• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Musical Instruments you play

I don't play music, dammit!

No, seriously, I really can't. I am genuinely musically retarded. :B

Ah, hm, ha. Well, I found my mother's old violin hidden behind a bookshelf in the living room, and looking at it - I mean, it's a really beautiful instrument, and I'm not exactly doing much this summer... I've got enough money to have it fixed and all, but I don't want it to be a waste of time, you know?

If you think you'll continue after the summer then by all means get it fixed and give it a go. It won't be a waste of time so long as you dedicate yourself to it.

I've played clarinet for five years and actually improved greatly this past year. I did guitar lessons for about year but i can still play a little. I've tried my hand at piano a couple times but never had any sort of training in it.
I'd like to learn to play a lot of other instruments, but I plan to become amazing on clarinet first. I'd also like to be able to sing well as I want to major in music.

I've done piano lessons for almost NINE years now, and I do various percussion parts for my school band. I also do Mario Paint in my freetime! :)

Trumpet: The most impractical yet awesome instrument ever. :3

Also, I actually got a proper ocarina (and not just a POS one from a craft fair) and I'm learning how to play that. Got it down pretty good so far.

I am my own instrument. In other words, I can sing (2nd soprano).

In addition to that, I play the bass guitar. It's pretty easy once you memorize what you're supposed to do. The timing comes easily.

I also own an ocarina, but I'm not exactly that good at playing it.

Four years of violin so far. I'm okay. And, Music Dragon, like Espeon said, it's very hard and sounds horrible at first but gets easier as you go along.

I also played piano for about two years, but I'm not taking lessons now.

Musical instruments, you say? Well, I play the clarinet as of present, mainly for my concert band at school. I used to be a piano player for the most part way back in grade four, but sadly, my piano teacher passed away (may he rest in piece). I still use my piano, though, from time to time.

I can also play the alto sax, soprano sax, bass clarinet (or as my fellow band mate put it at the retirement, "The sexiest instrument ever!"), baritone sax... basically any instrument that utilizes a reed (except the oboe as far as I'm aware of); and the marimba.

I play the violin. I'm still in the phase of "whyyyy is it making a screechy sound", but getting better, although I can't play anything forte for my life without making some scratching sound.

Once you get good at the violin, you can make tons of different sounds, and it's very fun to play. If you have a good ear, then a violin is a great instrument to play, because the main problem with starting the violin is getting all the pitches wrong. Oh, and making scratchy sounds with the bow, but that generally does not happen if you have a good violin and bow and will go away with a bit of practice.

I wish. I have this keyboard here, but I can only "play" simple melodies with one hand (by ear; I tend to look for the next key when I use sheets). I can barely accompany with chords, and... Well, I'm not very good.

I can sing, sort of: I'm a tenor in choir and I'm usually the one the others in the tenor part listen to. My voice, however, sucks unless I have a very lucky day; so I can't sing solo. I sing the right notes, yet it sounds terrible.

Bass guitar. I can "Pieces" By Sum 41 and "Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne. I started about 2 months ago.

Uh, the piano and a bit of flute. I've been taking piano for.. seven-eightish years, and flute for two.

bass clarinet (or as my fellow band mate put it at the retirement, "The sexiest instrument ever!")

I second this motion.

I play the following:
Piano -- 8 years (intermediate)
Flute -- 2 years (intermediate)
Clarinet -- 2 years (easy)
Bass Clarinet -- 2 years (intermediate)
Organ -- ~1 year (easy-intermediate)

:D

Back
Top Bottom