• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions My scratch sprites

bebroth.png
- Bebroth
Now the moth
defeats the mouse and man
it's messing with the plan
it can't be believed
'cause it's just
a hummingbird moth
who's acting like a bird
that thinks it's a bee

C+CC? (Prevo ideas if you have any?)

Finished the Bebroth line and shaded the wing outline on Bebroth!
cherpillar.png
- Cherpillar
cocuell.png
- Cocuell
bebroth-1.png
- Bebroth

EDIT:
fixed shading on Squbble and added the first evo.
squbble.png
- Squbble
sqarine.png
- Sqarine

Last edited:
subraqen.png
- Subraqen. giant submarine squid.
C+CC on any of my newest sprites? I know a lot of my old ones need their shading fixed.

Well, that was a pain to sprite. I had to hold the original sketch up to the computer screen and trace in paint just to get the scale right. Every time Equinoxe sprites, I feel like spriting.
mastra-2.png
- Mastra (new name pending?)
The plot behind Mastra is a bit shaky since plot is currently in discussion, but basically, Mastra is my main legendary, responsible for keeping balance in the world. NOTHING TO DO WITH POKEMON B/W. IF YOU ASK ABOUT THAT, YOU'LL LOSE ONE OR MORE LIMBS.

finally made Evo's for cosball!
coskhy.png
- Coskhy
costar-2.png
- Costar
EDIT: 11,600th post on the sprite/pixel art forum! so, yeah.

@Andalite:
1. suggest an alternative or let it be.
2. if you feel like it. I'll put a spot on the first post for yours if you want.
3. is it a llama or an alpaca? make up your mind!

@Lord of the Fireflies:
thanks! as it turns out the I've had very basic concept of blimkoth for a while, but without something to hang from it didn't work, so I added the balloon.

EDIT:
Spittuey.png
- Spittuey
there's your llalpacama, okay? I changed the snout so it looked more llama-like but that's it.
EDIT again:
Spittuey2.png
recolored the hair, fixed the cannon on the left. you're welcome!

Last edited:
LEEEEMUUURRRZ
lemur1.png
- Lemur Pokemon
lemur2.png
- Lemur Ball Pokemon
lemur3.png
- Lemur Asura Pokemon
credit goes to Andalite191 for coming up with the basic lemur design for me.

And now, the fire starters, designed by none other than Andalite191.
Phelame.png
- Phelame
Elphire.png
- Elphire
Magmante.png
- Magmante

They're war elephants. any comments on the design go to Andalite, not me.

morphstone.png
- Morph Stone - a stone that evolves pokemon. it seems to be the pure form of other evolution stones.

bipolte-T.png
- Bipolte. fire/ice type. I don't know what kind of Evo's to make right now though. branched would work, or maybe two forms and main types.
EDIT:
I made an ice-type/happy pole evo.
poljoy-t.png
if it's branched, maybe Poljoy. if it's multiple forms, IDK.
EDIT #2:
fire-type/sad pole branch:
polmis-t.png
- same as above, Polmis.

Last edited:
hypno-toed.png
completely redid the hypnotoad/toed thing as a scratch sprite for a contest on Serebii. The "All Glory" thing is implied, so there's no need to- ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOED. *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*
EDIT:
FinalHypnoToed-1.gif

Last edited:
Ooh, nice work. =D Is it supposed to have smooth skin like Politoed does? The shading on its left leg seems to imply fur or something; smoothing that shading out instead of having the rough spot would, in my opinion, make it look more like shiny skin.

Ooh, nice work. =D Is it supposed to have smooth skin like Politoed does? The shading on its left leg seems to imply fur or something; smoothing that shading out instead of having the rough spot would, in my opinion, make it look more like shiny skin.
an actual post! how long has it been?
thank you, it's supposed to look like the shading for the muscle/fat on the leg, but I see what you mean. I'm not sure how to handle that.

arbok

See how Arbok's shading is almost circular? That's what I think needs to be done on your sprite's back leg; I think it should look like an oval has been placed over the sprite and the darker shade goes up to the edge of the oval and nothing over. Something like this perhaps?

jkkapu.png
The red line would be the dark shade, and everything above/to the left of it would be the lighter shade. I debated about putting the red line a little higher; if you think it looks better higher then that would probably work too.

There's another spot right by the corner of the trunk (where the outline starts going from horizontal to vertical) that I think could probably use the same oval-shading-treatment, but it's not as noticeable as the one on the leg.

Back
Top Bottom