• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Don't be put off if you're kind of meh about the pilot two-parter, though - the rest of the show is pretty much completely different. It's good to start there anyway, but it's not very representative of what the show is generally like (in particular, the really blatant eigen plot-ness is something that happens in the season openers only).

Just saw my first set of episodes. I saw the Winter Wrap-up episode, and the episode where they put on a play in Canterlot about the founding of Equistria.

I also saw the episode when Rarity and Applejack fight at the slumberparty and when Apple Bloom gets the "Cutie Pox." All of those episodes I enjoyed a lot.

I am an official Pony Fan now.

I seriously don't get why people always suggest watching the season finale at the beginning... especially before the Ticket Master?

probably because it's AWESOME regardless!! and the ticket master is kind of boring anyway PFFT WHO NEEDS THAT

who even needs that

shh only gala costumes now

Dragonshy and Swarm of the Century are also good staring episodes.

For those who prefer darker humour, Lesson Zero and Party of One work too.

I seriously don't get why people always suggest watching the season finale at the beginning... especially before the Ticket Master?

1) Irony is a language that is universal - this episode, as well as SotC, are dripping in irony.
2) Ballroom Blitz is among the most recognizable tropes out there, though maybe not the most common. *coughCMoAcough*

Although the effect is better after watching Ticket Master and Suited for Success, I can definitely see why The Best Night Ever could be used to reel in new viewers.

I still prefer Fall Weather Friends as the introductory episode for most people. I mean, an episode about strength/athletic competitions between the two most boyish characters from the mane cast; most males will find it more bearable to watch that ep first, and they'll get to like RD and/or AJ; then they'll want to watch more to see more of them, and then in the meanwhile the rest of the cast and the show overall grows onto them as well heh.

If they're very impatient people, I can even tell them to at least just watch the first 1 and half minute from it. If they don't get curious enough to watch onwards, it's their loss.

Really? Fall Weather friends into a bad episode, but if I were to omit any episodes from a marathon of season 1, that's be one of them. Generally I find it to be one of the most boring (that's not to say bad!) episodes. And I wouldn't suggest something I find to be boring to a newcomer.

GUYSGUYSGUYS

MY FRIEND CONVERTED A HATER!

(uh, my friend's sister watches MLP religiously and said friend insisted she hated it until a friend and the fan-sister forced her to watch it and now she really likes it!)

1) Irony is a language that is universal - this episode, as well as SotC, are dripping in irony.
2) Ballroom Blitz is among the most recognizable tropes out there, though maybe not the most common. *coughCMoAcough*

Although the effect is better after watching Ticket Master and Suited for Success, I can definitely see why The Best Night Ever could be used to reel in new viewers.

I dunno, I feel "The Best Night Ever" is much better watched after you get to know the characters a little; after all you can't fully appreciate half of the episodes without having a basic understanding of the characters. I'd agree the Ticket Master isn't one of the strongest episodes but it does give a general idea of how the characters behave and interact in a single episode without needing to know them too well on a personal basis.

GUYSGUYSGUYS

MY FRIEND CONVERTED A HATER!

(uh, my friend's sister watches MLP religiously and said friend insisted she hated it until a friend and the fan-sister forced her to watch it and now she really likes it!)

Pinkie_pie_pleased.jpg

Anyway; When's the episode Family Appreciation Day? This Saturday? Or next Saturday?

This Saturday at ten AM {eastern American Time}. I am so excited. I have my DVR preset to record it when it comes out.

Ponies! Oh ponies, how I have missed your weekly antics.

Well it looks like Granny Smith's saggy old hip got fixed at some point. And she is basically the reason why Ponyville exists. And there are magic rainbow apples. And some seriously badass timberwolves. I have no problem with any of this.

Oh, and apparently there's yet another upcoming episode starring Rainbow Dash. She learns that she likes books while recuperating in a hospital. Reading Rainbow?

Does anyone know of a really good pony generator? One that'll let you drag the image of your finished pony away, with a URL and everything? I keep loooking, and I'm not finding much...

Back
Top Bottom