• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mafia Idea Center

Unrelatedly, I got back from a mafiascum wiki binge so: has there been a Bastard Mafia or Improbable Role Mafia? Again, I'd love to write roles and maybe GM if someone wants to do all the hard work help out.
I have my share of experience GMing complicated games, so, if you have an idea, I could work it out.

Bastard modding might not go over so well, I think (see: opal's EVERYTHING IS ALIENS game); improbable roles might be fun, though. There are a bunch of p. cool ideas on Mafiascum I'd eventually like to try when my mojo/free time comes back.

Bastard modding might not go over so well, I think (see: opal's EVERYTHING IS ALIENS game); improbable roles might be fun, though. There are a bunch of p. cool ideas on Mafiascum I'd eventually like to try when my mojo/free time comes back.
Well, a game explicitly labeled as bastard would work out differently, won't it? Considering that the players are well aware that not all information they come across will be reliable.

what is the point of a bastard game if you tell people it's a bastard game, though

It might, and I don't want to totally discourage anyone from trying one. It's just that depending on what they are, the unreliable information and ridiculous rulings would have to be handled pretty carefully to actually keep people from being pissed off and all that.

But eh, TCoD's mafia crowd is usually pretty good-natured, so maybe they could stomach a little more bastardry than I'm giving them credit for.

Actually I wasn't expecting anyone to step up so quickly so uh. Lemme get the basic things for a few roles down and we'll move this to PM, Metallica Fanboy.

EVERYTHING IS ALIENS. God I need to find this thread now. I dunno, if there's interest then yeah, I'll try to do it, otherwise there'll have to be some bastardry slipped in other games meh.

(Oh no that one game I was such a horrible player back then.)

I would love to play that sort of game, actually! Maybe I'm just weird. xD

Is this still a thing that is happening/will happen in the future? I'd be all over this like the biggest creep ever and could contribute to roles and rules and stuff if necessary. I'd even GM if I had any experience GMing but I don't so.
Yeah, I eventually plan on doing that, probably once SSB Choice Mafia is over. I already have a few of the roles worked out, but if you really want to help, I'd greatly appreciate it :D

It means the mod is a bastard who loves to fuck around with players' minds. The formal definition is a game made more for the amusement of the GM than for the players.

It's a type of mafia.

I think we should wait a while before ever trying out a complicated mafia like that. A lot of experienced players haven't been playing lately and we've been getting a lot of new ones.

EDIT: WAS UBER NINJA'D

what does this mean

It is when a mod (GM) is a "bastard" about the game, such as:
The only Inspector being Paranoid/Naive; having someone be a "quack" without telling them, such as a Vig that is unable to kill, or a Doctor unable to heal; and things like only able to talk in a certain way, like not able to say words without the letter "a" in them or having to speak in a manner that makes them seem scummy, with breaking the inhibitors resulting in instant modkill.

Also, lots of mindscrew, false flavortext/info, ect.

EDIT: 3x NINJA'D COMBOB
Although I probably explained it better.

I will admit this, and it makes me sad.... but I am a mean ass GM. I kind of... in the back of my mind, hope the mafia wins. And I've had some interesting wins, like a lover inn/mafia win, and an alien win.

EDIT: Now that I think of it.... this sounds really fun....

Teehee I am having way too much fun imagining this....

Hmm. From opal's game it looks like the line between ridiculous bastardry and interesting plot twists is uh, pretty thin and I probably wouldn't be a good judge of that. but now that there's interest what do

But yeah, a bastard game is probably not the best first game to GM so I should probably lern2fourmmafeea before anything :/ Or someone else take this up so I can play too :D Improbable Role Mafia is still a thing though if anyone cares and I guess I should PM Metallica Fanboy about that at some point.

And Zapi, if I help out with roles does that mean I can't play? I mean, were you thinking of secret roles?

Hmm. From opal's game it looks like the line between ridiculous bastardry and interesting plot twists is uh, pretty thin and I probably wouldn't be a good judge of that. but now that there's interest what do

But yeah, a bastard game is probably not the best first game to GM so I should probably lern2fourmmafeea before anything :/ Or someone else take this up so I can play too :D Improbable Role Mafia is still a thing though if anyone cares and I guess I should PM Metallica Fanboy about that at some point.

And Zapi, if I help out with roles does that mean I can't play? I mean, were you thinking of secret roles?

You read the game, didn't you. I was different before the namechange; much more of an idiot.

Anyhow. I've been planning a vaguely sort-of bastardish game. Anyone remember Mirrormen Mafia? It's going to be like that, except for the fact that players can become reinfested and uninfested at will. The cult-mafia won't know whether their fellow cult-mafia are still cult-mafia, and I'm debating the idea of an inspector. There will be two factions; despite the fact I have a debateable role list I do not know much else.

The roles will be posted, if only for the fact I'd discussed this openly before.

The thing here is that it's going to be an Animorphs Mafia (DarkAura and I discussed it before deciding on this). So, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Yeah um wow me too actually. I can sympathize with that so let's just have a mutual thing to not discuss pre-namechange anything..?

^Definitely joining~ Do you have the Ellimist and Crayak in there? They could have a vigilante rivalry-type thing where their win conditions are to kill each other. If one of them does kill the other they personally win but the game goes on, and they become a vanilla townie/mafia, or something.

Just casually throwing ideas around.

I was going to do secret roles, yeah. But I don't necessarily have to do secret roles, if you wanted to help and still be able to play.

Back
Top Bottom