• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

GUYS GUYS I NEED AN EXCUSE TO BE WATCHING THIS! See, if my parents catch me watching MLP, they'll want to know where the HECK I got into MLP and I'll be busted and probably grounded from the computer for a very long time.

F11+multiple tabs+headphones.
or
Little sibling fakeout.

Oh, loved this episode. ((: Luna being awkward was very amusing, and the way she adjusted (eventually) to being a scary figure was nice. (and yeah Zecora WAS awesome)

Anyway, this was an okay episode; it's far from my favorite though. Luna just seemed a bit too loud and confident. I mean, her speaking like that was brilliant (obviously language would have evolved by then), but maybe I thought she'd be a lot more shy? Hmm.

Why? She WAS kind of meek in her first appearance (as Luna), but as Nightmare Moon she sure was confident and she would have been a princess with royal duties. So she would definitely be quite used to attention, I think. In fact she wanted more. :B I suspected the episode would include some trouble fitting in, (obviously) because she had been away for such a long time, as well as all the stigma surrounding her.

Where was Rarity?

Weird, huh? I'm assuming it's because she has the same voice actor as Princess Luna (I think!). Usually in cartoons they just put on a bit of a different voice and keep going, don't know why they left Rarity out entirely... also kind of disappointing that they want to pick one or the other. I mean, how cool would it be to see those two having a conversation, with their fantastic fashion senses... :B

I'm assuming it's because she has the same voice actor as Princess Luna (I think!).
Yep, they're both voiced by Tabitha St. Germain.

Anyway, I actually loved how loud and socially awkward Luna was in this episode. It was pretty adorable in its own way. :3 I guess she didn't really come off as shy to me in her first appearance - I thought if she was acting that way, it was because she was ashamed of being Nightmare Moon and wreaking havoc on everyone and stuff (lol I don't really remember the first season's pilot that well anyway). I think her shyness was something the fandom, not the people behind the show, created.

Oh, and since I never got the chance to say anything about Lesson Zero - did anyone else who used to watch The Fairly Oddparents think Twilight was starting to sound especially like Timmy Turner in that episode when she was freaking out? (I mean, I know they have the same voice actress, I just thought it was more noticeable in that episode than others.)

did anyone else who used to watch The Fairly Oddparents think Twilight was starting to sound especially like Timmy Turner in that episode when she was freaking out? (I mean, I know they have the same voice actress, I just thought it was more noticeable in that episode than others.

Umm, what??
Twilight does not equal Timmy turner!
Or does she? Him?
My head hurts....

Just watched the new episode. I wanted to hug Luna the whole time! I just found it positively adorable. But pretty much right up to the end I was wondering just how Pinkie Pie (and the foals) got a hold of the Idiot Ball. It's like everyone completely forgot what happened in episode two except Twilight! But after this episode Luna shares the spot of my favorite character with Discord, for completely different reasons. Good episode in my opinion; the story could have been a bit better, but Luna was amazing.

Where was Rarity?
In my headcanon, either she was tired after making a lot of costumes for everypony else, she is too ladylike to want to do such childish and demeaning things, or she was dressed as a ninja.

Yep, they're both voiced by Tabitha St. Germain.
I think maybe Zecora too? I think they said that it was her but there's no actual proof.

Oh, and since I never got the chance to say anything about Lesson Zero - did anyone else who used to watch The Fairly Oddparents think Twilight was starting to sound especially like Timmy Turner in that episode when she was freaking out? (I mean, I know they have the same voice actress, I just thought it was more noticeable in that episode than others.)

I don't think so. I didn't watch Faily Odd Parents all that much so maybe that's why I think that. However I do think she did sound a lot more like Timmy in 'A Bird in the Hoof'.

Last edited:
Uuuuughurghurgh another two week wait

EDIT: As long as it is, I'm totally okay with this, because I derped and realized I hadn't seen the synopsis for S2 E5 yet and oh my gawd Rarity and Sweetie Belle episode, fucking adorableeeeeeee

Rarity has quickly become one of my favorite ponies. She might almost be topping Pinkie Pie as the best imo. Pinkie hasn't really done much to defend her title lately; the chicken outfit was great, but other than that her personality isn't really showing through. I think now the hierarchy is:

-Rarity
-Pinkie Pie
-Rainbow Dash
-Fluttershy
-Twilight Sparkle
-Applejack

I feel bad because I like Applejack, but overall I seem to like her just a little less.

Anyway, yeah, can't wait for the next one.

Last edited:
Happy birthday, Derpy Hooves!

For those who don't know, it has been a year since the derp-eyed pony was seen in the background of a MLP: FiM episode. :3

GUYS GUYS I NEED AN EXCUSE TO BE WATCHING THIS! See, if my parents catch me watching MLP, they'll want to know where the HECK I got into MLP and I'll be busted and probably grounded from the computer for a very long time.

Claim that you lost a bet with your friend at school?

SQuirrel's idea is better, but i have an idea also.

Just say you were~
flipping channels,
Overheard many kids talking about it,
get a sibling into it before they find out,
Squirrels idea

My sister was the first to like it, and believe me, now everyone in my family loves it. EVERYONE.

Oh, and Rarity was in the script, but was taken out.

Hey, you know where everyone got their costumes? Rarity. Where do you think she was all day?

I think i know who's gonna be rainbow dash's new pet. I think.

Scootaloo! The creator of MLP FiM, Lauren Faust, has revealed Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash are not related. So, even though a pony having a pony as a pet is weird, (Apple jack has a DOG! And twilight has a DRAGON and had an owl. Nothing weird to you?) It's still possible.

So i think Scootaloo is gonna be the pet.

Back
Top Bottom