• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Maeror Astrorum [Sign-up/OOC] OPEN

I think I may have solved the problem of how Arcane is going to get to the others. Mostly by looking at the Town Map on my game and randomly tapping towns with my stylus.

I think he might hitch-hike on a plane, accidentally.

You're accidentally aboard when it takes off?

Okay, less 'accidentally', and more 'planning to steal something', but it amounts to the same thing.

Should we have it that all of the Tristicula Astra can still understand Pokemon? It makes more sense than losing it.

I guess it makes sense, but seems like it'll make it too easy.

Picture this.

"Yo Swanna, pick me up and take me to Goldenrod City so I can see my friends, thank ya."

So, yeah. Or maybe.

"Hey, Bidoof, did you see a guy with leaves sticking out his arms?"

Okay, quick question; if you had some stranger come up to you and basically say 'Drop what you're doing, and take me to a foreign country just because I say so' would you do it? Even if they spoke your language, I can't really see it happening. I'd think that asking a Bidoof if he's seen some guy with leaves would just result in you being directed to the nearest Treeko, or any other grass-type; they might not 'get' what you mean. And they might not have seen anyone, anyway.

I'd think wild pokemon would be the same way as any other person; guarded, and not about to drop everything to do an enormous favour for some stranger, even if they can speak the language. About the best you'd likely get would be directions to the nearest human settlement, and even then they'd be skewed to the pokemon's perspectives. For example:

'Hey, Pidove! Where's the nearest human town?'
'That way!'

There'd be no mention of the five-hundred foot drop down the side of a cliff, because it simply wouldn't occur to a flying-type that that kind of thing matters. Asking a ghost-type would likely lead to a road filled with massive potholes, creepy trees and scary-looking things, because that kind of thing is hilarious when you get your jollies by watching people freak out; it might not even be paying attention to the question anyway.

So, really, the Experiments having the ability to talk to pokemon would just mean that they have more people to talk to than any trainer. It also means that there might be a group of people the Experiments can trust aren't working for the Scientists; that faction is a purely human thing, isn't it?

Last edited:
I'm thinking that they keep their Poke-speech abilities, but as they get more accustomed to speaking human, their ability to speak Pokemon decreases, simply because they aren't used to it anymore. That make any sense?

Yes. I'm basically going by past experience here, actually. I used to speak Dutch pretty well, I lost the ability to speak it as time went on, but I still understand it pretty well. Though I did not think of that when I posted my idea.

Thinking about it, Pokémon seem to understand human quite easily. Thus the communication gap is still not present...

... I think I completely forgot about that. How does one forget something like that? The series wouldn't work if Pokemon didn't understand humans! Further proof that I am an idiot.

Pretty much done. The Bio section is kinda shitty, because I'm drawing a bit of a blank on his background. I'll finish that later.

Accepted!
EDIT: Took a look at it again; as with DarkAura's character, I was wondering if the surname is really necessary.

Woo!

I'll hold off on posting until I'm sure where Lampent-Boy is, I think. That means I'm waiting for Seeker's first post.

EDIT: Took a look at it again; as with DarkAura's character, I was wondering if the surname is really necessary.

Bit of backstory/headcanon here: The Litwick line, along with some other Ghost families and regal lines, add names apon evolution. Some are based on accomplishments; others are based on the Pokemon itself. The Litwick line chooses its own. Therefore, when he was a Litwick, Pyre's full name was just Pyre.

@Zoroark: I have to go to bed soon, so I won't be able to post until maybe tomorrow. He's just going to be directly in the middle of the Giant Chasm. Feel free to post.

@Legendaryseeker99: Ah. That makes sense.

---
Anyone want art?

Blazaria is barefooted because I wanted to draw her paw/feet, Vesta is barefooted because I couldn't think of shoes for her to wear. And Arcane's face got a little bent. Poor guy doesn't have any luck.

Maybe I'll have Arcane hang around Opelucid for a while, at least until Pyre catches up a little. It might be funny if he's lagging behind, hearing all these things about a grey-skinned human with the ability to manipulate illusions, and he finally catches up when he spots the ex-zoroark scrambling onto a plane.

You know, I think maybe there's a plot there.

Yeah, I'm not going to be able to post today.
Fuckton of math homework + Memorizing The Raven + starting a project due tomorrow = A waaaaaaaay too busy Seeker.

I do so love Mitch's face palm. :3 I did a sketch in math class of Mitch holding Blazy. *Points down*

AHAHAHAHA. If there be one thing I pride meself on, it'd be me facial expressions.

Back
Top Bottom