• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mafia [Mafia Win]

Re: Mafia [Day 1]

Hey, look who lost the ability to read!

(grumblegrumblestupidselfgrumblegrumble)

Just saw the Day 1 and it' easy to guess what I assumed from there.

Re: Mafia [Day 2]

Perhaps Coroxn posted something important, the Mafia saw, and they killed him for it? Unfortunately I'm never online in the morning so I didn't get to see what it was. Did anyone else see?

That is indeed a good question. I couldn't tell you though. My problem is the same as yours.

Unfortunately, other than what blazhy said, I can't seem to figure out why Coroxn died.

Hm, is a shame that Coroxn posted at such an inconvenient for us, or we might've gotten some useful information. :U Almost certainly would've, actually.

The "three guesses who's dead..." makes it seem like Coroxn had a good reason to die, though, or it was obvious that he'd die, right? If he posted something random, then I don't think the Mafia would've went after him. I'm pretty certain that he had some valuable information, but as to what it is, I can't say. :U

It is indeed a bummer.

That's a good point. Perhaps the '3' refers to one of the three roles handed out (Inspector/Doctor/Lover)?

Phantom, will you tell us if a mafia, or one of the three roles (Inspector/Doctor/Lover) dies?

Perhaps the '3' refers to one of the three roles handed out (Inspector/Doctor/Lover)?

I believe Phantom already stated that there will be no flavor-text?

I kinda think that he was killed for having useful information. Meaning that the Mafia probably saw whatever he wrote and didn't want to risk it getting out to all of us.

Hmm, I think it was another way of saying "guess who died?" or something to that effect, as in we should not be surprised that Coroxn died. Although if he had important information he likely had a role.

Only alignment will be shown (innocent/Mafia), so we won't know if the inspector or doctor dies. If the lover dies, though, someone else will too, so we'll know when the lover dies.

I just got ninja'd epicly |< Stop typing fast you guys

But pretty much yeah, I agree with Light and Flora.

Fair enough. I forgot there wouldn't be any flavor.

Also, Light and Flora; did either of you see what Coroxn wrote? You probably would have said so already, but you might have forgotten.

Nope, I didn't get the chance. I was probably asleep at the time ^^;

Right so I sort of went into a ramble trying to narrow down what important information Coroxn could've had so uh forgive me if half of what I'm saying is really obvious and has already been established. :c

Coroxn posted on day one to abstain and mentioned that he had nothing of note to say. I don't think he would've posted again that day phase, so it seems like he thought the night was actually over. He probably found out something during the night, then. With the roles as they are, I can come up with only two ways that could happen: either he was inspector or he was doing something like PMing a mafia member who let something slip.

The former seems more likely, except that I don't think Phantom replies to inspectors until the end of the night; the last time roles were rolled I was the inspector, and Phantom answered a question I asked when I sent in an action, but was apparently waiting to give me an inspection result. If Coroxn was posting about a suspicion that arose when PMing someone, I think it would probably be something concrete? Like someone claimed a role that he had or something. Since he was the only one who died, that would've had to be inspector or doctor. I suppose he could've been suspicious about anything, though.

Well. Our fourty-eight hours are actually already up, aren't they? Anyone got any suggestions as to what we should do?

Hmm, so then Coroxn was either inspector, or he had been talking with a Mafia member outside of the thread (and in this case, perhaps inspector or doctor, but not necessarily). Any possibilities we're overlooking? It's a long shot, but was anyone else talking with Coroxn via PM, and if they were, did they know of Coroxn's other contacts?

Now that you ask that however, anyone that responds is instantly under suspicion, so everyone hasn't been pming Coroxn.

Hmm, not necessarily... If someone said "I was PMing Coroxn but I knew he was PMing _____ too" then _____ would be put under suspicion. If someone just said "I was PMing Coroxn but I don't know of anyone else who was" then they would be put under suspicion, sure.

But I'm not sure if asking for people who PM'd Coroxn is such a good idea in the first place, hurr. That's assuming that Coroxn was in contact with a Mafia member and the Mafia member let something slip. The chances of that are quite slim, I think. It's equally likely - perhaps even more likely - that he was the inspector, so this whole PMing thing would not hold any water. If he was the inspector, though, we don't have any leads and we have just lost an important role. Is dangerous to be optimistic though...!

Hmm, not necessarily... If someone said "I was PMing Coroxn but I knew he was PMing _____ too" then _____ would be put under suspicion. If someone just said "I was PMing Coroxn but I don't know of anyone else who was" then they would be put under suspicion, sure.

Which is a great incentive for any suspicious person who did happen to be PMing Coroxn to pick a name at random and go with the former!

Back
Top Bottom