But it looks amazing!

Aww... you beat me to it. I'm still going to do my take on the characters as well. Probably won't be nearly as good though. You did an awesome job.

@Mewtini- Well, I was looking at the bangs on the Vulpix, and I wondered about that. Thanks for the note.

@Littlestream- I look forward to it!

Back
Top Bottom